• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yeah but what determines good Box Office numbers, public impressions.

Zack353

Smash Ace
yeah cause we all know oscars and most mainstream awards ceremonies for film aren't biased in the slightest

when it comes down to it theyre obviously both great series, so its really just preference

M!nt

Smash Champion
Acually I don't know if I've even tasted a cucumber before. Do they taste like pickles?

Battlecow

Play to Win
They are both great, and it does come down to preference

I think LOTR is in a whole 'nother category though

It's like

I love Mrs. Dalloway

But you can't really compare it to The Sun Also Rises

Like, Melee is a great game

But that doesn't mean 64 isn't objectively better

TANK64

Smash Lord
More hyped for the Hobbit than Batman actually lol. Although looking forward to both.

and dammit, Malva beat me to putting the Christmas hat on his avatar. Now I'm gonna look like a copy cat :mad:

TANK64

Smash Lord
Great idea Sheer, and yea cflmelee is amazing and I'm sure this is gonna work great too (even for console players :p ) Few things:

1) super cool since It's way more convenient than the msn thing.
2) now everyone can see my Facebook even if it's on "Friend of Friends," and don't want to put in on private :urg: .
3) My mysterious existence will be... less mysterious due to #2.

kys

Smash Ace
I'm kinda worried about the Hobbit. There's too many animals talking/kiddy stuff that it might be too silly, not to mention Peter Jackson going off the deep end with his own changes (just like he screwed up Bombadil and the whole Faramir storyline).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm kinda worried about the Hobbit. There's too many animals talking/kiddy stuff that it might be too silly, not to mention Peter Jackson going off the deep end with his own changes (just like he screwed up Bombadil and the whole Faramir storyline).
Peter Jackson "going off the deep end" turned those crappy books into pretty good movies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
At first I was like "Oh hey that ballin' is a pretty humorous fellow."

But then I remembered that you're the guy who reveres the white fox chronicles above all other literature and respects Barry Bonds as an athlete

Please tell me you're joking is what I'm getting at here.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I don't like Ginger beer really, but pickle juice as an alcohol chaser is unreal, completely neutralizes any alcohol aftertaste immediately ..

And I'm late on this but had a revelation for our class couple's new smashboards names, one that not only cements there bromance, but also keeps a star in there:
Star king would become 'STARsky'
And battlecow would be his 'HUTCH'

:phone:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
At first I was like "Oh hey that ballin' is a pretty humorous fellow."

But then I remembered that you're the guy who reveres the white fox chronicles above all other literature and respects Barry Bonds as an athlete

Please tell me you're joking is what I'm getting at here.
LOL great reference with the white fox chronicles.

i don't actually really know how good the white fox chronicles is since I haven't read the book in like 10 years, but props for remembering that.

anyway you know I like aSoIaF.

also Bonds is objectively the greatest baseball player ever. 6 seasons with 10+ WAR. Also the 2004 .600+ OBS is ungodly.

I don't even know how to respond
well, maybe all the good parts happened after the ents finished talking. but i never made it that far.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yeah I seen that awhile ago, didn't know about the ness-fox thing.

TANK64

Smash Lord
yea this got posted on my wall like a week ago (mind you by someone who doesn't play), but yea I think that video just increased the people who have seen the glitches by 10x so I'm cool with it. Besides, the general public can handle rolling and pressing upB, but aren't ever gonna pull off drop canceling (know you weren't THAT serious but yea).

In other news, hot cocoa is F'in amazing!

Top Bottom