• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You can tech chase any char with Yoshi fairly well. Yoshi's horizontal air speed is quite good, combine that with the speed of DJC'ing and Yoshi is a tech chase monster.

As for approaching Falcon with Yoshi..

A lot of Falcons like to play defensive as hell and just dash back then grab when you approach. It threw me off for a long time. It still does if I haven't played the match up in a long time.

Just approach to where they're going to dash back to. Like on dreamland most defensive Falcons will just keep dashing back until they reach the ledge. In this case just plan your approach so you're going to DJC aerial them on the very side of the stage.

DJC'ed neutral b works well vs defensive players too. Maximize your DJC horizontal movement. That plus neutral b range will be enough to catch those annoying dash back defensive players, and they won't expect it 99% of the time.

The Star King

Smash Hero

TANK64

Smash Lord
I was just about to post exactly what Sheer and SK posted but too lazy to sign in lol.

Yea. DJC make like all of Yoshi's moves good for techchasing. Figured this out from Sheer lol.

and damn you SK for taking all of my fun!!!!! >_______>

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know any cheat on PJ64 that allows the computer in training mode to put his shield up, and a cheat that doesn't let the shield go down unless its comes in contact with a hitbox. I wanna practice more on eating shields with Yoshi. :3

B Link

Smash Lord
I know how to get the shield up but I dunno how to make it go down after 1 hit

Just practicing it during matches is the best way to improve from my experience.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Anyone know any cheat on PJ64 that allows the computer in training mode to put his shield up, and a cheat that doesn't let the shield go down unless its comes in contact with a hitbox. I wanna practice more on eating shields with Yoshi. :3
Q&A thread BRO :p

if you pause they switch to attack, then repause and switch to stand. Then usually will put up their shield. Like BLink said, they won't drop it though. So the the input will stay, and they will break. (and I want to say it will re-shield>break>re-shield>break ect..).

I was actually going to use this for a tm combo lol. Shhh.

But it's not that useful for practice.

The best way to practice is against a level 9comp. Just stand in front of them. As always, they will roll behind you. Then delay the normal roll punish timing just a bit late, and (believe it or not) they will throw up a shield pretty frame perfect, and you can use that to practice your shied breaks with all the characters shield breaks, and against all chars. This is how I got my execution down.

So basically jump as they roll, then practice you fair>nair>nair>dsmash or whatever you had in mind.

I would start with Like DK/Falcon, then go to Luigi or something.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Q&A thread BRO :p

if you pause they switch to attack, then repause and switch to stand. Then usually will put up their shield. Like BLink said, they won't drop it though. So the the input will stay, and they will break. (and I want to say it will re-shield>break>re-shield>break ect..).

I was actually going to use this for a tm combo lol. Shhh.

But it's not that useful for practice.

The best way to practice is against a level 9comp. Just stand in front of them. As always, they will roll behind you. Then delay the normal roll punish timing just a bit late, and (believe it or not) they will throw up a shield pretty frame perfect, and you can use that to practice your shied breaks with all the characters shield breaks, and against all chars. This is how I got my execution down.

So basically jump as they roll, then practice you fair>nair>nair>dsmash or whatever you had in mind.

I would start with Like DK/Falcon, then go to Luigi or something.
hehe ^ ^" oops forgot all about the Q&A...I use to be consistent as hell with shield breaking but me putting the game down for like a year messed up my Yoshi pretty badly. Guess playing on humans and computers is the best way to go then :)

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Who would of known the King of Stars was half "mario kart" banana peel. :o

Nice 99 cent crown bro, stay scrawny ;3

M!nt

Smash Champion
look what you did sk, go to your room and think about what you've done.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow I love you all, seriously. I lol'd hard when I came into this thread.

And yeah clubba drew it so shaddup Izuhu (love your avatar)

look what you did sk, go to your room and think about what you've done.
Couldn't be more proud

Prove it. To be clear though i meant uair double jump falcon punch, not any other combo. that might have been really unclear from my posts.
Yes that was unclear you scrub

paint avatar BEST no
Your avatar doesn't have the guy saying "no"?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
oooh yeeeeeaaaahhhh

this week i picked up a gameshark 3.2 with a working LED and am currently installing win98 on an OLD pc just for GameShark flashing and massive code testing in a manner that is SUPER FAST. (CLAPS ANIMATION TAUNTS ON CONSOLE? WE'LL SEE. ****ing FREE *** CODE INPUT, *****S!)

**** using the dpad to enter codes.....

also: probly a big update to my gs thread soon as a result

im nerd hipstering out right now...wot
g

EDIT:OSHI paint avy's look kool seems like a FAT bandwagon

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Siglemic almost beat his WR again.....choked at the last minute :'(

Anyways...
Hi dead boards! :3

asianaussie

Smash Hero
SM64? bad luck :|

i saw the current TTYD speedrun attempt going swimmingly, then he misses up an easy power bounce on the final boss and lost 30 seconds, it was heart-wrenching

i think one time i asked siglemic to play smush online and delay was like 11 with constant lagspikes

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Yea, but that's what he gets for showing off on Rainbow Ride going try hard on not killing himself while in the process swagging on a small *** moving carpet, while the chat was having re-occurring heart attacks in background. It was like he wanted to kill himself, but Karma did its business on bowser road. He died and he missed bowser throw. I also wanted to ask him does he play smash 64. If he tries the game competitively he might be surprisingly good.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Izuhy is a dirk for abandoning his better avatar so quickly. Also I'm technically an adult as of today. Yeah.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
the sad moment when no one remembers your birthday and you have to remind them.

happy birthday

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
My avy lacked kawaiiness, I'm sry ^-^" I'll put it back on soon.
Happy Birthday star-kun, one year closer to exploding :3

Top Bottom