• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think 1der is ripped straight from the random tags in Melee.

That's how Tink, a Fox player, got his name LOL

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wreck random noobs on Kaillera for hours without a lagspike, and then the second I finally get a chance to play a good player, I start lagging like crazy.

WHY

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm the one who starts lagging, not the other good players. It's just that I always happen to start lagging when I play good players.

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it be cool if kaillera could load a "chat" that is specifically for p2p? ^_^

Too often would I join a chat thinking it's p2p and people are either chatting or afk.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Looks like you got trolled.

I'm gonna be honest. "ballin4life" is possibly the worst name of the 64 boards.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I wreck random noobs on Kaillera for hours without a lagspike, and then the second I finally get a chance to play a good player, I start lagging like crazy.

WHY
are you me?
i wreck nubs, good player comes along, it lags, they leave.
or, i join a good players game, it lags, i get kicked.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I think Near is a great username.

I wonder if "L" is taken. If someone started using "L" as their smash alias I would respect them for life.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think Near is a great username.

I wonder if "L" is taken. If someone started using "L" as their smash alias I would respect them for life.
Yes, there's a Melee player who's "L". Shocker. And what's wrong with you people? Names like that just shows you're a mindless fanboy with zero creativity/taste. Anybody can name themselves after their favorite character.

Also, HAMMERHEART is a cool name, I'm going to have to agree.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Yes, there's a Melee player who's "L". Shocker. And what's wrong with you people? Names like that just shows you're a mindless fanboy with zero creativity/taste. Anybody can name themselves after their favorite character.

Also, HAMMERHEART is a cool name, I'm going to have to agree.
That'd be if it were just a someone's favorite character from some serie/anime.
But it's "L" we're talking about here, so that's an awesome nickname imo.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Zero creativity yes, taste no.

True, anybody can name themselves after their favourite character but that doesn't stop the name from being any less awesome.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't really get being a fanboy. I can't get overly attached to somebody I don't know.

Speaking of things I don't get, I can't comprehend the feeling of patriotism/nationalism at all. I guess I'm inhuman or something.

Zero creativity yes, taste no.

True, anybody can name themselves after their favourite character but that doesn't stop the name from being any less awesome.
Taste, yes. You're not putting any of your personal taste into your name, you're just taking the name of a character you like. And yeah, it kind of does stop the name from being awesome.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Fair enough, once you do get attached to a fictional character as badly as someone like me you might see where we're coming from :D

I can understand patriotism but I can't understand people who are so patriotic they become blind fools that put their country ahead of everything else.

I am unpatriotic apparently because I don't like Cricket :3

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@The Star King Sort of... but it just sopts the name being awesome if the reader is someone who doesn't know where it comes from.

Moreover, I understand patriotism, but I don't like it, the term's gotten corrupted some way here.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I lol @ how Americans call it patriotism if it's for America, and nationalism if it's for other countries. Apparently nationalism has developed a negative connotation.

Fair enough, once you do get attached to a fictional character as badly as someone like me you might see where we're coming from :D
It'll never happen to me.

Also, another feeling I don't get - jealousy. Can't imagine what it feels like.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Also, another feeling I don't get - jealousy. Can't imagine what it feels like.
Weird, to me jealously is one of the reasons that strive me the most to work harder. I'm jealous of people who are more successful than me in whatever, so it makes me work that much harder to beat their ***** down.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I was just talking about jealousy.

When some girl like you they get mad jealous when you ignore them/talk to prettier women.

Also, I talked to the admins and Surri about getting some cool social themed threads going in the 64 section, like a YLYL thread. It may be a possibility, but I was wondering your guy's opinions on that. Is the smash64 section too serious and could it benefit from a few more social themed threads?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
OHHHHHHHHH

It was worded in such a way that I interpreted as the girl who liked you had you talk to a prettier girl, and I was all WHAT because I thought we were talking about situations where WE were feeling jealous.

At first, I thought you meant the girl you like talks to you, only to get you to talk to your friend or something because she likes him, and that would have made sense, but the pronouns didn't match up and I was all

"have" is a tricky verb!

Peek~

Smash Lord
Also, I talked to the admins and Surri about getting some cool social themed threads going in the 64 section, like a YLYL thread. It may be a possibility, but I was wondering your guy's opinions on that. Is the smash64 section too serious and could it benefit from a few more social themed threads?
More social threads: Yes

YLYL: PLEASE GOD NO

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
the advantage of rocks is that they dont love you back

i could **** any rock in the entire world and it wont do ****

it wont yell ****

it will just be a good

little

crystal infused

rock

Top Bottom