• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
only 2 things wrong with the n64 controller:

1. Left handle. This whole section is pretty much useless.

2. Stick durability. I guess some complaints about it being rough too.
I guess I'm the only weirdo who holds the n64 controller with the two outside handles 100% of the time to always have access to every button no matter what. :embarrass: I grew up with the n64 and seriously, not once did I use that middle handle for more than a couple of seconds. Even now when I play ssb64, I still so this. *****s are jealous when they see me taunt cancel all day in the middle of sets :cool:
also picking the best game ever is easy.

fallout 3.
imo FO1 = FOT:BoS > FO2 > FO:NV > FO3 > most other video games

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
^blue yoshi and a few others hold the controller that way too from what i recall.

lol, my list of best-to-worst fallout games is yours backwards. i struggled to get through the earlier fallout games until the release of fallout 3 whose atmosphere got me completely immersed and mesmerised. new vegas was a let-down personally as it could not match the atmosphere but gets bonus points for having a more involving story

Eh, consider going back to it sometime. I didn't play it when I was young either, and the first time I played it I didn't make it past Dodongo's Cavern (second dungeon) 'cause I got bored (sue me). But I went back to it and 100% cleared it, and I'd say I enjoyed it second time around.

P.S. You also said pro wrestling is the best sport so forgive me if I take your opinions on what you think is "best" with a grain of salt :troll:
OI. pro wrestling is simultaneously a sport, a story and an art. objectively awesome.

i'll get round to playing oot one day but for now i'll stick with my 'atelier' jrpgs :awesome:

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
Do you live in a house yet?

And the best game ever remains Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on gameboy colour. Well maybe not the best game, but the best rpg by far.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
more-or-less. james ****ed up his application apparently and the real-estate agent cannot get into contact with him because he's at work doing 12 hour shifts and sleeps the other 12 hours of the day with his phone off so he can't be disturbed. but once i pester him and he fixes it we definitely have the place, which is no joke no more than 200 meters from you (lowanna street)

but it's a great place, even has a studio. we're thinking of renting it out or making it a ping-pong table dedicated room.

TANK64

Smash Lord
he's not wrong. i never played oot when i was young, tried to play it a few months ago and could barely make it past the prologue.
wut? First time I'v heard this opinion. Hell, I know 3ds peeps who have already played through the new one multiple times lol.

I hate it when people say "best game ever". Try comparing a racing game to a fighting game.

:phone:
IKnowRight.jpg

I haven't played Majora's Mask, but I heard that it's very polarising. People seem to either love it or hate it. Hm... maybe I should go download it oops I mean buy it
lol

In terms of N64 platformers, Banjo Kazooie > Majora's Mask > Banjo Tooie = Super Mario 64 = Donkey Kong 64 = Ocarina of Time = Rayman 2
< Gex 3 \o/

Conker's was ****ing funny, but as a game and nothing else it was kinda...spread all over the place
Die.

On topic, I never played THAT much Mega Man when I was a kid, and was even less into Zelda, and even less into Final Fantasy.

I was "raised" on Nintendo consoles, but had some other STUFF. Order was probably: Nintendo>Atari>Snes>Gen>N64. Those were the big players of my childhood (although I had other STUFF). Never got into portables; Sonic for the game gear was the only game I actually played on a portable for any significant time.

Favorite game??? um, that's almost impossible, but probably something Mario, Sonic, or Harvest Moon. Or maybe StarTropics or Aladdin (Snes & Gen, both 2good), or Mario is Missing.

Favorite console??? I've always assumed 64. But Hell. Now that I think about it I can't choose (out of Nes/Snes/64). Probably Nintendo
maybe
. With an honorable mention to Gen.

TANK64

Smash Lord
>That moment when you realize you're older than everyone.

Side Note: I can't study by myself wtf. I know that's a horrible sign of something, but I have to be in a group.

And by a group, I mean with one other person who is also studying.

And by another person, I mean a young woman my age in a bedroom type environment.

And by studying, I mean sitting/lying nearby, talking to me a bit. Mostly just keeping me company.

It's the only way I can focus/stay focused.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
oh man i completely forgot about A Link To The Past

damn that was a good game

too bad i lost my GBA copy

oh, that reminds me of Fire Emblem

man i played the **** out of FE7

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I got bored of FE7 too :troll:. Played like half of it. I was interested in the story but eh. One day. Only FE game I've played.

I liked the Ephidel dude with the golden eyes wut

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I played it when I was really young... like 7th or 8th grade before I knew what the hell I was doing, but enjoyed it to no end. Probably my first RPG.

I lost count of how many times I beat it on all the different difficulty levels and it was the first game that I actually took the time to figure out how it worked.

The game became significantly less interesting and more like a chore once I discovered RNG manipulation. I still have notepads in my closet with pages and pages full of HHLLHLHLLLHLLLHHLLLLHHHLLLLHLHLHLLL

I don't know why I ruin these things for me. I ruined Pokemon too, and now I can't enjoy that, either.

I played FE6, but don't think I finished that, because emulating a hand-held on a computer is just not my style. Too lazy to invest in a GBA flashcart, too. I tried the FE1 remake, but didn't really get that far. I think I got turned off by the gaiden levels that you needed to kill off your characters to unlock. I have a HARD time parting with my peeps. Again, ruined the game before I even started.

Path of Radiance was actually pretty cool, and I put my time into that, especially since RNG manipulation didn't work in that one, so I couldn't spoil it for myself. I played like half of Radiant Dawn, but it's a ****ing Wii game and **** the Wii. There may be more, but IDK.

None of the earlier FE titles emulated properly on my DS, so I didn't bother playing those, plus the language hacks were pretty bad and barebones. Might give FE1 another go, though, now that I'm jaded and don't give a **** about anything (aside from this post, which turned out to be much longer than expected).

