• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The trailer for the new CTR NF Grand Prix is up online:
Not sure I'll have time to really compete in this GP. Even if I did, I got burnt out playing the last one. Once I unlocked the last reward, I was hardly playing it.

From my rankings for the last one, I should get the champion kart. When is that suppose to unlock?

D

Deleted member

Not sure I'll have time to really compete in this GP. Even if I did, I got burnt out playing the last one. Once I unlocked the last reward, I was hardly playing it.

From my rankings for the last one, I should get the champion kart. When is that suppose to unlock?
I don’t know sadly.

Didn’t get up there in the rankings.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... what are y'all expecting from Sakurai's Hero demonstration today?

It's such a weird way to showcase them that I want to see exactly how he goes about it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hero
I don’t know sadly.

Didn’t get up there in the rankings.
Honestly, a lot of the GP just boiled down to how much you played it. Early on I was in the top 100 just from playing it nonstop. Keeping the rank up there just required way too much daily dedication. Getting it high early at least meant I didn't need to play much after.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It's such a weird way to showcase them that I want to see exactly how he goes about it.
I expect it to be kind of an awkward void. It’s not scripted so no classic Nintendo direct humor. It’s a Japanese man speaking so any jokes he does make won’t translate well. I don’t expect him to show anything but Hero’s gameplay meaning no new modes like the other updates got.... it’s just going to be very lackluster.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Knowing Nintendo they'll put up a Youtube live thing in another 15 minutes or so
Oh my god. Your profile pick is a Gardevoir dressed as Hsien-Ko! I LOVE it!

im expecting Sakurai to talk
Ya know. The man CAN speak English. He’s done it in the past. Maybe he will here to? Probably not.

Sigh... I’m just not a fan of his Japanese VA. The English dub fits the character so much more.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ya know. The man CAN speak English. He’s done it in the past. Maybe he will here to? Probably not.

Sigh... I’m just not a fan of his Japanese VA. The English dub fits the character so much more.
ok sorry but ,************, Sakurai aint some anime. he is a full human being, his "VA" is he god damn natural born voice

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp I intended to go for a nap last night and staying up late only to fall asleep and wake up this morning.

Good timing too because the stream will be in an hour.

*Awaits what datamining could be revealed hinting the last two characters with codenames or such*

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Never took ya for the Elma kinda of person to be honest but hey who am I judge who wants who. ;P
Elma's a weird case for me.

Never played Xenoblade X, but I really like what Elma could bring to the table when it comes to Smash

We're talking about a dual sword wielder as well as a dual gun bearer.

Like, dude, that would be perfect for Smash!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Elma's a weird case for me.

Never played Xenoblade X, but I really like what Elma could bring to the table when it comes to Smash

We're talking about a duel sword wielder as well as a duel gun wielder.

Like, dude, that would be perfect for Smash!
Can't argue with that. ;)
Plus another bad-*** kick-***ing female character alongside:ultbayonetta::ultlucina:and:ultsamus:/:ultzss:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Take your pick y'all!

Option 1. :ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Nightmare, Crash

Option 2. :ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Elma, Sylux

Option 3. :ultjoker:,:ulthero:,:ultbanjokazooie:, Shantae, Doom Slayer
I guess option 1 but....

Okay. Here’s my expanded thoughts. While i still think Crash and Dark Souls are the most likely next two editions, and Heihachi is still my most wanted at this point, Character 4 will really shape my predictions. If it’s someone more mature and serious like DoomSlayer or Artorias, than the second character will be goofy and fun like Crash or Augumon. Though a Tales character could conceivably follow up either type and still feel different.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess option 1 but....

Okay. Here’s my expanded thoughts. While i still think Crash and Dark Souls are the most likely next two editions, and Heihachi is still my most wanted at this point, Character 4 will really shape my predictions. If it’s someone more mature and serious like DoomSlayer or Artorias, than the second character will be goofy and fun like Crash or Augumon. Though a Tales character could conceivably follow up either type and still feel different.
The real shaping factor though, will be the which category the Namco character falls in. As that will shape what character is predicted for the other slot. I just hope the wait isn’t too grueling. I mean, we probably won’t find out anything till September at the earliest and November at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom