• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socialize. peach for top tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Iv'e been playing around with peach and I think peach should be top tier.

This has nothing to do with Armada.

she has the floats and her aerials has a lot of priority.

her combos and float cancels and dsmash traps is why I think she should be top tier.

Should Peach be top tier?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
I think Peach is perfect where she is, shes still amazing nonetheless but overall i think shes fine.
On the other hand I think Pikachu should be moved even with Gannon, thats just me tho

Eggm

Smash Hero
Iv'e been playing around with peach and I think peach should be top tier.

This has nothing to do with Armada.

she has the floats and her aerials has a lot of priority.

her combos and float cancels and dsmash traps is why I think she should be top tier.

Should Peach be top tier?
Nah, cause she's not Jamaican like you.

Bing

Smash Master
Nah, Peach has too many match-up disadvantages, and also, look at most nationals, Yes Armada, #1, but then it gets further down the list before another peach appears, Yes MacD had a good run too, but Im not jumping on any Peach for top tier bandwagons. There too many characters infront of her that could be top tier over her, Namingly, Marth should be back at Top. Not A. I think Him and Puff should switch.

Speaking of Tier List, I never noticed a few things. 1. Two characters have there own tier. Ic's and Link(joke, cause YL and Link have there own tier)
Also never really noticed that Link was above DK.
Pikachu should be tied with Ganon, or atleast in the C Tier. And Doc should be moved down a bit?(I dunno, Shrommed just made a good showing to keep Doc where he's at)

Pi

Smash Hero
the tier list does not directly correlate to how good a character is

if everyone sucked and someone was really good w/ roy and he was winning all the tournaments roy would be top tier

Bing

Smash Master
It Does show how the characters current metagame has been developed though correct?

And actually to be honest, I try to look at the tier list, I think its rather pointless.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think she should be.

She has shine spikes and D-Air as great moves.

Oh wait THATS SPACIES

She can rest and bair

OH THATS JIGGZ

She can tipper

THATS IT

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
In the current metaknight, she's doing ok. Two peaches in the top 12 at Genesis, not too bad.

Falco = PP + Mango = 1.5 (Mango = 0.5)
Marth = Taj + m2k = 1 (m2k = Taj = 0.5)
Sheik = 0.5 (m2k = 0.5)
Fox = Mango + sfat = 1.5 (Mango = 0.5)
Falcon = s2j + hax = 2
Puff = bair
Doc = dajuan = 1 i guess
ylink = 0.5

**** that means peach = 1.5 too

ic = 1
m2 = 0.5

according to my calculations.

1. Falcon
2. Peach, Falco, Fox
3. Doc, Puff, Marth, IC
4. Mewtwo, Sheik, Young Link

EDIT: Marth (is barely a character I guess).

Bing

Smash Master
In the current metaknight, she's doing ok. Two peaches in the top 12 at Genesis, not too bad.

Falco = PP + Mango = 1.5 (Mango = 0.5)
Marth = Taj + m2k = 1 (m2k = Taj = 0.5)
Sheik = 0.5
Fox = Mango + sfat = 1.5 (Mango = 0.5)
Falcon = s2j + hax = 2
Puff = bair
Doc = dajuan = 1 i guess
ylink = 0.5

**** that means peach = 1.5 too

ic = 1
m2 = 0.5

according to my calculations.

1. Falcon
2. Peach, Falco, Fox
3. Doc, Puff, IC
4. Mewtwo, Sheik, Young Link
Wheres Marth? ;-;

Wake

Smash Master
Zhu's post is awesome. Everyone look at it now.

Also, I think she's fine where she is. I don't see her as being better than any of the characters above her.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I dunno about top tier, but I think there's an argument to be made for her being better than marth and mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe sheik.

but this community is so stubborn, it took like 2.5 years of jiggs dominance for us to finally move her up so I'm not really expecting anything.

Super

Smash Apprentice
I dunno about top tier, but I think there's an argument to be made for her being better than marth and mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe sheik.

but this community is so stubborn, it took like 2.5 years of Mango&Hbox dominance for us to finally move her up so I'm not really expecting anything.
Maybe above Marth but not Sheik. I also think Jiggs will not go any higher.

Dulren

Smash Cadet
From my experience, those 3 go even vs Peach

Falcon runs circles around peach, mitigates the effectiveness of her turnips by being in her face constantly, and can combo her like no other. The only thing peach has going for her Vs Falcon is edge-guarding.

Puff ***** peach. There's literally nothing Peach can do vs perfectly spaced bair spam. If peach wins this MU, it's very obvious who the better player is.

I'm also inclined to doubt Sheik/Peach is 50/50, but I have little experience in the MU. It just seems like sheik isn't so easily edge guarded by Peach, can combo Peach pretty well, and Sheik's bair seems amazing vs Peach with proper spacing (though that's just speculation)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
While Armada just won an international with mostly Peach, the next top placings are usually MacD and Vanz. After that, there's little to no other Peaches in the bracket.

Falcon runs circles around peach, mitigates the effectiveness of her turnips by being in her face constantly, and can combo her like no other. The only thing peach has going for her Vs Falcon is edge-guarding.
Turnips aren't as easily dodgeable as you might think. They force Captain Falcon to approach and all Falcon has in his spacing game is dash dance camping. Peach has a lot of combo tricksies on Falcon, which is more than just edge guards

Puff ***** peach. There's literally nothing Peach can do vs perfectly spaced bair spam. If peach wins this MU, it's very obvious who the better player is.
Peach gets ***** when she approaches, but that's not her metagame vs Jigglypuff. She has a lot vs Jigglypuff's spaced bairs. The slap always either trades or wins vs her half invisible foot. She can force Jigglypuff to approach with turnips and her bair isn't as good of an approach as you might think

I'm also inclined to doubt Sheik/Peach is 50/50, but I have little experience in the MU. It just seems like sheik isn't so easily edge guarded by Peach, can combo Peach pretty well, and Sheik's bair seems amazing vs Peach with proper spacing (though that's just speculation)
Every move of Sheik's is easily crouch cancelable, except ftilt. Peach edgegaurds Sheik harder than Sheik edgeguards Peach. Sure Sheik out comboes Peach, but Peach out spaces Sheik. I don't think I've played this matchup enough to know stuff about Sheik's bair vs her

Falcon would destroy Peach if it wasn't for peach's dash attack.

but it is still a tough match.
The turnips are Falcon's worst fear

IMO, Peach is the third best character in the game.

But the tier list depends more on tourney results, so I'm not sure if it's time to move her up yet.
3rd? Who is she better than? Imo the top 6 are in this order from top to bottom: Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jigglypuff, Peach. Too bad tier lists are so heavily based on big tournament results. We're going to need multiple tier lists because a character like Fox ***** locals but isn't so hot in 3 day nationals

Ridiculously good character.
Yes. The thing about Peach is she has perhaps the best spacing game

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Sheik ***** peach. (dthrow>fair)

Falcon vs Peach: The matchup is even because Falcon wins the match up itself and peach wins in terms of stage advantage. Falcon can beat peach on FD because he has a lot of room to DD. But peach beats Falcon on 4/5 neutral stages. FOD, Yoshi's Story,Battlefield (Falcon cant run about much). Peach wins on Dreamland because of the high ceiling and the wide area.

Jiggs vs Peach: Lets not make Armadas loss at apex fool us. The match up is in peaches favor. Peach can space properly with her turnips against jiggs. Combos such as turnip>fair or traps like float cancel grab when jiggs is approaching. Peaches Bair is her bread and butter against jiggs. Her uair can kill jiggs around 60% at the least. Also peaches turnip>nair as a finisher works well on jiggs. Overall peach has a solid advantage over jiggs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
saying peach vs. jiggs is in peach's favor is like saying sheik vs. jiggs is in sheik's favor.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/never+go+full+******+tropic+thunder+never+go+full+retard_7f2fae_212781.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom