• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don’t mean with time travel. I mean with the gauntlet. With a single snap of his fingers, Hulj could have made any reality he wants. But he didn’t.

I read a lot of comics. I’m still relatively new to the whole superhero singles thing, but i’ve Been reading the IDW Ghostbusters books for decades now and believe you me that **** goes down in those books. I don’t know about this though. It just.... the depressing aspect led of the story shouldn’t be so big that they detract from the stories enjoyment value. I wish Endgame had at least addressed my concerns. Explained why erasing it from history wasn’t the best option instead of just “iron man had a kid”
Um, I don't think the Gauntlet works like that. It's very much stated that doing the snap puts a heavy toll on the user and it depends on the act you are trying to pull off. Thanos is an absolute unit who had barely any trouble with wiping out half the universe but it nearly killed him to use the same method to destroy the Infinity Stones themselves. Hulk was incapacitated just by merely reversing Thanos' snap and it outright KILLS Tony Stark to perform a significantly less demanding wish in comparison (wiping out Thanos' army). Hulk even explicitely says that he tried so hard to revive Black Widow but couldn't. Just because the Gauntlet can do anything doesn't mean the one wielding it can...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
and apologies are taboo for you as well
That's actually not true. I'm a very apologetic kind of person.

If you're actually offended, then yes, I'm sorry. Most of the time you talk to me, you're either taking a jab or being sarcastic. So it's hard to tell.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m not saying depressing things can’t happen. But I don’t want my superhero movies to trigger my actual depression. The Blip was just... too big.
You have depression? Sorry to hear that. I used to have depression, but I have gotten over it. Wasn't easy, but still possible.

Maybe it is an option to avoid them, but if you ever do come in face of another one of those superhero depressing things, just stay strong. Don't let a superhero thing that is depressing ruin the whole thing for you. In fact, don't let it affect your life. I believe in you. You may not have to like them, but I know you are stronger than this.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
and apologies are taboo for you as well

so is fortnite really gonna stay around for 5 years

wont that make it like season 30 or something
I mean, it'll exist. As a forgotten game with a handful of players, but no, it won't be the most popular game in the world by then.

My headcanon is that the gaming industry stalled after the Snap happened, half of all people in the industry stopped existing and the other half was mourning, so Fortnite continued to be popular.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Um, I don't think the Gauntlet works like that. It's very much stated that doing the snap puts a heavy toll on the user and it depends on the act you are trying to pull off. Thanos is an absolute unit who had barely any trouble with wiping out half the universe but it nearly killed him to use the same method to destroy the Infinity Stones themselves. Hulk was incapacitated just by merely reversing Thanos' snap and it outright KILLS Tony Stark to perform a significantly less demanding wish in comparison (wiping out Thanos' army). Hulk even explicitely says that he tried so hard to revive Black Widow but couldn't. Just because the Gauntlet can do anything doesn't mean the one wielding it can...
Pro gamer move

1. Snap to give yourself enough power to use the stones
2. Do whatever you want

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I too had depression. Snake and SonicSmasher you guys ain't alone. It was from a result of the guilt of how I used to treat my family especially my sister but ever since confessing they told me I'm no longer the person I once was and all I can do is move forward being the better person I am now.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
My biggest problem with Endgame is that it incorporates time travel and it's half-assed. They use the alternate timeline theory to justify there being no consequences for tampering with time, only to then contradict it with how they write out Cap by him going back in time and staying there, still keeping him in the same timeline somehow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So is this like Isaac conviently getting a pass when it comes to complaining about anime swordfighters?
I feel like most people who complain about anime swordfighters probably aren't Isaac supporters. The fanbase isn't the monolith generalizations paint it as.

I'm gonna be kinda sed if Geno gets in. It's not his fault though.

Ridley, K.Rool, Banjo, and Geno? Playable. Issac? At least he has an AT. Bandana Dee, just as popular as the other 5 but with the added benefit of being mildly important in the last decade? Nothing more than a spirit (that doesn't even get a fight).
People always point at FE when talking about Sakurai bias, but if you want the real culprit, it's right there.

Anyone else kinda wish that if Geno did make it in, he’d get his own pack separate from the Fighter Pass?
I don't see what the difference would be aside from an inability to buy him in the bundle, which seems like a negative.

So.... they did a bad thing on purpose. That doesn’t make it better. It makes it worse.

I still feel like that movie just made so many wrong decisions to the point that not even
Captain Hammer Bro
got me hyped. I was just sad.
Having a sombre tone doesn't inherently make something bad.

Sure. I guess. But this is a god damn superhero movie!
So is The Dark Knight and Logan. I wouldn't call those bad movies.

Some of the most well-received comics deal with darker themes. Dark Knight Returns, Days of Future Past, Killing Joke, freaking Watchmen. That one where Iron Man confronts his alcoholism. Adding gravity to a world increases its depth.

There are plenty of light-hearted comics/movies out there. Wanting all to embrace a similar tone for your sake seems a bit close-minded.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Before I forget...

They literally only had it work that way to force the narrative in the direction they wanted it to go. Same goes for changing how the gauntlet works. To the point where it just doesn’t make sense.
Well, that's a no good way to do time travel? Can someone say rushed? Seriously, the time travel in Endgame was ****** up. Can't believe I just cursed, by the way.

Shroob

Sup?
So that's official, then? Nice.

This month is gonna be an update heavy month, it seems.
They put the Hero reveal trailer as part of their "New releases in July" video, so it's as good as confirmed. The question is this week or next.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My biggest problem with Endgame is that it incorporates time travel and it's half-*****. They use the alternate timeline theory to justify there being no consequences for tampering with time, only to then contradict it with how they write out Cap by him going back in time and staying there, still keeping him in the same timeline somehow.
Right on, I was with the movie up until that point. Not only did it contradict the timeline mechanics, it contradicts with Winter Soldier (Peggy Carter's elation of seeing Cap after all this time) and Agent Carter :yoshi:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Now that we're on topic, I've dealt with depression on and off since 2016. It was really bad in winter of 2016-2017 to the point where I'm 100% sure I would've been diagnosed with clinical depression and potentially an anxiety disorder as well. But, I didn't have money so I just found a free counseling service on college campus. It thankfully helped overall, but feelings of depression still creep up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Right on, I was with the movie up until that point. Not only did it contradict the timeline mechanics, it contradicts with Winter Soldier (Peggy Carter's elation of seeing Cap after all this time) and Agent Carter :yoshi:
didn't peggy have dementia

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that we're on topic, I've dealt with depression on and off since 2016. It was really bad in winter of 2016-2017 to the point where I'm 100% sure I would've been diagnosed with clinical depression and potentially an anxiety disorder as well. But, I didn't have money so I just found a free counseling service on college campus. It thankfully helped overall, but feelings of depression still creep up.
Sorry to hear that, man. I hope things get better for you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Doubt it'll happen but know what would be nice upon the release of:ulthero:? A tease for the 4th DLC fighter.

That way it keeps speculation going and something to talk about.

Then doing the same with :ultbanjokazooie:with the 5th and final DLC fighter.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
User was warned for this post; image-only reply(it having words on it does not mean it has context. Please actually add your own information to it)
Its not over till 10am EST tomorrow. The video might come out then.
j0b9uvN.png

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sorry to hear that, man. I hope things get better for you.
It went away when I got a full time job. Things got stressful but I overcame it and things got good again.

Then I lost my job. Been a sad sack since then...that's a little dramatic, but you get the picture.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok then. I guess.

Endgame was still trash.

Like... arg. I don’t know.
All those people. There lives are permanently ruined. Wives and husbands and boyfriends and girlfriends, all kinds of relationships are just... permanently gone. All the people who went off the deep end like Hawkeye, or were just severely mentally damaged. Just bringing their loved ones back isn’t going to fix them. Parents who didn’t get to see their children grow up. Children who’s parents just don’t care about them anymore because they moved on. Plus something I hadn’t thought of that Far From Home brought to my attention, all the homeless people. All the people who have no lives because their jobs were filled and their possessions were sold off. And all this happened on thousands of planets all across the universe! What “hero” wouldn’t come to the conclusion that the right thing to do is to wipe the whole thing from history?
Don't forget all the irreversible deaths brought as a result of the Blip such as car and plane crashes or during surgery or on life support.

End of Endgame and Far From Home brushes all that off like it didn't happen.
People completing abandoning and hating their children when they come back definitely didn’t happen.

What parent would ever do that to their child unless they were seriously ****ed up? A parental bond is eternal. Those families were devasted and coming from a family myself who has lost a child and knows a lot of others in the same boat, I can guarantee you that to the parents, nothing would be bad if it brought their children back.
As for planes and cars, it’s established that they took passengers and put them closest to safety they could upon re entry. I’d even wager surgery patients probably were put back before they would have been cut up. Likely still needed surgery which would make for more patients, but it makes sense. However a bunch of planes, cars, boats, and trains are probably uninhabited. Which is kinda of sick because the ocean’s atmosphere would be pretty neat. Submariner when?
As for far from home I can’t really blame them. Everyone saw endgame, marvel didn’t need a recap of that. We all knew what happened and it wasn’t the story focus. Far from home also is set a few months after the blip so the world was getting back on track. There really shouldn’t be any more time spent on it. Peters breakdown later on and need to save his loved ones and friends is driven hard in this movie because of the events of endgame. Endgame is the entire driving plot for the movie. So I’d say they captured it pretty well and touched upon it without going overboard. No one wants to sit in a sob fest for the entire film. Alternative realities were literally out of the question though. The ancient one says as much because that’s literally the truth. They would destroy other worlds if they didn’t take the measures they would. Even in the comics the gauntlet is not god, it can’t fix everything or do anything. It’s been used many times. The movie touches upon this comic fact but I suppose it would have been better if we were given that info more upfront.

