• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
next thing we know near will be banned with a private account

this is starting to encroach into /r/nosleep territory

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Grand finals of the Washington monthly

@McGodd I recommend more second-hit uair combos but good matches overall.
If you want to be flashy, you need to combo into some Falcon Punches. That'll get you the women and the fame. :denzel:

I'm not certain if it's really necessary but I like to approach with an advancing, back flip. (terminology, anyone?)
It seems to avoid lower attacks thrown out by fox such as d-smash, d-tilt, and low lasers.

I also mix it up with a full hop advancing back flip to dodge most grounded moves.

If you're really want to embrace what it means to play as Falcon, then try this:
taunt cancel -> reverse ledge dash -> back flip -> combo from there
It's guaranteed to make people respect you hate you for showing off.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
It was I, I am the mind behind Mixa and San goku, you see, I wanted to create multiple accounts from the beginning so I could rule the world, but I ran out of email accounts... Then I banned my Sangoku account to make it not seam obvious that I was controlling multiple personalities,
I could've gotten away with it if it weren't for you medling kids.
You might ask why, why would I want to rule the world with multiple accounts? I'll give you a hint:
Mixa: 4 chars
+
Sangoku: 7 chars
=
THE_MAAFIA: 11 chars
I'll be 17 in 6 months
17-11
=
My favorite number is 111
X
=
#illuminatiConfirmed
69spooky420me
#ImAlsoKerroLOL

Shears

Smash Master
It was I, I am the mind behind Mixa and San goku, you see, I wanted to create multiple accounts from the beginning so I could rule the world, but I ran out of email accounts... Then I banned my Sangoku account to make it not seam obvious that I was controlling multiple personalities,
I could've gotten away with it if it weren't for you medling kids.
You might ask why, why would I want to rule the world with multiple accounts? I'll give you a hint:
Mixa: 4 chars
+
Sangoku: 7 chars
=
THE_MAAFIA: 11 chars
I'll be 17 in 6 months
17-11
=
My favorite number is 111
X
=
#illuminatiConfirmed
69spooky420me
#ImAlsoKerroLOL
Kero has 1 'r' not two.

THE_MAAFIA is 10 chars not 11

#IlluminatiUnconfirmed

THE_MAAFIA = Kahnu

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to post this Smash 64, 60 fps Video. I bought the Elgato HD 60, only or few capture devices that can record in 60 fps.
Audio is a little off though. Didn't bother to fix

Sedda

Smash Champion
why would you need to wear a mask if you wanted to prove a point?

or go to CANADA to play melee? it was probably boom

the melee meta is way more demanding, and even technically melee is harder to play.

karajan delusional as always

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
So if these last few weeks go well, I'm going to finally grab a new 360 and jump back on the online bandwagon. Get ready, children.

@Karajan are you saying it's harder in terms of the game itself, or in achieving results among humans?

I would agree that 64 is harder if you're going for best in the world among humans, but from a game mechanics standpoint it's clearly melee, imo.

64 for lyfe

Sedda

Smash Champion
The games are so different that comparing stocks/games is a really poor way to compare skill levels. C'mon now.

Sedda is right about this, and imo it's not really debatable just by sheer numbers.

Look at sports: Divisions are made in high school and college because a school with thousands is at a huge advantage against schools with only hundreds. The same is true of smash, or anything really. Melee has thousands and thousands of players. 64 has only hundreds. Really good 64 players can stay at the top because there simply aren't that many challengers. It's not a skill thing, it's a numbers thing. And we can all agree that melee is a more demanding game, technically.

I'll delve into this further, but right now I'm pretty blitzed and Sedda is doing most of the hard labor, so until then . . .

CASHBAH
So if these last few weeks go well, I'm going to finally grab a new 360 and jump back on the online bandwagon. Get ready, children.

@Karajan are you saying it's harder in terms of the game itself, or in achieving results among humans?

I would agree that 64 is harder if you're going for best in the world among humans, but from a game mechanics standpoint it's clearly melee, imo.

64 for lyfe
kys pls

whose side are you on

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
that's not winning the argument. that's just blackmailing the other person to delude himself into thinking that he won the argument and get a slight self esteem boost.

plus **** mic

caneut

Smash Ace
melee techskill may be harder, but it's easier to learn the techskill and automatically be considered a good player, rather than learn the tech skill of 64 and still be a complete scrub

Sedda

Smash Champion
there are plenty of scrubs with good techskill in melee caneUT

nobody is arguing the fact that good techskill =/= good player

kys

Smash Ace
I dunno, it's such a strange thing to compare, yknow, both the games, that I flip-flop like a dirty politician.

I'll ride the fence and say that both games are deeper than they appear, and both require a strong skill set.

Usually I'm on your side, Sedda

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Opinion, but timing single button inputs isn't too hard (L cancelling difference), easy executable tech skill is pretty sufficient (wavedashing OoS) to making you pretty fast. I don't play Fox. And Gamecube controller is significantly more usable than an N64 one probably primarily because of a lack of C-stick.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Opinion, but timing single button inputs isn't too hard (L cancelling difference), easy executable tech skill is pretty sufficient (wavedashing OoS) to making you pretty fast. I don't play Fox. And Gamecube controller is significantly more usable than an N64 one probably primarily because of a lack of C-stick.
Pshh.. GC controller's advancing bairs are EZ mode, Shaya. Oh, I see that Falco main... your secret is safe with me nobody.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
c stick is for the weak. if you can't advance bair/retreat bair/dair without ff/uair without jump, you're not TECHNICAL enough and need to go back to training mode

but yeah melee is needlessly difficult, as i've said dozens of times

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
c-stick is the win stick, it's the option-select catch-all button that is the glue which makes just about everything technical in melee actually possible (and in Brawl in too). HOLD C STICK IN A DIRECTION, AUTOMATICALLY DI OUT OF EVERYTHING FOR FREE, BUFFER ROLLS FOR FREE, BUFFER JUMPS FOR FREE, BUFFER SPOT DODGES FOR FREE, ad nauseum. Only-melee players really don't understand how much is given to them for free that takes a lot of effort to do in other games, haha.

I'm playing without a c-stick on 3DS fine, I thank my 64 experience a little in not really being too phased about it, looking forward to being able to do things easier on WiiU (true pivot actions / buffering). I aerial and jump with analogue stick mostly fine, C-stick just makes hand positioning easier otherwise.

. Oh, I see that Falco main... your secret is safe with me nobody.
My character main spread is symbolically meant to represent who I use in smash in all games. I would say it's about time to take MK off and replace it with G&W or something.

Falco is easy in Melee. I can hold down and press the b button into holding shield+up cstick (auto buffer jumps) pressing the b button 8 times in a row without leaving the ground no problem, I just can't be bothered learning to apply that dynamically in the game, shine is a joke.

ALSO, I swore you were AA. ****ing animu avatar.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
shhh you're gonna hurt someone's feelings
Don't do this sort of thing this is some weak ****

Also everybody knows that Melee is more technical and that's not really the issue at hand. It sounds like Han Solo missed the point entirely and his post should probably be ignored.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Don't do this sort of thing this is some weak ****

Also everybody knows that Melee is more technical and that's not really the issue at hand. It sounds like Han Solo missed the point entirely and his post should probably be ignored.
dont be so self conscious.

i was messing with karajan not with you lol

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
why would you need to wear a mask if you wanted to prove a point?

or go to CANADA to play melee? it was probably boom

the melee meta is way more demanding, and even technically melee is harder to play.

karajan delusional as always
youre too dimwitted to even recognize a joke. look at the thumbs up picture

I would agree that 64 is harder if you're going for best in the world among humans
this is the point
lets assume masked man was boom. boom doesnt play melee, shows up to some tournament and destroys everyone.

now lets look at 64 players:
boom, who is probably the 3rd best 64 player in the world, got beat in saumus dittos on the US version by jouske the first time jouske ever played that version. With ONE hand. There is probably only 1 person in all of north and south america who can beat boom in samus dittos (with 2 hands) period.
the skill difference between the top 2 64 players snd the 3rd best 64 player and everyone else is absurd. You don't see that in melee because none of them are prodigies or geniuses. The top 3 64 players could easily beat any of the top 5 "gods" of melee after a year of training.

in 6 months jouske's 1 hand samus went from losing to me to beating superboomfan.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
dont be so self conscious.

i was messing with karajan not with you lol
What makes you think I thought it was about me?

That's not the point. I don't care if it's not directed at me, I'm still gonna call it out. I hate when people pull this weak **** in debates. Years of dealing with Battlecow has scarred me to this "wow don't be mad" "lol someone got his feelings hurt" etc out of nowhere. hate that **** so weak

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
yawn, karajan

we've already had this discussion. the gap between the top players and others in 64 is huge because the 64 scene is ****.

and SK, I don't know what this is about honestly. it was clearly a joke not meant to offend anybody. I'm not Battlecow and I don't do **** like that

what else am I supposed to say other than "don't get mad, it was just a joke" after you say something like this
hate that **** so weak
what's there to hate? it was a joke

The Star King

Smash Hero
I forgot to add "I don't care if it was a joke" to "I don't care if it's not directed at me"

because classic Sedda

Top Bottom