• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
OMG, what the heck? Blue yoshi......... do you realize that you are banning yourself?...... that was in bad taste............ its just I always knew you for that line. It was bad-***.

The Star King

Smash Hero
try the ask a question thread bro

hardest game i've played is probably iwbtg...never finished it because my dedication only goes so far...
I beat Iwtbg on very hard, get at me.

Also beat boss rush mode with only 1 death (ugh was trying to beat it with 0 for a while, died from a stray bullet on Mother Brain, FFFUUUU)

ALSO beat it on medium with less than 100 deaths, and under an hour. Compared to my first-ever run through, where I had 2700 deaths and 8 hours...

Love that game.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Reduced.

Beating it with no save points is mad unrealistic.

I've gotten up to two bosses on Impossible, that's not even close to done.

There's some guy beating it on Impossible on Youtube, but I find it hard to believe.

dandan

Smash Lord
also the crashes can screw you, as with no save points, when it crash, game over.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The game's crashes are usually when you load a save game right after beating a boss on the save game, so Impossible is unlikely to crash.

@cheeseball The dude who beat it on impossible is actually Australian. Well, WADDA YA KNOW?

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
lol @ the Australian language

I know there are a ton of physics people that play smash... I wonder what the breakdown of major/occupation is within the community? physics and com sci would probably be at the top, don't you guys think?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
no...
thats just you gav.

Yeah I would think there would be a lot of science/mathematical people playing smash. I know ballin4life is a math teacher, I am interested in Math and Zod is in comsci.

I doubt any really artsy people play smash.

dandan

Smash Lord
it depends, i would say a major part of the community, at least in the us (i think the average european players' age is higher), are younglings. maybe they are interested in cs or math, but it is hard to say they are really learning this field/occupied in it (of course there are exceptions).
i do however believe, that from the smashers of uni age or older, most are into cs or math (including myself).

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, I'm still a "youngling" in High School, but I'm like 95% sure I'm going into Computer Science or something similar.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Korrupshen said:
Name the hardest video game you've played ? (no nes games)
Probably Touhou 8, or any of the touhous.

try playing that game on Lunatic, i dare you.

****ing Extra boss man.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I said "F-it" to being a programmer.
Taught ballroom for a few years.
Now I'm a drinking student with a fashion problem.
Fairly artsy, I think.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I doubt any really artsy people play smash.
I quit years ago but I used to be somewhat of an artist. Not a big art freak, but I did draw a whole lot and was decent at it. I'm in to Writing and Sound Design now which can relate to art. Got to start back up drawing again for visual character and object design in a story I want to write.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah I am not university level either, but I will be in one more year.

I meant like people who are extremely artistic or are professional artists.

I myself am very theatrical and I participate in all the musical and plays at my school. I am a pretty good singer too. I just dont really classify myself at really artistic because I prefer math to most other subjects.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
That would be me and I stated that no really artsy people played smash (as in professional artists etc.) I apologize If I made a baseless statement

The Star King

Smash Hero
Artsy people appreciate videogames more than anyone. What is this tomfoolery! Especially visual artists, musicians, etc. that work IN videogame design...
Yes, but do many of them play smash competitively?

I would laugh if kuzinator was on American Idol.

I personally USED to be a pretty good singer before puberty ****ed up my voice, ah well.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
i suck at math and never understood how anyone could be good at it, i guess some ppl are just good at stuff like that

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Nice!
I heard Windows 7 was your idea.
The rumours are grossly exaggerated. Weird thing is, I heard the same thing about you. Someone's spreading misinformation and slandering us both.

:bee: Nah actually Windows 7 is pretty good

I personally USED to be a pretty good singer before puberty ****ed up my voice, ah well.
In that case, you and Justin Bieber can reminisce together about how that happened

The Star King

Smash Hero
Math has always been really easy for me, but the ease at which you understand math is mostly inherited genetically. Math is a good testament to how logical of an individual you are.

dandan

Smash Lord
Math has always been really easy for me, but the ease at which you understand math is mostly inherited genetically. Math is a good testament to how logical of an individual you are.
are we talking about high school math or advanced math.
discrete math and logic is extremely ****ed up :S
calculus and linear algebra are pretty much ok though.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I actually really like discrete math and logic, while calculus is giving me some trouble, but not too much.

Everyone has told me linear algebra is a nightmare.

@ Soup tl;dr

However, I did see your first point was "1. Air-dodging was the dumbest idea ever."

I did not have to read any farther to predict the types of responses you would get. It is ok if you argue that stuff here as most, if not all of us, would agree with you. However doing it in the general brawl discussion was not the best place to post any type of brawl attack.

Imagine if a brawl player came into our section and started making a case for why z canceling is "the dumbest idea ever." I would have fun refuting that guy.

PS for everyone interested in me being in American Idol, just wait. Its coming.

On an unrelated note I am going to be in a Provident Bank commercial airing soon on national tv, look for me ^.^

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I just thought perhaps they could accept an opnion and discuss it, not blow it out of proportion and consider it an attack.

also, if some guy said "z-canceling is the dumbest idea ever" on smash64 he really doesn't understand smash64 well.

Top Bottom