• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wish I had completed that game. I just didn't really enjoy the combat system at all.
And Fiora coming back put a damper on my motivation since I had nothing to really avenge and I don't even know what role she has in a party
I also wonder how good the sequel is. Just have seen some super lame sexual anime scenes about it.
Yeah, the MMO style combat definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea and some characters are definitely more viable than others. That being said, I personally found a lot of enjoyment out of it once I started experimenting with certain party formations and gem setups.

I kinda appreciated how the story shifts from a simple revenge storyline to something much grander. Besides, Fiora's "death" had very little impact with how early it happened in the game, so I didn't mind the fake out since you discover she survived not too long after and her reappearance advances the plot towards its next arc.

The fan service and character designs in XC2 can be a bit much at times but I feel like people exaggerate how often it focuses on sexualized scenes. I found the game to be super fun despite some gripes with the gacha system and constant menu navigation, and it's still my favorite game on the Switch since its launch.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Opinion: does Jolly or Adamant work better on Dracovish? Just got me a Jolly one with Strong Jaw, but was just wondering which of the two natures works better for it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Amiibo Festival wouldn't have garnered nearly as much hate if it wasn't the only Animal Crossing game available for Wii U.

It was still totally a shameless excuse to sell AC amiibo, tho.
Those amiibos came in handy tho with Happy Home Designer for me

I honestly think it gets more hate then it deserves, I mean, I saw a video of someone, no joke, putting the game in a blender

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I swear to god if my first Shiny is a Gold Magikarp, I will throw.
My brother's pissed because he's been farming for a shiny Magikarp since he got the game.

He hasn't gone past the second gym because he's determined to have a shiny Gyarados for his playthrough. He's up to like 6000+ Magikarp killed/bred.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Now that Pokemon SwSh have been put for awhile now, I gotta ask...

Why is this not a meme yet? This is a succulent delicacy that the meme world has yet to truly enjoy.

D

Deleted member

Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.
Buddyfight, no question.
I literally watched it grow from a small ultra-obscure TCG that literally no-one knew bout to a still fairly obscure, but recognizable by name card game

also the OPS are on-fire!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Hi Y'all and Happy News Years Eve! Since its the end of the year lets talk about some of the best games you have played in 2019, the games can be old or new.
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
3. Fire Emblem Three Houses

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hi Y'all and Happy News Years Eve! Since its the end of the year lets talk about some of the best games you have played in 2019, the games can be old or new.
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
1.DQXI S
2.Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
3. RE 2 Remake

D

Deleted member

My friend wants me to animate Baldi (if any of you all know who that is) singing.

Why.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
I beat Okami and Final Fantasy 7 for the first time in 2019, and both of them were phenomenal. I also finished Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild in 2019 (I started them before that, but between Joker's announcement and wanting to beat Breath of the Wild before Link's Awakening came out, I had plenty of motivation), and I'm glad that I did.

I also beat one of the routes in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and started Final Fantasy 9, so it was a great year for me in terms of RPGs.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
Happy NYE! Here are 3 games I played this year that I loved a lot. By my count, I played through about 5 others including The Last of Us Remastered.
1. God of War (2018)
2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
3. Celeste

As a form of habit, I also replayed Journey on PS4. It's my favorite game of all time.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.
hmmm... it's pretty tough for me to narrow down. I'd at least say Pokemon Black, Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Minecraft are all in consideration

Pokemon Black, while not quite my favorite in the series, introduced to me to one of my favorite video game franchises of all time and was such an enjoyable experience from beginning to end

Smash 4 was the first Smash game I followed prerelease after getting hooked on the series in the first place with Brawl and my 2013-2015 was pretty much made on this game and it's hype cycle.

Meanwhile, Ultimate was the one that got me active in the community onto stuff like Discord and a certain site you may or may not have heard of called Smashboards

And Minecraft... boy, what a journey this game had. Never thought I'd see the day where it'd go from an indie to a AAA juggernaut and ultimately the single best selling game of all time. I spent hundreds of hours exploring the randomly generated terrains and building random structures, and I still to this day find myself booting the game up whether it be for Survival Mode, Creative Mode, or the community made stuff.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
1. Astral Chain - One of the best action games I have played.
2. Wreckfest - A racing game that filled the void of both Destruction Derby and Burnout for me.
3. Detroit Become Human - Game took me completely by surprise and absolutely enjoyed it.

Special mention - The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 1-3.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
DQXI S
Okami HD
FE:3H
taiko no Tatsujin
DQB2

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
1. Pokémon Stab
2. Fremblem Triple Homes
3. Bear and Bird assault an old woman
4. Green Man’s house of spooks
5. Primates of the Caribbean

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
Bayonetta and Dbfz, definitely. I’m looking forward to the next bayo and hopefully a season 3 of fighterz, which seems pretty likely at this point.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Bayonetta and Dbfz, definitely. I’m looking forward to the next bayo and hopefully a season 3 of fighterz, which seems pretty likely at this point.
Dataminers apparently confirmed the open data slots for a season 3, at least four characters.

So merry belated Christmas!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
For me its,
1.The Last of Us
2. Persona 5
In no particular order:

• Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Persona 5
  • Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition
  • Link's Awakening (Switch)
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Shantae Half-Genie Hero

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Question for everyone.

I'm gonna cheat a bit with my answer, but Smash Bros. in general. Throughout this entire decade, Smash bros has been a constant. I started still playing Brawl, went back to Melee for awhile, played the multiple iterations of Project M, got both versions of Smash 4, and finally received Ultimate which is honestly almost everything I could ask for in a Smash game and have been constantly playing since it's release last year.

But the true reason I cherish smash so much is the time I've spent playing it with my brothers. My two brothers are very different people who have very different interests, but Smash bros. is always a common ground with my brothers and it has been a vehicle in which we have maintained a relationship with each other. With one brother I have gone to multiple weekly tournaments with , the other brother I go to his house parties and play 8 player smash with items on. Whenever we can, we have an classic 3 way battle with all 3 of us.

Smash has also provided countless hours of fun outside the game itself, I love Smash speculation. It's a unique social outlet that introduces you to new people, new games, and allows you to share creativity, despair and triumph. Nothing quite like it despite how crazy it gets.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I swear, at this point Fighter 5 will be revealed in a direct, then they’ll say there’s a presentation directly after it, then they drop right after the presentation.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Time for the Best of Year stuff I guess

10- Judgment
9- Outer Worlds
8- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
7- God Eater 3
6- Sekiro
5- Bloodstained
4- Untitled Goose Game
3- Resident Evil 2
2- Devil May Cry V
1- Fire Emblem Three Houses

10- Godzilla: King of the Monsters
9- Lego Movie 2
8- John Wick 3
7- Captain Marvel
6- Toy Story 4
5- Shazam
4- Spider-Man Far From Home
3- Jojo Rabbit
2- Avengers Endgame
1- Knives Out

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, I want some opinions on my 2020 "resolution". I have a litany of games I bought on recommendation that I either barely started or haven't touched, and my goal for the new year is to complete six of them.

For the most part, all of said games are JRPGs because I hate JRPGs and all my friends apparently love them. So I'm gonna try.

I'm open for suggestions to changes, but so far I've got:

• Literally any Persona game (P4 Golden is what I'm starting with, but I own P5)
  • Bravely Default for Gentlepanda Gentlepanda
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Xenoblade Chronicles or Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Dragon Quest 11 for @JDCabrera
  • Trails in the Sky or Trails of Cold Steel; I've got both on Vita and I don't even remember when or how I got them
I also own Octopath Traveler, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Secret of Mana (SNES), Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn) Grandia II (Dreamcast but I don't own 1) and Xenosaga 1-3 on PS2. Probably others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Suggestions for changes?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
My rankings for games this year:

10. Yoshi's Crafted World
9. Kingdom Hearts 3
8. Mario Maker 2
7. Pokemon Sword and Shield
6. Link's Awakening (Switch)
5. Dragon Quest 11 S
4. Nyakuza Metro (Hat in Time DLC)
3. Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
2. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
1. Luigi's Mansion 3

Top 10 for the whole decade:

10. Yoshi's Woolly World
9. Persona 4 Golden
8. Mario Galaxy 2
7. Kirby Planet Robobot
6. Twilight Princess HD
5. Persona 5
4. Majora's Mask 3D
3. Shovel Knight
2. A Hat in Time
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Going to a new years party wearing P5 stuff, closing out the Decade with the best experience of this decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom