• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
This describes caneut perfectly. That crybaby whines about falcon uair combos.
Gav didn't you quickly dismiss my Jigglypuff as trying too hard and not fun after losing only 3-4 quick games

Lol that's not true though.

My falcon would lose to boom's pika. My pika would lose to boom's pika. Not much i can do there lol. (falcon is like a mid tier for me)

My falcon lost to CC's kirby at Montreal but i switched to pika and won the tournament.

I'm not sitting here trying to convince everyone to use pika and i'm certainly not saying that if you use top tier you'll become like an S tier player or something. But you can't deny that there is a definitely a difference between how well the low tiers and high tiers perform.

Everybody knows that there are two types of players: play-to-win and play-for-fun.

Both types of players are fine. Neither bother me.

What does bother me is simple: the play-for-fun people that look down on the play-to-win people EVEN THOUGH 99% of the time they're the ones who ***** and moan about every little thing wrong with their character.

Your attitude is (mostly) fine, Rob. Most play-for-fun people are chill. It's the ones that non-stop whine about their mains and then have the ****ing audacity to judge those who switch their mains that really piss me off.
Pika cheap and gay. wat? Clearly these are just ways of rationalizing your horrific deeds so that you can live with yourself without crippling guilt.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i just wanna be known as the guy who came from nothing and became the best

but instead im known as the guy that didn't get top 8 and got with his cousin

it's a cruel world we live in boys

a cruel world indeed

rpotts

Smash Lord
No, not really, but I don't think that's important since I have essentially 0 chance to win any big tournament. I'd just rather go and play the game I want to play and not worry about getting Link round 1 on Zebes or something.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I'd just rather go and play the game I want to play
A YOLO tournament of 15 people takes about 20 minutes to finish on ONE TV.

The last tournament I was in took 6 hours to eliminate 20 people with 8 setups.

YOLO => More time to play friendlies.

rpotts

Smash Lord
That's ridiculous. The tournament I played in this weekend took about 3.5 hours to eliminate 17 people with 4 setups. We had 4 bracket pools each with their own TV, each with their own assistant TO to help run everything. We were even doing a non-traditional 3 character battle ruleset which didn't seem to slow things down all too much, but certainly could have. After bracket pools we had a reset and then top 8 played a bracket still using 4 TVs.

More importantly, friendlies are awesome and all, but I want to play in a tournament if I'm going to a tournament, but that's me. Smashfests are awesome and all, but I like the competitive side of a tournament more than just a huge smashfest (which would still be cool, lol).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
wario beat Jousuke on console
Orion beat Jousuke online

Jousuke can't handle Pikachus.

that MU is now hopeless [2]

Last edited:

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
wario beat Jousuke on console
Orion beat Jousuke online

Jousuke can't handle Pikachus.

that MU is now hopeless [2]
I watched Wario play Jousuke for quite a while. Wario won 2-4 times. Jousuke won like, over 20 times lol

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
I watched Wario play Jousuke for quite a while. Wario won 2-4 times. Jousuke won like, over 20 times lol
Did the Japanese players (especially the ones that have been to apex) tell you how they felt about 5 stocks vs 4 stocks?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
If they were from west coast it would go like this:

*playing friendlies*
Jousuke: damn son, I beat you all day, u suck with that top tier
wario: PLAY ME IN TOURNAMENT

yeah, Karajones, I'm exaggerating. I don't take the Japanese results too seriously, top 8 is random, it's one game, etc. Jousuke almost lost so many times in the past, it was bound to happen someday. inb4 when the videos come out and it's a 3-stock lol.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Baseball would be a better game with identical stadiums, money reasons/historical exigencies are why such (bad) variation hasn't been corrected. Still a baller game, though.
On a separate tangent from that stage legality thread, baseball is the most boring sport that's popular in the US. It's also plagued by some of the most backward fans of any sport. I'd honestly rather watch yet another 0-0 soccer match than have to sit through a baseball game.

And the worst thing about baseball? There's a new game EVERY SINGLE DAY. So every day I have to hear about how so and so is in a real slump since he went 0-3 last night and think about how this guy has never heard of sample size and doesn't even understand that a walk is nearly as important as a hit. Meanwhile incompetent baseball managers make millions of dollars to sit in a dugout (wearing the team's uniform for some reason, which I don't think I've seen in any other sport) and make stupid game decisions that statisticians proved wrong 20 years ago.

Yes, baseball definitely rustles my jimmies.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i played basketball today and i'm pretty sure i blocked an entire team of dominicans

we shut them down 12-1. lost our first game then went and won 5 in a row. i'm extremely sore.

my defense today was so goddamn on point, and i even had some shining O moments

ahh i love when the weather isn't garbage

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ballin you suck so much OMG you're not even good at liking sports what is your purpose in life

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you're right, at least baseball doesn't take a a whole ****ing day to watch

im aware there are shorter forms of cricket but why would you subject yourself to ANY cricket when you could be watching something cool, like water polo or fencing or AFL

mixa

Banned via Warnings
that samurai champloo baseball episode is better than all baseball matches and anectodes I'll never bother to hear or watch

Top Bottom