• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soling with Pikmin?

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
Hey guys, I've started plating Olimar again, as I havn't done so in a few months, and when I got back to it I lost completely the basic playstyle of playing him. In doing so I started toying with the idea of relying just on one pikmin at a time (generally my fat friend purple) and Olimars tils/jab to carry me through, so far it seems to be going pretty well and catches people off guard but I'm wondering should I continue down this route or is it nothing short of a gimmick that people won't fall for long? I'd appreciate feedback as I intend to get back to playing Olimar.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Why would you only use one? You hinder yourself if you wanna throw it since you gotta wait for it to return?

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
You're also hindering your versatility and making your smash attacks leave you defenseless for much longer.

I wouldn't bother at all trying to play with just one pikmin.

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
I'm not claiming to have unearthed the trick to a perfect Olimar, I was just wondering is it worth doing occasionally, I used just a purple for an entire stock against a few captain falcons, and it seems like a fairly effective method of dealing with what is already a hard match-up. I haven't tried it on many other match ups granted.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm not claiming to have unearthed the trick to a perfect Olimar, I was just wondering is it worth doing occasionally, I used just a purple for an entire stock against a few captain falcons, and it seems like a fairly effective method of dealing with what is already a hard match-up. I haven't tried it on many other match ups granted.
Just use more than one purple, it makes using a Pikmin much safer.

Top Bottom