• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOnt say f-r-i-d-a-y LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL dont say par-t-y o anything related to that, it will show what my above post show XDDD

lOl at this theme, i love it

Peek~

Smash Lord
Word filters?

smashboards
seat
friday
sunday
penis
monday
skin
ugly
april fools
tuesday
thursday
christmas
spell
horrible
song

ballin4life

Smash Hero
practicing z cancelling for a week is that hard
Uh, some people are busy. They would like to skip to playing the actual game rather than having to put in a bunch of practice at monotonous things before they can even begin to really learn how to play.

who said they need to z-cancel when getting started at this game?
Anyone who plays me and doesn't z cancel seems to quit pretty quickly.

DMoogle

A$
Word filters?

smashboards
seat
friday
sunday
penis
monday
skin
ugly
april fools
tuesday
thursday
christmas
spell
horrible
song
Translation:
smashboards
seat
friday
sunday
penis
monday
skin
ugly
april fools
tuesday
thursday
christmas
spell
horrible
song

EDIT: I guess not all of those are filtered.
Also, friday.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Actually by decent, I meant people who knew how to upb after having jumped and knew how to s-m-a-s-h (stupid 1st of april). That kind of things. As I obviously don't expect z-cancelling players.

And training someone is so long =/. I've been training my brother a bit so he can do basic combos with f-alcon, but he's still not quite in my level. Best thing would be to initiate someone to online I guess.

PS: the s-mash index is really not serious today.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I also went to see the tier list thread, unfortunately there is no space between the name of the characters and the number =(. Like 1)Pikachu, 2)Fox and so on.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
New members will find these posts one day and think wtf were these people smoking that day?

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you post the quote, we see the weird things again, but if you just click quote then read them you'll see.

Testing: friday

Edit: looks like blue y-oshi is excluded lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Using mod powers, I pressed "edit" on Sangoku's post, and where he has the "IT'S FRIDAY etc." message, he simply posted "friday". So... that said, I, for some reason, don't have the friday thing.

However, I did notice that in my name, it changed that, so it seems different people have different text changes.

Blue Yoshi (B-l-u-e- -Y-o-s-h-i)

Edit: Wait, now it's working :)

well... time to do what I wanted to do in the first place...

===========================================

friday

edit... ugh... when I post (assuming it's going to work now) " friday " alone, it seems to do nothing, but if I include it in a sentence like I am doing now, it seems to be working.

Yoshi

Blue Yoshi

edit: yeah, putting the word alone doesn't change it, but if the word is with another word in the paragraph, it works.

Friday

a Friday (hope it works)

Anyways, my post is long enough as it is...

Sangoku

Smash Master
I think this tier list of friday should have fox and kirby in the same tier as the matchup isn't so bad. Also samus bair is better than link's on final destination during tournament.

We can make nice combination. Tomorrow these posts will be meaningless though.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
NO! I work in half an hour and come back when everything is back to normal!

Must do this then:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
DK
Captain Falcon
Ganon
Ganondorf
Falco
Fox
Ness
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Samus
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Young Link
Pichu
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Ike
King Dedede
DDD
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
MK
Olimar
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
ROB
R.O.B.
Snake
Sonic
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus
ZSS

Just out of curiosity...

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
So I live in Upper Peninsula Michigan, been playing smash for a long time, went to my fair share of Melee tournaments around the midwest from 04 to 07, etc, never got all that good, just went to events mostly for fun.

Sadly, there is no competition up here in 64 or in Melee, although I am hopeful, having picked up a small handfull of nubs who actually want to play as much as I do, but I'm just wondering before I download all the stuff I need, how big is the online community for SSB64? Do you guys play a lot? I'll probably end up using an xbox 360 controller, unless I can figure out something better.

Hope to play with you guys soon. I'm not a total scrub, I can Z cancel about 95% of everything, and I'm not a lame camper or anything. Still looking forward to getting my *** handed to me by some people far more serious about the game than I am.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
DK
Captain Falcon
Ganon
Ganondorf
Falco
Fox
Ness
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Samus
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Young Link
Pichu
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Ike
King Dedede
DDD
Lucario
Lucas
Meta Knight
MK
Olimar
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
ROB
R.O.B.
Snake
Sonic
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus
ZSS
Smashboards
I like Smash Bros.

Nothing's happening. I don't know what the **** you guys are talking about.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
So I live in Upper Peninsula Michigan, been playing smash for a long time, went to my fair share of Melee tournaments around the midwest from 04 to 07, etc, never got all that good, just went to events mostly for fun.

Sadly, there is no competition up here in 64 or in Melee, although I am hopeful, having picked up a small handfull of nubs who actually want to play as much as I do, but I'm just wondering before I download all the stuff I need, how big is the online community for SSB64? Do you guys play a lot? I'll probably end up using an xbox 360 controller, unless I can figure out something better.

Hope to play with you guys soon. I'm not a total scrub, I can Z cancel about 95% of everything, and I'm not a lame camper or anything. Still looking forward to getting my *** handed to me by some people far more serious about the game than I am.
the online community used to be bigger but alot of people left when brawl came out. There are usually around 60 people online on a good night.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've missed April Fool's day shenanigans on Smashboards every time (although I can still see the Friday skin). This is an OUTRAGE.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if you want an example, i saved a couple of the modified FAQs in the smash index (the very bottom)

dunno if collapsing works at the moment, it didn't last night

Battlecow

Play to Win

Hey bro, always nice to see a new face-

If you get your **** working, you should have a good online experience because you're relatively close to Chicago, where the server is, so you'll have very little "delay." The way the community is now, it's pretty small and cozy, but any time you log on in the evening/afternoon you'll be able to find a game with someone reasonable within a few minutes. Mornings can get pretty patchy but even then there's usually someone of some sort on for you to smash with. Tournaments happen online once every few weeks and are, by most accounts, great fun. Xbox 360 is fine, but you can use an N64 controller online if you want; an adapter will cost like $15. Look forward to playing you!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
FWF is gone, but the printscreens shall live on in my harddrive forever. Unless y'know, my harddrive breaks or something.

Sexy avatar Peek, but I am ashamed to say I do not recognise her. My best guess is Marisa Kirisame?

Battlecow

Play to Win
So yeah this was a post but then I made it its own thread maybe that was a good idea OR NOT oh well how about that smash bros. I really like cake Vanilla is my favorite flavor.

Top Bottom