• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Annex

Smash Ace
goodness, it's already time to start planning for apex? how exciting :)

im in the same boat as sedda
in thurs/fri out sunday

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i think i've been banned 4 times, gotten blaze3927 permabanned, gotten him un-perma banned, tricked a super-moderator into changing 1der's name to cheeseball341 and spammed the crap out of every thread with anime

so i volunteer for mod

failing that i vote kero to be mod

you'll get infracted if you don't include a cute animal with every post

Studstill

Smash Ace
I guess what I've heard about discrimination against asexuality being on par with discrimination against homosexuality is true :'(
I don`t discriminate against anyone. But Homosexuality and Heterosexuality and Bisexuality* are on a different plane of neural activity than 'asexuality', but I don`t want to debate that currently, SK.

I don`t discriminate against anyone. All *'******s' that got said I actually will apologize for, if someone gay or straight was listening to me vent a considerable amount of anger towards Rob, then:
I`m sorry. Using '******' a generic insult does not excuse me from the anti-gay connotations of that slur and I am genuinely sorry if anyone gay felt like that`s not totally normal or cool because of what I said. I love gay people, mostly because of who hates them, but also because I don`t care what the particular genitalia of two consenting adults is.

The point of that rant was to attempt to hurt Rob, verbally, as I said on the tape, because I am non-violent and express my negative feelings with words; his constant harassment building quite a bit of negative feelings. But this is what that was, all it was. I`m not mentally ill, perhaps I could work on some anger against people on the internet, but some of you might not know I met Rob, and had thought we were friends until I learned that he sometimes enjoys hurting people, and refuses to leave Gavin alone.

Anywya, apparently some of you enjoyed that stream, so yeah, right on. But don`t worry about my mental state, and almost everyone who has interacted with me is aware: If you`re nice, I`m nice. If you`re not, I`m not. Very simple. Not insane.

Also, SuperSmashBros64.com will be hosting a tournament before Apex final registration with a grand prize of

Apex 2015: Entries, Travel, Lodging.
There will be a series of free online qualifiers, awarding spots into and culminating in the final tournament. Limited to the NA, some small areas (think Alaska) will not qualify for the travel part of the Grand Prize.

****** = ****** obvs, but it is a sincere apology so I wanted to be clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
update: I am a sadist and studstill is a victim. Who would have thought?

going to properly reply when I get home but rest assured, it's not going to be accepting or graced, for reasons to be discussed.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I`m sorry. Using 'f/a.g got' a generic insult does not excuse me from the anti-gay connotations of that slur and I am genuinely sorry if anyone gay felt like that`s not totally normal or cool because of what I said. I love gay people, mostly because of who hates them, but also because I don`t care what the particular genitalia of two consenting adults is.

The point of that rant was to attempt to hurt Rob, verbally, as I said on the tape, because I am non-violent and express my negative feelings with words; his constant harassment building quite a bit of negative feelings. But this is what that was, all it was. I`m not mentally ill, perhaps I could work on some anger against people on the internet, but some of you might not know I met Rob, and had thought we were friends until I learned that he sometimes enjoys hurting people, and refuses to leave Gavin alone.

*f/a.g got = ****** obvs, but it is a sincere apology so I wanted to be clear.
I appreciate you going over your own mistakes even when others won't.

You know that people are just going to keep trolling you if you keep interacting negatively with them, so just stop it and the problem will be fixed. Any technical smash stuff that you disagree on with them has been beaten to death. Agree to disagree and don't bring it up anymore. It's not worth your time.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@The Star King : Yo if you are really back lets play smash dude. If not, well then :(

@ S Studstill : As someone who has been nice to you, or at least polite, and has observed you being more or less polite to me in our brief interactions, you still seem like you need help. Take that as you may, but my suggestion is to seek that help, and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

In terms of mods, I vote me. I don't go on the boards much anymore and hardly ever post, therefore I'm the perfect mod!

Maliki

Smash Ace
Yo I say we all pool our money and pay some hacker to DDOS smash boards forget buying it lets burn it to the ground.

kys

Smash Ace
That video was hilarious, until about 10 minutes in . . . and then it becomes apparent that Studstill needs some help.

