• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Madao

@ S Studstill take it easy man. I think Han Solo, just wanted to know what happened. He even stated "If he did and everyone is fine with it, then I'm cool with it." Please think carefully now. It doesn't look good to write angry responses and it may encourage certain individuals to continue trolling you.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Even if some of the stuff was directed at Cobr, saying that you're superior than someone based on their sexuality is an attack on everyone with that sexuality. Maybe not something the community should be cool with.
If you want to stand with Cobr and simnultaneously pretend that he was targetted for his non-sexuality then go ahead.
Again, this group mentality of passive aggressiveness is so weird.
If you aren`t cool with it, say so. Don`t muse as to what "the community should be cool with."
I`d be more than happy to explain how I agree that whatever anyone wants to do or not do with their junk is irelevant and definitely not a contest. I was insulting Cobr in order to make him feel inferior, you obviously flipped that around as some kind of Hetero-superiority, but you are putting words in my mouth.
Again, feel free to PM me, or at least state your own opinion if something I`ve done offends you.
This is only because I actually care about lessening your hurt, if there was some, not becuase I think/care about what you all think of a community policing. It`s still none of anyone`s business. This whole recording people and posting it is sick. That was in my mind, a private stream between me and 3 people, with a few known friends watching. Then these other guys come in and restream it on their channel, as if it was somehow a YOUTUBE VIDEO THAT I UPLOADED OR A PUBLIC ****ING EVENT.
Goddamn I am still mad about that.
How about this. All y`all just not mention my name. Does that ****ing work?
Jesus.

Madao that`s a bad answer. I haven`t done anything here other than defend myself.
I haven`t insulted anyone.
Again, I open up SB and someone has linked an embarrassing video of me.
And it`s my fault.
No. Reporting this whole thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studstill

Smash Ace
It was too funny to be mad at
Even cobber was like "yo ex dee"
OH LOOK MY SIDE OF THE STORY IS TOTALLY CORRECT?
SHOCKING.
He is a troll, you non-sexuals standing with him are a disgrace, like pretending no one liked Mussolini because he was Italian.
Go find some actual bully, like Cobr, of whom their are many....how many non-heteroes are getting mocked, abused or harassed right now?
And you want to stand up FOR COBR? Get out of here. I apologized for the collateral but you want to call me a bigot then present some evidence.

Last edited:

Madao

Madao that`s a bad answer. I haven`t done anything here other than defend myself.
I haven`t insulted anyone.
Again, I open up SB and someone has linked an embarrassing video of me.
And it`s my fault.
No. Reporting this whole thread.
I think you jumped to conclusions, but I will PM you. We need to talk..

Also, please refrain from double posting. It's better to just edit post than make a new one.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Ok Madao. I hear you.
Everyone else:
You know what? I know I have a personality that seems large and some of you have never even chatted online, much less talked to or met with me.
I`m a real person. I`m here for the game. Because it`s awesome, way better than life.
I turned on SmashBoards today to check for any cool vids or game questions because I my grandfather is dying and deciding whether or not to go and see him while he`s still alive and then returning for the imminent funeral versus just taking time off work to go to only the funeral was too ****ign difficult to deal with and I needed an escape.
This is what you have done to my happy place, @ Han Solo Han Solo , dug up and spread this **** around all over it, again.
So, sir, You can **** Off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
i know what i say is rascist, i dont deny it unlike you

you are literally the most childish person in this community

an embarrassment to say the least

they have a right to show a video of you raging at Cobr and insulting him and making death threats

you are bat**** crazy, why wouldnt they ****ing record it?

and i dont think a geniuenly "nice" person would make death threats.

and dont say you are being harrassed asshole, you were clearly bashing rob and fire and then they were just like "lol ok then"

you do such a great job at making it seem like your the ****ing victim

and you know what i hate the most abour you?

your pretentiousness

dont act smart if your a ****ing dumbass

you are a psychopath and should be in a mental ward

edit:
way to go dumbass, yet again you show how ****ing stupid you are by saying you are a ****ing victim

im glad @ Han Solo Han Solo dug this up you piece of ****

Last edited:

