• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soldiers of the Wasteland

t00t0l

Smash Rookie
It's a shame I can't just post this as an attachment, as the blog is a piece of crap...

Anyway, its a story, its long. It probably sucks. It's not all by me...

Sorry I'm tired. D:! Comment/criticise please....

EDIT: I hereby claim my first post on these forums as epic since I forgot to post the link...

http://soldiersofthewasteland.blogspot.com/

As I state on the site, I know its a Dragonforce song. Consider it a compliment to them that I am using their title for my story. Or take it as a sign that I am lazy...your choice...

orintemple

Smash Lord
I see nothing. Are you gonna post the lyrics to the Dragonforce song and say you wrote them?!

Plagarism is BAD!

t00t0l

Smash Rookie
There is a distinct possibility that I simply used that title cause it sounds cool, and it does not in fact have any relevance to the story.

>_>.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The formating makes it a lot longer than it is. I'd consider either going down in font size or making the page stretch a bit more. It'll make it less scary to readers.

Other than that, the description is really powerful and really well done. But, you have some issues:

"In this timeless world, the only infinity is the desert. Vast and immeasurable, a wasteland of burning stars that twinkle invitingly to unwary eyes."

The second sentence is a fragment and pretty much means that any editor reading it will decline you for publication. Try adding a colon (:) or a hyphen (--) and that should fix that issue really quick. I'll add more later.

t00t0l

Smash Rookie
It's things like that we are looking to fix. (My writing is in green btw if I haven't mentioned it.) I'll see what I can do to fix the formatting. It would be much easier if I could just post the file...but oh well.

Top Bottom