• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros. 64 3-Day Spring Break Marathon

Hey guys, I am going to make a video on youtube called 3-Day Spring Break SSB64 Marathon, and am going to attempt a World Record for Guinness Book of World Records Gamers Edition 2012. Here is a list of what I am doing:

Day 1
12:00 AM Get out of bed, play Smash Bros. Board the Platforms
6:00 AM Play Target Test
12:00 PM-Day 2 Play Training Mode

Day 2
12:00 AM Play Classic
12:00 PM Play Training Again

Day 3
All Day
Play SSB64 Ultimania Smash

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
oh this guy again

im confused, he's not trying as hard to troll as before...

The Star King

Smash Hero
Thought the Guinness World Records Gamers Edition doesn't accept marathons, because of health issues?

The Star King

Smash Hero
"Four members of the popular gaming magazine, Game Informer, have joined forces to earn their spot in the next Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition. At 9 AM on March 19th, Dan Ryckert, Tim Turi, Ben Reeves and Jeff Cork will gather in the Game Informer’s offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, and settle in for over 24 hours of Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Nintendo Wii.

The current record is 26 hours and 27 minutes, set almost exactly one year ago on March 21, 2010 by four Pennsylvania State University students, who played Super Smash Brothers on the N64. "

Over 24 hours of Barwl? Oh god.

Was kind of surprised that the current record is Smash64.

@AA This is for fighting games, so... I don't even want to know what the record is for an MMORPG.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
the current record is only 26 hours and one person playing at all times o.o

thought it'd be something more ridiculous
Only a day and a bit???

Dude, who wants to smash their record with me?! Oh it'll be ever so fun, we could have things like a 10 stock (or more!) 12 character battle, bombs & mines only matches, pokeball only matches, Money Matches and many other shenanigan's.

Getting a World Record is on my bucket list and I think this would be the best record EVER.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@AA This is for fighting games, so... I don't even want to know what the record is for an MMORPG.
a few years ago when i was addicted to WoW i'd often play ~14 hours straight (in summer, obviously) with maybe 10 mins total bathroom breaks

i wasnt even hardcore or trying, it just sort of....happened

Peek~

Smash Lord
Yay new matches

Bit disappointed at the lack of good characters used though

Also why do console players always tech in place? I swear every console match they always do this, rarely mixing it up

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I'm back.

Sup! I DON'T RAGE QUIT! I AM BACK TO BRING THE PAIN!

Darth Fox general here, post all information regarding Darth Fox in this thread. Darth Fox is coming back, soon.

Discuss.

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
resigning

hey folks, unfortunately i won't be playing super smash bros. online anymore as my internet has been recently downgraded and i constantly lag while playing online.

I'm currently in 2 tournaments (indignation and ranked #2) so I forfeit my matches from those.

it was nice playing you all :p

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
LOL, did you know that 4 people went 66 hours, but this is 1 person, 72 HRS. to anyone who thinks that the GWRGE Book does not allow those.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
What is the best recording software for online play, so far I have been using camstudio, but I wish to know the other options.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
fraps is pretty good but some comps dislike it and it hates my copy of 7

hypercam is lightweight if your comp is bad

you are recording a replay, not as you play online, right?

Battlecow

Play to Win
So guess who was subscribed to B-rex's people's channel BEFORE he played Isai? Yeah, that's right, the undisputed champion of youtube ssb64 commenting, BATTLECOW.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Just played some guy called Ascendancy who was pretty good, couldn't do much at 6 frames vs his 2 frames but still was fun to play. I just hope he is not someone else's "alternate" kaillera name because that would make me real mad and I would have to make an angry face like this: >: (

NixxxoN

Smash Master
New Japanese flag

DMoogle EDIT: Removed problematic image.

Yea i know, its so mean, but this is internet

I hope they recover soon

Top Bottom