VVilde

Smash Cadet
Ok Madao. I hear you.
Everyone else:
You know what? I know I have a personality that seems large and some of you have never even chatted online, much less talked to or met with me.
I`m a real person. I`m here for the game. Because it`s awesome, way better than life.
I turned on SmashBoards today to check for any cool vids or game questions because I my grandfather is dying and deciding whether or not to go and see him while he`s still alive and then returning for the imminent funeral versus just taking time off work to go to only the funeral was too ****ign difficult to deal with and I needed an escape.
This is what you have done to my happy place, @ Han Solo Han Solo , dug up and spread this **** around all over it, again.
So, sir, You can **** Off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKijJ9n-VQ&feature=youtu.be&t=7s

Sedda

Smash Champion
honestly there was no reason to bring this up again Solo, lol

it's not like we have a group of leaders that can collectively decide if we should "kick someone out." even if that was the case, it wouldn't work. it's up to each person to decide who they want to associate themselves with. if you dont like studstill, dont talk to him/ignore him at tournaments/etc

"we" dont really decide to forgive anyone. that's up to each individual

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
This thread lmfao
I would love nothing more than to put the past behind myself and Cobr.
Uhh YEEE
Way before it got to the point of that video, I publicly tried to make peace with Cobr on multiple occasions. He treated all of them like a moment to further abuse me, like the immature troll he is.
Literally the next sentence.
Cobr is a vile troll. He got exactly what he deserved.
10/10
I`m sorry you just tolerated the racist, anti-women, anti-gay bile that Cobr and Canuet spew
It's along the same lines of many people tolerating the ****fests you stir. No excuse for cane though, he's 95.4871% pollution.
but the 4-5 people that have a "problem" with me are known major league *******s:
Cobr.
Cane.
Steve.
Fire.
Define "problem" -- that list could be a lot longer.

As for the rest of it, zzz.. Just be the change you want to see and that's it. Quit getting into unnecessary arguments with people; I'm sure it's tiring for people to read. Although actually now that I type that, perhaps that's why people are still in the chat where you abuse your power, probably because they feed off this nonsense like cane does, albeit to a lesser extent.

You have certainly made a name for yourself, Studstill.. but is it one you could be proud of when looking back at videos like that and chat logs of Mahie boots? C'mon brehh

Yup, this community is hot **** imo. We're all All-Stars ;]

Last edited:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
I was insulting Cobr in order to make him feel inferior, you obviously flipped that around as some kind of Hetero-superiority, but you are putting words in my mouth.
"They're flawed, genetically. Their DNA should never reproduce"
"People are sexual unless they're brain damaged"
- Studstill, on asexuals.

But ok.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
LOL sup nerds

as you can see the DK meta is evolving at such a rate I cannot expand my dong hence thus the forward.

http://dk64.boards.net/

This is where all the serious debates on Donkey Kong will go down, to U-smash finishers, to sweet F-air combos.

funny arent i

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Guys wtf stop fighting, just play the damn game, don't even argue, train your butt off and kick their A**! No point in starting drama, let the hate fuel you in getting better and 5 stock the S*** out of them!

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Guys wtf stop fighting, just play the damn game, don't even argue, train your butt off and kick their A**! No point in starting drama, let the hate fuel you in getting better and 5 stock the S*** out of them!
the maafia with the wisdom man wtf

Vale

Smash Ace
how can everyone be fighting when there are so many animal pictures just waiting to be posted?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
honestly there was no reason to bring this up again Solo, lol

it's not like we have a group of leaders that can collectively decide if we should "kick someone out." even if that was the case, it wouldn't work. it's up to each person to decide who they want to associate themselves with. if you dont like studstill, dont talk to him/ignore him at tournaments/etc

If someone was threatening to hurt you and yelling at you for hours, and then you go to Apex, and you have to be in the same room as them, don't you think you'd be a little uncomfortable? After five minutes, I was really bothered by what Studstill was saying. I don't have to associate with him, and I'm probably not going to, but does that mean everyone should just ignore what he said because it's already kind-of-not-really been settled?

