• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yo yo yo. Y'all are funny, but real talk:

Mushrooms are best. Have y'all never had them cooked? lol I can straight up eat plates of almost any kind.

Brussels are worst. Nasty ***.

SK doesn't call Vicks... "Vicks" lolol. I mean I sometimes call Vaseline "petroleum jelly," but that's just to troll.

Siglets are "TANK TOPS", or you can call it a "tank". Or if you feel bad calling in a "wife-beater" then call it a "muscle-shirt." What world do you people live in >___>" (no pun intended on the "tank" thing lol)

rpotts

Smash Lord
Really well prepared sauteed brussel sprouts are alright, not great imo but a lot better than how they're often described. I've never had 'bad' brussel sprouts though, like frozen or school lunch or something so I'm assuming that they're much worse than the ones I've had.

Same goes with spinach, if you've only had canned or school spinach I'm sure it sucks, but when its sauteed just right it's actually pretty damn good, just gotta be a good chef or go to a fine restaurant and pay for it, lol.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Really well prepared sauteed brussel sprouts are alright, not great imo but a lot better than how they're often described. I've never had 'bad' brussel sprouts though, like frozen or school lunch or something so I'm assuming that they're much worse than the ones I've had.

Same goes with spinach, if you've only had canned or school spinach I'm sure it sucks, but when its sauteed just right it's actually pretty damn good, just gotta be a good chef or go to a fine restaurant and pay for it, lol.

*****(african), spinach is fine on 100s of things, fresh or cooked, including and especially salads and pizza(xcept soggy tasteless frozen spinach...unfortunate peeps)

maybe i have south american bias regarding spinach tho cuz of eating pasqualina for so long. it's basically spiced spinach pie with hard boiled eggs in it. if anyone oos (i guess anyone cool now) comes over, that **** is getting insta made and i think anyone here would thoroughly enjoy it, pwn.

never once had any brussel sprouts ever, raw or cooked; can't imagine them being much different than how i imagine them: a cross between cabbage and spinach('cabbage' seems like a usable alias..'sup cab)
i've only ever had artichoke in artichoke and spinach dip for tortilla chips, can't really say about atrichokes with that kind of rediculously delicious bias

M!nt

Smash Champion
^ I think cabbage holds that spot.

mushrooms are good
celery is good with peanut butter

rpotts

Smash Lord
*****(african), spinach is fine on 100s of things, fresh or cooked, including and especially salads and pizza(xcept soggy tasteless frozen spinach...unfortunate peeps)

maybe i have south american bias regarding spinach tho cuz of eating pasqualina for so long. it's basically spiced spinach pie with hard boiled eggs in it. if anyone oos (i guess anyone cool now) comes over, that **** is getting insta made and i think anyone here would thoroughly enjoy it, pwn.

never once had any brussel sprouts ever, raw or cooked; can't imagine them being much different than how i imagine them: a cross between cabbage and spinach('cabbage' seems like a usable alias..'sup cab)
i've only ever had artichoke in artichoke and spinach dip for tortilla chips, can't really say about atrichokes with that kind of rediculously delicious bias
That's basically what I meant about spinach, frozen/canned spinach sucks, but I did forget to leave out that fresh, raw spinach is good for salads, though I do think that spinach salads are a worse base than iceberg/romaine/cabbage or a mix. Still good, just not my dig, exactly.

And I hate hard boiled eggs so I'd probably dislike that spinach pie, though everything else in it sounds pretty dank. I guess it has been a while since I've actually tried hard boiled eggs, they just smell so damn terrible.

Brussel sprouts have a pretty unique flavor, it's not really that similar to the flavor of spinach or cabbage, though I see why you'd think that. It's more pungent than cabbage, similar texture to a small head of iceberg and has a sharp after taste. Sorta hard to describe. Spinach artichoke dip is so much better than pickled artichoke hearts, lolol. Not even in the same ballpark.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Okra is the worst, especially when it isn't cooked right (slimy), i would also add sprouts as you basically have to nuke them in order for them to be edible

I also like peppers but I dislike sweet/green peppers

Also not a fan of avocado

(Basically, I am not a fan of tex-mex/southwest)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
celery is terrible, green beans also pretty meh

i also hate capsicums (bell peppers if you're american) unless they're sundried

avocado however, is absolutely amazing stuff

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I've had okra(FAKE, IT WAS FRIED), to me it seems and tastes like seedy nopales(cactus). it wasn't bad when my aunt made some back in Texas, in the same town tacos is in

Obligatory 'wut'

We'll play some console next time, taquitos de vivora

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^idk why, but aa's new avatar intimidates me... Although, maybe because I'm a little girl now... as apposed to a grown woman...

Dood chips n guacamole made with lime and salt=instant jv 6 stock to your taste buds
Yooo, my dad makes this, and it's pretty much the best guac in the world. Of course with the avocados and limes from our back yard.

Man it must suck for people who have to eat non-fresh fruit all the time. I feel lucky.

Also FL avocados are >>>> than Cali avocados. Just sayin' the truth.

Also, @knite, dude I have to try SOMETHING you make at Apex. Like, you keep teasing me xD .

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I don't know why everyone is hating on the veggies, they compliment just about any meaty meal.

I also second lamb for top tier

rpotts

Smash Lord
Tier List of Meats
Excludes fish/shellfish
(tiers in no particular order)

- Top Tier -

Venison
Grass fed, grass finished beef
Lamb
Pork

- High Tier -

Elk
Ostrich
Chicken
Bison
Rabbit
Grain fed beef

- Mid Tier -

Turkey
Pheasant
Quail
Wild Boar

There aren't many meats I really don't like so it's hard to come up with low tier or below, and it's too difficult for me to place fish and other seafood in this list, they're basically incomparable, it'd basically have to be a separate list.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
it's not very popular in the usa, but bear is pretty tasty in the kharkov region of ukraine/the belgorod region of russia.

also, it's hard to find in places other than florida, but alligator meat is also really good.

alas, i don't really eat meat much anymore because there aren't any good markets nearby.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hm well

Top tier

Beef
Bacon
Chicken
Lamb

High tier

Turkey
Pork/ham (non bacon high on the hog)
Bison
Lark's tongues

Mid tier
Pheasant
Venison
Duck
Bald eagle heart
Mutton
Rabbit

Low tier

Squirrel
Rat
Porcupine
Man-flesh
Peafowl
Goose
Spotted owl
Dog

Not a racist tier

Chitluns/pig feet/low on the hog stuff

:phone:

rpotts

Smash Lord
Veal is just beef, I didn't really differentiate between different types of each animal. I.e. Pork = bacon, ham, sausage, pork chops etc.

Hmm, must've been bad lamb, the lamb chops and rack of lamb that I've had weren't particularly fatty.

I've heard kangaroo is nothing special, sorta just tastes like gamey chicken, like most wild game, lol.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I forgot the name but there's a place over here that serves exotic burgers, I remember trying buffalo, ostrich and alligator all were great and have unique flavoUrs

Damn bear seems...unusual, I'd try it I suppose but not if it was killed only for meat

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry if I'm dredging up stuff that isn't really relevant anymore, but damn I just read some stuff in the math/science vs. other pursuits debate a ways back and I couldn't take it.

There were a number of places where people claim that mathematicians/scientists are universally awkward, socially inept people. NOT TURE! I'm a math and cs major. Yeah, there are some awkward people in both, especially in cs. However, there are plenty of people in both pursuits that act just like anybody else. Geniuses, too.

In fact, just to go back to the examples that were being thrown around at the time, I would venture to say that math majors are MORE socially graceful than public policy majors. You know the only thing the public policy majors I know (and I know a loooot) talk about? ****ing public policy and social justice and ****. NON-****ING STOP. Even when they're drinking. How the hell can you drink with a guy who just won't shut up about stuff like that? You know what I don't blather on about when I'm plastered? ****ing math and computer science. Because people outside of the majors just don't give a **** and at least I can recognize that. Not like these damn public policy majors, what with their greenpeace and their PIRG and whatever the hell else they go on about.

You know what math majors talk about? Doing drugs and ****ing. Because those are topics everyone finds interesting and can relate to. Last time I had a conversation with someone, I talked about how the previous weekend I did a bunch of speedball and ****ed a stripper for 10 hours straight. It was an engaging conversation.

At any rate, yeah, just wanted to clear that up.

Top Bottom