• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Tbh I only made it through the first episode after torrenting the first season. I liked the look of the girls and the transformation sequences but it just doesn't compare to the original.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Tbh I only made it through the first episode after torrenting the first season.
Dont do that anymore

Thats like only listening to 30 seconds of a song and hating it(not counting mainstream/obviously horrible stuff)

Professor :3

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know anyone who uses ps3 controller to play online?

also, what's the best adapter for the ps2?
yeah I use ps3 controller to play online, you just use the usb cord you get with it and download some drivers for it then it works

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Dont do that anymore

Thats like only listening to 30 seconds of a song and hating it(not counting mainstream/obviously horrible stuff)
Eh, I'll certainly give it another chance one day in the holidays. I also have to start watching my 37GB complete collection of Sailor Moon X3

But first Hanasaku Iroha.

and this is why you watch panty stocking + garterbelt

kthx

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
Hanasaku Iroha.
This show needs more rep.

This could be counted as spam, but if more people watch this show I'll gladly take the warning/infraction. Moderators should watch it too, for that matter.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Eh, I'll certainly give it another chance one day in the holidays. I also have to start watching my 37GB complete collection of Sailor Moon X3
I just got this for myself my little sister. Sooo much Sailor Moon! But I got it on DVD (we're old fashioned) with a episode guide/char info book that is like a novel.

Always said there should be a Sailor Moon char in smash.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I was born on mothers day, luckily my birthday only falls on mothers day every couple of years. having birthdays on holidays is lame.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I just got this for myself my little sister. Sooo much Sailor Moon! But I got it on DVD (we're old fashioned) with a episode guide/char info book that is like a novel.

Always said there should be a Sailor Moon char in smash.
Nice! I wish I had someone in my family/friends I could watch that sort of stuff with.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Just think how much fun it'll be once you become a mother, though.
I lol'd.

I care more about mother's day than most holidays.
probably because most are tied to religion.

The Star King

Smash Hero
3/4 of my immediate family is agnostic/atheist, and we still celebrate Christmas and Easter lol

Anyways, today I discovered that the top of the Saffron City "box" is a bit more slippery than most surfaces. Did anybody else know about this? You can do stuff like pivot taunt cancels way more easily, although you have to do it a bit further away from the edge than usual.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
does anyone know anyone who uses ps3 controller to play online?
I have experience with both so I'll answer with what I know.

PS3 Wired (mini usb to usb) and Wireless (bluetooth):
32-bit driver installer for 32-bit windows
64-bit driver installer for 64-bit windows

Install Instructions Wiki page

PS3 DRIVER SOURCE PAGE

also, what's the best adapter for the ps2?
(I assume you meant an adapter for PS2-to-PC)
PS2 adapter: I have had sucess with and would use a PS2-to-PS3 adapter that can be found HERE

I can confirm that this works, as its the one I own; though I can't vouch for the others on the site.

I believe that dealextreme.com is a very reliable site to buy from, I have made probably 20+ purchases from it within the past 4 years, no broken or missing items, ever.

Shipping and tax are included in all prices shown, which is an AWESOME plus. Only downside to ordering from there is that shipments take 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Hope this helped.

Thino

Smash Master
My PS3 controller driver is back to working with this new motioninjoy version, time to get my rusty hands back to this game

especially since PSN is down

Sangoku

Smash Master
Best for me was earth day or something. When you put your arrow on some element of the landscape there would be some silly animation like a jumping fish or a bear coming out.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Seems like a lot of work, and once you p2p you feel obliged to play the same person forever usually. Plus I always get awful delay on p2p. (*shudders at thought of 3 frames*)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
FYI everyone, Battlecow is doing WORK in the Proving Grounds thread about My Little Pony.

Sample:

I think that I died suddenly, and that an angry god condemned me for my many and heinous sins to a hell wherein every person I debate with uses the exact same idiotic tragically flawed logic.
Bravo, sir; either you managed to string together several grammatically flawless sentences while possessing an I.Q. lower than that of the average staple, or you are the greatest troll in the history of this thread.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The MLP thread amuses me.

I figured I'd only hurt my position as Battlecow sees me as gay so I'm staying out of it. >.>

asianaussie

Smash Hero
battlecow's train of thought on people

> is he american?
> yes: he is amazing and everything about him is amazing unless i somehow disapprove and im always right because im american
> no: you're a damn filthy commie who is probably also a flamboyantly homosexual and peace-hating vegan who shoots capitalists for a living from his slave-built lodge in north korea

Sangoku

Smash Master
Concerning p2p, it's true that you might have more delay if you have 1 or 2 frames on server, but for most people it's a gain. However the matches are more fair, which is good. Can you say you're better than player X if he's playing at 5 frames against you with 1 frame?
There are also less ds and server lagouts (don't know if it happens a lot in Galaxy, but it sometimes does on ****ty euro servers). And of course in Europe we used to have random noobs crashing running games on server.
Finally it's not that hard to set up, there is some nice guides about how to port forward everywhere.
Concerning the only playing the same players part, it might be true, but it's the case anyway in Europe since we're like what 10 players in all?

Oh and by the way I think I'm quitting this game for some times since I always lag. I'll try not to play online anymore :). I'll still be lurking in this forum and playing offline with my brother though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not sure how an argument about the femininity of gay men arose from a thread about a TV show, but skimming over the thread, it looks like Battlecow is claiming that a large portion of the fanbase is gay.

I'm not going to go into the argument of whether gay stereotypes are true or not, but maybe people aren't just watching it for its feminine appeal, but for other reasons. Like I said, I have a friend who claims it's legitimately good. If that's true, should you avoid watching it just because the show is feminine? Seems kind of silly to me.

Kind of cringed when Battlecow said in the beginning of the thread that the show's popularity indicates a rising number of homosexuals. Really?

Could post this in the actual thread, but I don't feel like it. Wut.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Me, fays and dandan are working on setting up a new european server which only allows smash. Stay tuned for great success. =D

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
While checking the poll for gameFAQs i seen an odd AD that made me laugh.

It's a close up of an old mans face, and it grows nose hair very fast, then text comes up "Geezer your self out!!"

wtf? xD

Didn't click it either way just seemed comical...kids these days

Top Bottom