TANK64

Smash Lord
No it doesn't >________>
Yes. It. Does.

These ****in' kids...

It's not Punch Out where he makes a cameo. It's a HUGE part of the game. Didn't feel like saying MP2/Smash/MK/Mario Bros 3 ect.... SORRY! And I know your stupid counter argument that it should also be a Pokemon/Zelda game blah blah....

It's got most stages/music/chars, so there :p

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it doesn't have peach, bowser or toad

hell, it has dedede in it, so you may as well call it a kirby game \o/

The game became significantly less interesting and more like a chore once I discovered RNG manipulation. I still have notepads in my closet with pages and pages full of HHLLHLHLLLHLLLHHLLLLHHHLLLLHLHLHLLL
i had a notepad document with this stuff in it, then my FE7 cart died

gave up eventually and just played FE8 :awesome:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ain't a mario game, it's a HAL Labs game

should be honoured to be in the same category as POKEMON SNAP and EARTHBOUND and POKEMON STADIUM, and to a lesser extent kirby 64

Spyro

Smash Ace
Smash bros is smash bros. It's not a Mario game, Star Fox game, Kirby game, Ect.

They added Nintendo characters later in the games development with the original smash bros. proof

The Star King

Smash Hero
@Semp you're weird

Yes. It. Does.

These ****in' kids...

It's not Punch Out where he makes a cameo. It's a HUGE part of the game. Didn't feel like saying MP2/Smash/MK/Mario Bros 3 ect.... SORRY! And I know your stupid counter argument that it should also be a Pokemon/Zelda game blah blah....

It's got most stages/music/chars, so there :p
You could have just said Mario/Smash lol. MK/MP are the Mario universe and are obviously Mario games. Smash is a crossover of a bunch of Nintendo franchises.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Smash bros is smash bros. It's not a Mario game, Star Fox game, Kirby game, Ect.

They added Nintendo characters later in the games development with the original smash bros. proof

Athough I (****ing OBV) already knew that, props for being the first one to present an actual legit good point.

Still was Mario-fied though, so the original intent isn't that important IMO :p

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nobody else wanted to bother presenting legit points because it's obvious as ****. I'm sorry.

*:troll:*

And yeah what Morino said. You're being weird.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
that's a big call

we've had a vast number of incredibly stupid debates; it'd be impossible to pick one as the most stupid

barry bonds? determinism vs. free will? is mario an anime character? the list goes on

Morin0

Smash Lord
Yea.

But more Mario-fied than anything else.

Clearly Mario game.
Oh, okay. I'm going to assume you're high
on coffee
or something.

Seriously. What you're saying makes just as much sense as saying it's a Pokemon game because you can throw Pokeballs at each other.

The Star King

Smash Hero
that's a big call

we've had a vast number of incredibly stupid debates; it'd be impossible to pick one as the most stupid

barry bonds? determinism vs. free will? is mario an anime character? the list goes on
"Is Mario an anime character" wasn't in this thread. And the focus was on your Pikachu avatar.

Just doing my job as SMASH HISTORIAN.

Prediction: TANK will refute Spyro saying all franchises have about equal representation. I will agree with him but still think that's a crackhead reason for calling Smash a Mario game. aa will make dry subtle jokes that TANK will confuse for serious posts.

Spyro

Smash Ace
that's a big call

I had no idea that this thread has had other pointless debates.

Oh, okay. I'm going to assume you're high
on coffee
or something.

Seriously. What you're saying makes just as much sense as saying it's a Pokemon game because you can throw Pokeballs at each other.
Yeah TANK has to be high right now. I hope he is cause if he is not I will proable have a hard time taking him seriously anymore.

TANK64

Smash Lord
4 chars, 2 stages.

Equal what?

Y'all can't compare with these STATS.

I did get lots of responses though, didn't I :)

And my actual post got none. Sounds like the 64 section xD (Besides SK's confusion that it)

Mostly trying to not rage @ aa's trolling, so I had to release my energy somewhere else.

Although I do think of Smash when I think of Mario games, so I like my category lol.

lol @ the Morino. +1 for the coffee reference. For a sec, I thought you were actually raging lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
4 chars, 2 stages.

Equal what?

Y'all can't compare with these STATS.

I did get lots of responses though, didn't I :)

And my actual post got none. Sounds like the 64 section xD (Besides SK's confusion that it)

Mostly trying to not rage @ aa's trolling, so I had to release my energy somewhere else.

Although I do think of Smash when I think of Mario games, so I like my category lol.

lol @ the Morino. +1 for the coffee reference. For a sec, I thought you were actually raging lol.
LOL my prediction was on point PWNED

The power of ninjaing

Check the edit of my last post

Spyro

Smash Ace
Ok mostly equal. If it was like 50% Mario stuff than yeah you could call it a Mario game, but it's not near that.

*EDIT*: None of the franchise have a huge amount of stuff over the other.

TANK64

Smash Lord
@SK, lol well it's true. Making his point INVALID.

I already pretty much said it earlier. Not much of a prediction anyways lol?

and yea, aa's trolling is too good. I now have a permanent eye twich. He counter picks me with his existence, in a way that I can't figure out how to fight back. So I just run away, and throw things.

Yeah TANK has to be high right now. I hope he is cause if he is not I will proable have a hard time taking him sirriously anymore.
Oh dear, got one. Looks like my REP is lost due to my leet categorizing skills.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yet you're the ones who keep this trivial discussion of "what-TANK-calls-a-Mario-game, and is-it-justified?" going, and don't respond to my REAL posts lmao!!!

and no, it's not the same xD

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Top Bottom