Seriously, go do something about it. If a comment about your Kirby cutter percentage sets you off for 30 minutes - faked or not - then you need an intervention

Madao

Rofl reading posts in the opposite of chronological order can be interesting. Just wow...

I honestly don't understand the mentality people have these days where people respect homosexuals and disrespect asexuals. That video Fireblaster posted was priceless. Smh @ S Studstill .. Logic not even once.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
here are some facts for you, studstill. you seem to be under the idiotic impression that i am a sadistic person and i like to hurt people. no, that is not the case; you have only assumed that because i made a twitter of public domain quotes and have made fun of you.

why have i made fun of you? because you are an impossible person, and i mean that in every negative way possible. you can harness all the negative feelings you want, but the point remains: you literally flipped out when i criticized your usage of Kirby's up-b. JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.

when you first contacted me via skype and we spoke for however long, i told you all of our terms and techniques. you WERE NOT aware of a lot of them, no matter how adamant you are (blue v green invincibility, DI, alt stages, pivots, movement, etc). you said you had "your own" words and "nintendo's" words - fine.

fast forward to you actually playing online and talking to more and more people in the community.

you become a sort of running joke, with nobody really taking you serious as a player. you make ridiculous claims about your skill (which everyone has assumed to be the same low level it's always been). now, ****talking is fine and all, but you can't possibly think you're a victim. you have said, on multiple occasions, that NOBODY KNOWS THIS GAME LIKE YOU DO, that people who think about the game in x manner are IDIOTS and MORONS, that WE AS A COMMUNITY have butchered the game and we're all STUPID for it.

so yeah, at the point that it became apparent you were a ****ing psycho, i had no intentions of being friendly with you. you consistently insulted smashers as a whole if they did not agree with you or your insane ideas. you take criticism in the WORST way possible - you don't agree that you can improve, and yet everyone else is in agreement about it. your last tourney results exemplify this.

that's just smash alone. the fact that you have DRIVEN MY FRIENDS DRUNK for many hours and put them in danger is another reason i do not like you. the fact that you DELIBERATELY INSULTED me and my family after our extremely generous hospitality is yet another reason i do not like you. the fact that you have always used volume as a way to "win" arguments over skype is another reason i do not like you. you have repeatedly just ranted against people for very insignificant reasons. steve and i were in my basement when you went on one of these rants.

so this is not a one-time thing, this is a repeat offense. this is why i don't think anyone should talk to you for longer than three or four minutes.

you can threaten me with physical harm all you want and make fun of my mother, i don't really pay much attention to anything you do, because i know what the outcome would be if you did actively try anything. especially in a crowded area.

what i will say: it is collectively agreed that you need to seek some ****ing help. if you are so affected by what people online say about a video game, you need a therapist. or some medication, or someone to talk to, something that will help you move past this ridiculousness.

i can say a lot more, but i'm not going to.

one last thing:
Apex 2015: Entries, Travel, Lodging.
There will be a series of free online qualifiers, awarding spots into and culminating in the final tournament. Limited to the NA, some small areas (think Alaska) will not qualify for the travel part of the Grand Prize.
this is not a good idea. there are too many variables. the fact that this would not be available for another major prior to apex means any console-only players will be at a disadvantage. winning an online tournament should not "award you a spot" at apex.

i hope other people look at this in this way. travel and lodging, i support. anything to do with brackets themselves, no.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i finally watched that studstill video

fireblaster's voice is surprisingly nice to listen to

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
speaking of kirby's up b

the other day i was playing my friend jon with my kirby

we're on opposite sides of dl when he misses a z cancel under the left platform

kirby isn't a fast enough character to run up to him and punish (i think)

so what do i do?

well i do the one thing that will work

i teleport up b that mother ******

kirby slides across the stage and SLICE

the cutter brings up off the stage!

ONE HIT PUNISH

the cutter brings him down to the stage!

TWO HIT PUNISH

wait, i think to myself, what do i do now

how the **** do i follow this up

it was at this moment that i knew i had ****ed up

jon techs in place and proceeds to combo me to death

game over *******

Top Bottom