All I'm seeing from Studstill is "It wasn't my fault. Cobr riled me up." All I'm seeing from everyone else is "Studstill was just being Studstill. Forget about it." If no one cares, I won't bring it up again, but if people were as bothered by it as I was, I think now's the time to say something.

Sedda

Smash Champion
All I'm seeing from Studstill is "It wasn't my fault. Cobr riled me up." All I'm seeing from everyone else is "Studstill was just being Studstill. Forget about it." If no one cares, I won't bring it up again, but if people were as bothered by it as I was, I think now's the time to say something.
OK, I'll give you a third perspective since I was here every day before and after the video happened.

At the time, I was actually defending Studstill because it was pretty clear that cobr and company were pushing buttons (by the time of the video). This wasn't the first time they had had conversations about SSB in this way during which studstill got riled up... It's not like they were talking about SSB mechanics in that video for the first time and ALL OF THE SUDDEN Stud blows up like this. Cobr even said something along the lines of it being entertaining or whatever in the FB thread where this video was posted in one of the groups.

This doesn't give Studstill a pass, but they were poking the guy with a stick at this point, and what do you know? I was right. If you don't do just that, Studstill isn't going to bother anyone. He still has a big personality, but that really is how he is and he's been around for long enough that we should know how to handle that in the same way that we know how to handle people who are really quiet, for example. Sometimes Studstill will throw around something of a "smug" comment in regular conversations, which is almost never directed at anyone else but in reference to himself, but the guy wouldn't hurt a fly if you don't try to hurt him first.

Did he have all of this coming? Honestly, yes. Ever since Karajan, Fireblaster, Cobr, etc had started having arguments about game mechanics with him on SWF, he would progressively get more and more offensive for no reason, but by the time the video was uploaded, sometimes these topics of conversation were revisited just to get the guy riled up.

And let's not even talk about Caneut. Every time there's a problem with him, it's pretty much invariably always his fault.

Capos

Smash Apprentice
OK, I'll give you a third perspective since I was here every day before and after the video happened.

At the time, I was actually defending Studstill because it was pretty clear that cobr and company were pushing buttons (by the time of the video). This wasn't the first time they had had conversations about SSB in this way during which studstill got riled up... It's not like they were talking about SSB mechanics in that video for the first time and ALL OF THE SUDDEN Stud blows up like this. Cobr even said something along the lines of it being entertaining or whatever in the FB thread where this video was posted in one of the groups.

This doesn't give Studstill a pass, but they were poking the guy with a stick at this point, and what do you know? I was right. If you don't do just that, Studstill isn't going to bother anyone. He still has a big personality, but that really is how he is and he's been around for long enough that we should know how to handle that in the same way that we know how to handle people who are really quiet, for example. Sometimes Studstill will throw around something of a "smug" comment in regular conversations, which is almost never directed at anyone else but in reference to himself, but the guy wouldn't hurt a fly if you don't try to hurt him first.

Did he have all of this coming? Honestly, yes. Ever since Karajan, Fireblaster, Cobr, etc had started having arguments about game mechanics with him on SWF, he would progressively get more and more offensive for no reason, but by the time the video was uploaded, sometimes these topics of conversation were revisited just to get the guy riled up.

And let's not even talk about Caneut. Every time there's a problem with him, it's pretty much invariably always his fault.
I definitely wouldn't say Cobr was blameless , but this is the first time I said anything about Cobr. My one post was just saying hey maybe it'd be cool if we respect all sexual orientations.
Kahnu actually defended him in several posts, including in the one where he said that Studstill did use a few racial slurs.
I wouldn't call either of those poking the stick.

But the responses were
- Fine side with Cobr, but you're making up that that I said asexuals are bad
- I'm allowed to use racial slurs but that doesn't make me racist
- The real problem here is that it was recorded and posted (because bigotry is ok as long as you keep it private)

Sedda

Smash Champion
i was responding to Solo. i didnt read your posts so idk. youre basically responding to me with specific issues that i didnt even cover and weren't really the point of what i was saying anyway

Last edited:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was just disagreeing with the 'he's mostly fine if you leave him alone' thought. But fair enough.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
You know what I love about the 64 community? How every one has a different personality, like literally not 2 people are the same
(Except Mixa And San Goku)

Top Bottom