You haven't read any superhero comic books, have you? Because even comic books have depressing and dark moments. Lots of them, in fact.
Especially marvel. Some of the **** they wrote is really ****ed Up like how Deadpool isn’t actually Wade Wilson and he:
Brutally murdered the original one and his family after they took him in to help him at one point. Not to mention how he has locked people in his attic for quite some time torturing them.

Comic Deadpool was pretty ****ed up. And that’s just one example. Another would be that time peter becomes a zombie and kills and devours aunt May and Mary Jane. Or multi man’s entire story arcs.

Marvel gets very very dark, so endgame really wasn’t even scrapping the surface of some of it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Except that’s not how it works in the comics. Sure, the stones by themselves can do that. But the gauntlet is supposed to make it safe for anyone to use. They changed the rules just to force this narrative. Which is another thing I have s problem with altogether.
So is The Dark Knight and Logan. I wouldn't call those bad movies.

Some of the most well-received comics deal with darker themes. Dark Knight Returns, Days of Future Past, Killing Joke, freaking Watchmen. That one where Iron Man confronts his alcoholism. Adding gravity to a world increases its depth.

There are plenty of light-hearted comics/movies out there. Wanting all to embrace a similar tone for your sake seems a bit close-minded.
I actually don’t like the Dark Knight trilogy. And Logan... I watched it in a plane while I was tired. I pretty much just didn’t react to it.

Just... leave me be. I get it. I’m a freak. I don’t want to be sad when I leave a superhero movie. I like it when everything is able to work out in the end. I like it when there’s hope. But y’all just want the dark abyss to swallow us all while so it makes sense you want your superhero movies to be sad and depressing.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well since this Lupin leak is pretty much a bust now, and it looks like it will just be a simple amiibo patch, I'm guessing Hero will be released around the 29th since that's when DQ11's anniversary.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Especially marvel. Some of the **** they wrote is really ****ed Up like how Deadpool isn’t actually Wade Wilson and he:
Brutally murdered the original one and his family after they took him in to help him at one point. Not to mention how he has locked people in his attic for quite some time torturing them.

Comic Deadpool was pretty ****ed up. And that’s just one example. Another would be that time peter becomes a zombie and kills and devours aunt May and Mary Jane. Or multi man’s entire story arcs.

Marvel gets very very dark, so endgame really wasn’t even scrapping the surface of some of it.
No kidding about that. There is quite some dark stuff in superhero comics.

Dammit, now I want a Wario rpg.
I never knew I needed this in my life.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think at one point in Endgame Tony says something about "not wanting to come back to a reality where he doesn't have a daughter," or something like that, so you could think Bruce could just say "yeah, I'll just make it so the Snap never happened, but Morgan still exists. Perfect!" We'll ignore the bootstrap paradox for now (why did he unsnap the snap if the snap never happened), but what about all of the other children in the world? Even if the Soul Stone grants some kind ability to know every person in the world and keep those kids from being snappes out of existence, you now have unsnapped people with 2 spouses or significant others and 2 families. Do they break up with their new spouse or tell their old spouse "Sorry! Moved on, you should too!" Does polygamy become the norm? Do we have 2 or 3 families all living together in one house? Some people would have died of natural causes or may have been murdered in those 5 years, does Bruce snap them back for 5 more years because the snap victims didn't get to spend time with them?

Sure, you could probably find some way to get this to work, but there would be so much explanation and exposition you would have to add to a movie that's already 3 hours long. It makes so much more sense the way it is.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Lol, i come back for the first time in months excited to share something I found, and i get an infraction as i immediately the post after being told to fix it. Thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since Hero is very likely to be released this month I figured now is a good time to share some crossover art.

Just love Waluigi as a Priest and 5-Volt as a martial artist, nice tiny cameo of the Luminary as well.
Doubt it'll happen but know what would be nice upon the release of:ulthero:? A tease for the 4th DLC fighter.

That way it keeps speculation going and something to talk about.

Then doing the same with :ultbanjokazooie:with the 5th and final DLC fighter.
I really doubt they will tease fighter 4 when the 3rd one isn't released yet. I could see them teasing the 4th and 5th with Banjo though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom