• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Extreme Rules results were a massive let-down for me. I wanted Miz to retain/Morrison to win and ADR to win. Oh well.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Extreme Rules results were a massive let-down for me. I wanted Miz to retain/Morrison to win and ADR to win. Oh well.
All results were the opposite of what I wanted. Almost all matches were pretty great though

Also how did Miz not die after that Brainbuster from the top of the cage. That was a very scary moment

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Osama Bin Laden death changes nothing actually... Al Qaeda still exists.

And if it exists is mainly thanks to America... take note, battlecow! :awesome:

TANK64

Smash Lord
Damn haven't played smash/been on the internet in a few days.
Feels like a year lol. In OTHER recent news, I just got a new system in my car.
and now- to the beach!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Watch his combo vids and then look at his real matches. It's obviously fake. Not that I care, I mean, whatever floats his boat, but we're not stupid.
implying that real match combos are the same as training mode combos.
things are pretty different when your opponent doesn't move and you can restart extremely easily.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
OK, my country may be full of stupid people, but holy crap this is so wrong it's not even funny.

Sigh, in before another debate is started that I'm not going to read.
Bin Laden worked for America, and America was involved in the creation of Al Qaeda, during the Soviet Union war at the Afghanistan zone, fact.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OK, my country may be full of stupid people, but holy crap this is so wrong it's not even funny.

Sigh, in before another debate is started that I'm not going to read.
Eh, it's actually truer then you'd think though I doubt in the way he means it.

The fact is prior to Clinton's rhetoric, Osama was a small fry in the terrorism world. By our rhetoric we gave him clout and allowed him to recruit a substantial organization.

Of course we're not responsible for the existence of Al Qeada, they're actually not really interested in us, except for the fact that we don't want Spain, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the other "apostate regimes" being destroyed and their territory becoming part of a new caliphate. If we didn't openly work against their interests, Al Qeada wouldn't care about us, but their interests are untenable on many levels.

Bin Laden worked for America, and America was involved in the creation of Al Qaeda, during the Soviet Union war at the Afghanistan zone, fact.
Oh, there's that too, America has a bad record with picking allies against current major problems. We have a tendency to support our next major problem.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Bin Laden worked for America...
no. we supplied weapons and training to the anti-soviet movement, but bin laden never worked directly for the US.

...and America was involved in the creation of Al Qaeda...
no. al qaeda was created in 1988, and by this time we had stopped serious involvement with afghanistan. we never directly meddled in the creation of al qaeda; we did help organize the afghan services bureau, but that is not the same thing as al qaeda.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Of course we're not responsible for the existence of Al Qeada, they're actually not really interested in us, except for the fact that we don't want Spain, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the other "apostate regimes" being destroyed and their territory becoming part of a new caliphate. If we didn't openly work against their interests, Al Qeada wouldn't care about us, but their interests are untenable on many levels.
Wtf does spain have to do with all of this? :facepalm:

Ocean said:
no. we supplied weapons and training to the anti-soviet movement, but bin laden never worked directly for the US.
no. al qaeda was created in 1988, and by this time we had stopped serious involvement with afghanistan. we never directly meddled in the creation of al qaeda; we did help organize the afghan services bureau, but that is not the same thing as al qaeda.
Dont try to minimise the facts, Bin Laden worked DIRECTLY for the CIA. And of course you guys didnt directly create Al-Qaeda, but helped a lot for it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wtf does spain have to do with all of this? :facepalm:
History of course. Spain was once Islamic territory prior to the reconcista, once territory becomes Muslim it can never go back according to the philosophy endorsed by Al Qeada. That's essentially at the root of all of this, the fact that some territories that were once Islamic aren't (Spain, Isreal) and that Islamic areas aren't ruled by the caliphate. Technically the religious government of Iran could qualify, except that Al Qeada is Sunni and Iran is Shi'ite which as far as they're concerned makes them as much an apostate as Saudi Arabia which is ruled by a secular government.

Basically America is irrelevant to their actual goals, they don't hate our freedom or really care much about us. The only real issue they have with us is the fact that we oppose them on achieving their goals.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dont try to minimise the facts, Bin Laden worked DIRECTLY for the CIA. And of course you guys didnt directly create Al-Qaeda, but helped a lot for it.
Helping =/= creating. Your original claim was that it exists mainly due to the US.

Yes, the US funded it, and yes, the irony is there. But you're blowing it out of proportion.

...anyways, am I the only one who thinks people are making Bin Laden's death a bigger deal than it actually is? When the (probably drunk) people in the streets were telling the news reporters that this is the best day in American history or w/e, I really had to roll my eyes. Of course, that's not a good representation of public response, but people are still acting like it's 100% a good day for the US, when it could possibly only escalate the violence.

inb4 battlecow tells me how it SYMBOLIZES the POWER of GLORIOUS AMERICA

sup wit da coolbeans job?

is it robbing jewelry stores?
Speaking of which, I kind of want to respond to that thread, and I'm annoyed that I can't.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Currently working on shield data with Sangoku, and noticed that Luigi's up-B comes out on frame 2, not frame 3 as shown in AntD's attack start-up chart:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...Dq-Ok7npcDJWY1pTNllEWEZaQnFOSE56ZTNvVXc&gid=2

It is possible that other values may be off by one as well. I believe the mistake was done by him including the input frame (which would result in a 3 frame Luigi up-B... but also a 2 frame rest).

Just something I noticed that I thought you guys should know. If I feel like it after the shield data, I'll go through his chart and check over his other results. Well, now that I can TAS, might as well, right? :p

NixxxoN

Smash Master
History of course. Spain was once Islamic territory prior to the reconcista, once territory becomes Muslim it can never go back according to the philosophy endorsed by Al Qeada. That's essentially at the root of all of this, the fact that some territories that were once Islamic aren't (Spain, Isreal) and that Islamic areas aren't ruled by the caliphate. Technically the religious government of Iran could qualify, except that Al Qeada is Sunni and Iran is Shi'ite which as far as they're concerned makes them as much an apostate as Saudi Arabia which is ruled by a secular government.

Basically America is irrelevant to their actual goals, they don't hate our freedom or really care much about us. The only real issue they have with us is the fact that we oppose them on achieving their goals.
LOL

The reconquista was many centuries ago, bringing it back is so bull*** its not even funny. This is not about Al-Qaeda, its about the **** religion. Not only Spain, but several other European countries have many muslim immigrants. Most of muslims Love it so much that they apparently will never ever abandon it, but i think they need more time to see the light. Several young muslim people that I know dont care that much already about it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Nixxxon is so dumb so consistently that I would overdignify his arguments if I deigned to respond to them.

Yeah, there might be "repercussions," but it's not like those *******s weren't trying their hardest to hurt us already. Bin Laden was still actively involved in planning for Al-Qaeda at the highest level, so it's at least a little significant, and symbolically it's very nice that justice was done. So no, not our very finest moment, but it was ****ing cool and it's a chance for us to show some national spirit.

Peek~

Smash Lord
HEY Luminous Orange is pretty cool. I mainly listened to them for their older shoegaze rock style but their faster/harder paced is still appealing, reminds me a bit of Motfd, who I also like. Though I think they are even harder than Luminous Orange as they have that Pop+Post-Hardcore style.
I was going to use one of their songs for my Ness video too :3

Dont have a favorite LO song but I love everything on luminousorangesuperplastic the most

sharksquail

Smash Ace
HEY Luminous Orange is pretty cool. I mainly listened to them for their older shoegaze rock style but their faster/harder paced is still appealing, reminds me a bit of Motfd, who I also like. Though I think they are even harder than Luminous Orange as they have that Pop+Post-Hardcore style.
I was going to use one of their songs for my Ness video too :3

Dont have a favorite LO song but I love everything on luminousorangesuperplastic the most
I thought this song was really cool. I heard it on the Japanese radio show i listen to. haven't found any other stuff by them that i like nearly as much yet, but that might just be that i'm not to into shoegaze. Deff gonna keep looking though, seems like there might be some promising stuff lurking around in their catalog.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Nixxxon is so dumb so consistently that I would overdignify his arguments if I deigned to respond to them.

Yeah, there might be "repercussions," but it's not like those *******s weren't trying their hardest to hurt us already. Bin Laden was still actively involved in planning for Al-Qaeda at the highest level, so it's at least a little significant, and symbolically it's very nice that justice was done. So no, not our very finest moment, but it was ****ing cool and it's a chance for us to show some national spirit.
U MAD?

you are calling me "dumb" shows how ittle arguments you have.
Can you answer WHY in the first place they "tried their hardest to hurt america"? And why specifically america and not other countries?

B Link

Smash Lord
So my favorite mario party 5 mini-game got TAS'ed recently: leaf leap. Max score is now 180. I played it for hours when I was a kid and got 177 a few years ago. I thought that was the max score.

It's pretty funny that its only one leaf higher than what I could do on console. It always bothered me whether there was anything higher than the moon >_> I still can't believe its the max score because I didn't think I was so accurate that I only missed it by one leaf but then again one leaf jump is like half a second which is like 30 frames difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjw6QTIKJzE&feature=related

edit: I just realized that its 30 seconds per game and 60 leaves x 3 yards = 180 yards...it really is half a second per leaf. (60 leaves / 30 seconds). Probably was meant to be that way.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Now that the Chrome browser has full support for extensions it has become my new main browser, Adblock ftw.

