• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

B Link

Smash Lord
Especially when that currency is rigged AHAHA ...ah ****...

but yeah working early / going to school early is way better because you still have some day left when you escape from hell >_>
What do you mean? Is our dollar down again?

The Star King said:
I don't like this conversation for some reason so I'm gonna try to change it. Um... should I play Apollo Justice?
I played one of those ace attorney games and it was all TAP TAP TAP with the stylus, not that fun to me

B Link

Smash Lord
Ah, you mean currency in general. I didn't take many economics courses but basically...devalued currency = more effort to receive the same amount of goods.

Also, another reason why working in the morning is great is because (at my job only don't try this at home) I'm half asleep mostly so TIME FLIES

The Star King

Smash Hero
Depends on where you live. A lot of colleges around here take people who are drop-outs based on a mature-student clause.
Mature-student clause? lmao

I played one of those ace attorney games and it was all TAP TAP TAP with the stylus, not that fun to me
I played one of those smash games and it was all pushing buttons, not that fun to me

Seriously though that's pretty silly reasoning lol

B Link

Smash Lord
I played one of those smash games and it was all pushing buttons, not that fun to me

Seriously though that's a pretty silly reason lol
I'm gonna go along with this cuz I'm too lazy to get any work done

Once you go to college or something and learn about implied vs literal meanings you'll understand what I meant by that.

In DETAIL, most of what you'll be doing is reading a mediocre script (tapping), solving mediocre puzzles which require the most basic of mental strategies (tapping), and watching cutscenes (no tapping? THINK AGAIN, there's a big |> play sign that you need to tap to get from scene to scene).

That said, I kinda liked it in high school. I also liked TWEWY maybe 2-3 years ago.

Channighan

Smash Ace
HMMM All this homework I blew off.
(isn't hard).

Tap games suck. I understand what you're trying to do, but make use off all the buttons on your handheld/console.

Isn't that right KH2FM?

:phone:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If I'm at work at 7am, I think it sucks. But when that allows me to get off at 3pm, I think its awesome. Vice versa w coming in late but also leaving late

pretty true. used to have occasional 5:30AM basketball practices and I would be thinking "FML" from 4:30-8 but when school ended it would be like "sweet so much free time today"

Oh ok

Work is different for me though. Either way I never like going to work. The sad thing is most people would kill to have a job like mine but that's how work is for me, I'll always dislike how it 'trades' my life for currency
nice thinly veiled brag bro

Come to finance so you can start early and finish late :drshrug:
fixed. I'd say hi to thegreginator here but he's probably busy cranking out some powerpoints right now.

It's because most things you learn in school is useless info....honestly.
like grammar AMIRITE?

had to do it, sorry

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm gonna go along with this cuz I'm too lazy to get any work done

Once you go to college or something and learn about implied vs literal meanings you'll understand what I meant by that.
o **** round one goes to B Link

ballin you seem smart tell me something I can do with my life that doesn't involve math/computers

ballin4life

Smash Hero
o **** round one goes to B Link

ballin you seem smart tell me something I can do with my life that doesn't involve math/computers
uh, you're asking someone who was a math major and works as a software engineer

really though it depends on whether you mean "absolutely zero math" or "nothing more than arithmetic". You can do a lot of stuff with just arithmetic (business, marketing, etc - probably 90% of jobs require only arithmetic). And you only really need a calculator for that haha.

For absolutely zero math I guess there's writing professionally. Besides writing stories and such there's also copywriting / technical writing. Lawyering is a possibility but requires 3 extra years of school and leads into a horrible job market and you'll have no life outside of work and you'll have to live with the fact that you are a net drain on society (might also need to do math sometimes too, probably depends on the type of law you practice). Being a professor is pretty boss once you get tenure and all that but there aren't that many positions open so they are hard to get. Besides that there's more artsy stuff like being a professional artist or actor or musician (so you can hire an agent to do all the math for you).

pimp/drug dealer

do maths

those professions require lots of math - don't you guys have rap songs in australia?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't like this conversation for some reason so I'm gonna try to change it. Um... should I play Apollo Justice?
first case is great because of phoenix cameo

fourth case is great because of phoenix cameo

middle two cases are balls and are essentially solved by 'magic'

it bridges to aa5 though so play them anyway, plus the music is significantly better than JFA so it's enjoyable, i guess

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
you use magic panties to solve cases in apollo justice

why would you not play it.

also today is 9/11

ballin has exactly 911 posts in the social thread.

coincidence?

hardly.

Battlecow

Play to Win
uh, you're asking someone who was a math major and works as a software engineer

really though it depends on whether you mean "absolutely zero math" or "nothing more than arithmetic". You can do a lot of stuff with just arithmetic (business, marketing, etc - probably 90% of jobs require only arithmetic). And you only really need a calculator for that haha.

For absolutely zero math I guess there's writing professionally. Besides writing stories and such there's also copywriting / technical writing. Lawyering is a possibility but requires 3 extra years of school and leads into a horrible job market and you'll have no life outside of work and you'll have to live with the fact that you are a net drain on society (might also need to do math sometimes too, probably depends on the type of law you practice). Being a professor is pretty boss once you get tenure and all that but there aren't that many positions open so they are hard to get. Besides that there's more artsy stuff like being a professional artist or actor or musician (so you can hire an agent to do all the math for you).

those professions require lots of math - don't you guys have rap songs in australia?
I meant just arithmetic

thanks d00d

TANK64

Smash Lord
Because there might be someone in the room (who's alive) that was PERSONALLY AFFECTED by 9/11...

I make 9/11 jokes.

but not Holocaust jokes lol.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Knock knock

who's there?

9/11

9/11 who?

YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET!!!!!1!!

✈ ▌▌ ¦҉▌▌ ▄ ▌ ▄✈▌ ▄ ¦҉▌ ▄ ▄

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Knock knock

who's there?

9/11

9/11 who?

YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET!!!!!1!!

✈ ▌▌ ¦҉▌▌ ▄ ▌ ▄✈▌ ▄ ¦҉▌ ▄ ▄
Robsta makes Australia seem like a pretty decent place to live

Olikus

Smash Champion
Im giving channighan the ultimate task. Post in another thread than the social thread.

Channighan

Smash Ace
I'd post in other threads, if I participated in Melee/Brawl. I watch the stuff, but dont play it comparatively/friendly against others.

My first posts were in the Melee section so hold that.

EDIT: my other posts are in other threads too in the 64 section, but I'm not very helpful.

Top Bottom