Can you answer WHY in the first place they "tried their hardest to hurt america"? And why specifically america and not other countries?
Because America's government is awesome!
at picking up fights and making other countries mad, that is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
LOL

The reconquista was many centuries ago, bringing it back is so bull*** its not even funny. This is not about Al-Qaeda, its about the **** religion. Not only Spain, but several other European countries have many muslim immigrants. Most of muslims Love it so much that they apparently will never ever abandon it, but i think they need more time to see the light. Several young muslim people that I know dont care that much already about it.
So what if it was centuries ago, fanatics have a long memory. Granted, it's a long-term goal with middle-eastern countries being a short-term goal, but to understand them you need to understand their motivations including their long term goals. Al Qaeda and other organizations with a similar fanatic bent will not back down till all muslim/former muslim lands have become part of a global caliphate.

The issue isn't the religion itself, it's religious fanaticism, and religious fanaticism still exists in first world nations, america still has plenty of it.

U MAD?

you are calling me "dumb" shows how ittle arguments you have.
Cause America is shielding Isreal and Saudi Arabia.

Duh.

I mean, America has never been particularly good at not ticking people off with our foreign policy, but that's why Islamist fanatics are ticked off at us in general.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
So my favorite mario party 5 mini-game got TAS'ed recently: leaf leap. Max score is now 180. I played it for hours when I was a kid and got 177 a few years ago. I thought that was the max score.
I'm also finding that odd, since I don't even own the game and generally get 16X+ every time

I suppose that it makes sense, since it's basic math.

I want to see the chain chomp whistle game get TAS'd (the one where you navigate a playground, not the chicken one).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i like this song, among many others http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcCuS3AQFc

ROLF:rotfl: @ political/social debates

Please tell me at least a few people on here have seen/heard about The Zeitgeist Movement...
Zeitgeist Movie Site
YouTube Zeitgeist-2nd + 3rd movies and more

I uploaded some new videos to my youtube of some stuff

Video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3ew0c5FO0&feature=channel_video_title

This is of a Witch in real life for all you L4D fans out there.

and Video 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRlNgFHY3iw&feature=channel_video_title
this is of some players playing a DDR game and they seem to be doing really well.
hey, i play itg for fun, it's awesome:awesome:. u can make and play your own music/stepcharts with stepmania and a usb drive.:reverse:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I saw the first two Zeitgeist movies a long time ago along with "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" amongst others. I don't necessarily agree with their stance and their portrayal of some things but their stuff is worth checking out to have a broader perspective on things.

Sangoku

Smash Master
So I played melee with randoms of my uni. Some beat me, but knowing i've been playing for a few weeks it's already not that bad. None of them knew advance techs. Unfortunately they don't seem to be playing 64. Would have ***** all of them otherwise.

:phone:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So what if it was centuries ago, fanatics have a long memory. Granted, it's a long-term goal with middle-eastern countries being a short-term goal, but to understand them you need to understand their motivations including their long term goals. Al Qaeda and other organizations with a similar fanatic bent will not back down till all muslim/former muslim lands have become part of a global caliphate.

The issue isn't the religion itself, it's religious fanaticism, and religious fanaticism still exists in first world nations, america still has plenty of it.

Cause America is shielding Isreal and Saudi Arabia.

Duh.

I mean, America has never been particularly good at not ticking people off with our foreign policy, but that's why Islamist fanatics are ticked off at us in general.
I wish sometimes the world was all BUDDHIST! Teh world would be much better.

Buddhism > Christianism, Islam

The problem is, America's foreign policy consists on:
1) Benefit
2) Money
3) We piss off other countries? Who cares... Other countries, U MAD?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
hey, i play itg for fun, it's awesome:awesome:. u can make and play your own music/stepcharts with stepmania and a usb drive.:reverse:
I played ITG yesterday. I really missed playing this game haha.

Right now I'm trying to get my stamina back to what it was before(doing 13s), at the moment I can do 12s sort of again.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I wish sometimes the world was all BUDDHIST! Teh world would be much better.

Buddhism > Christianism, Islam

The problem is, America's foreign policy consists on:
1) Benefit
2) Money
3) We piss off other countries? Who cares... Other countries, U MAD?
I disagree, I like my +10% production modifier and +10% national tax modifier, buddhism gets -20% national tax modifier and all i get in return is +2 tolerance of heritics.

No but seriously the majority of issues with christianity and islam come from their practitioners as opposed to the religion itself.

Also, given their goals, in this case it's understandable that America pissed them off.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Buddhism is honestly the only "religion" I would convert to. And I use quotation marks as Buddhism is more of a spirituality than an actual religion, due to them not believing in a deity.

Battlecow

Play to Win
When you have someone ignored, it's really hard not to look at their posts just to see what everyone else is laughing at.

From what I saw in quotes, it must have been quite a post.

B Link

Smash Lord
Looks like I'll be able to get a couple n64 controllers for $8 each soon...he says the sticks "work great." I'm skeptical because of the low price lol.

Top Bottom