• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

solomar

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
yeah i am epaleptic and all of the pikmin colours give me seizures so when i start i throw all of my pikmin off the edge and use solomar, which should be gawd tier ftw

ima make a quik guide right nao, (my bro said solo olimar is cheap lul)

his only moves that hit:
f-tilt
up-tilt
down-tilt
neutral A
neutral air
dash attack
ledge attack
get up attack

solomar combos:
d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt up-tilt n-air
d-tilt d-tilt neutral A
i think dash attack up-tilt neutral air

mind games:
mind gameing with all of olimars "pikmin attacks" can sometimes prove to be quite useful
it has the same effect as an empty short hop but better so they spot dodge, blok, or air dodge and u can punish them for it
dac up smash makes him glide a bit further and i can use up tilt after it

edge hogging:
i have discovered that FS and edge hogging are his best hopes for ko's
as many olimar players must already no his up b is good for edge hogging to renew the frames of invincibility

f-tilt:
his forward tilt is the best he has for edge guarding and it ko's at about 150% if u are close to the edge and also it is super kool attack cause he drop kiks people

d-tilt:
d-tilt is not good for edge gaurding since it sends them upwards it is good for comboing and crawling, also hits twice

up-tilt:
up tilt is good for jugling and for follow ups especially after n-air

n-air:
n-air is also good for jugling plus its the only aerial att that hits i have ko'ed with it at about 200%-250% after knockin them up with up-tilt also since it is a n-air its hitboks stays a while so it is hard to air dodge

neutral-A:
neutral-a is a good follow up move and can hit 4 times thanks to the anteanae im not gonna use for pikmin anyway, i use it after neutral air d-tilt and sometimes up tilt it has truthfully saved my *** sometimes because the second hit also hits behind solomar

up-B:
dont be fooled up-b is actually a descent recover as long as u have ur second jump first
as previously stated it is also good for quik edgehogging

down-B:
down b does more than call bak useless seizure enducing pikmin but it also has frames for super armor rite b4 his pretty colored whistle that also give me seizures use this to save ur ***

recovering:
though recovering is not olimars forte i have found some obvious things to help recovery since olimar is so vulnerable off of the stage make sure to down-B to save u from death when sent flying sometimes DIing with up air is more useful so u can get back to the stage also if possible try to land on the stage to avoid edge hogs after point hop(up-b), obviously try to foot stool ur opponent to recover and edge hog, possibly a FS after down-B

Foot Stooling is probably the most important thing for solomar

Stages:
I find battle field semi useful for the platforms to avoid enemy atts
smashville for the saving platform
yoshi's island for the support ghosts
castle siege for hard enemy gimps and cheap ko's from weak atts from walk out sides
delfino plaza for the same reasons as castle siege
distant planet cause its solomar's stage and for cheap walk off kills and hard for enemys to gimp and f-tilting into the bulborbs mouth

best match ups:
link
gannon
zelda
space aminals
ivysaur
ZSS

worst match ups:
pit:help:f-tilt him then edge hog try to FS then gimp his ***got wings
ROB:help:try to keep off ground
MK:help:none ever
kirby:help:down-b his b-air for less gimp
ddd:help:same as kirby
peach:help:FS

NO im not kidding this is serious and i am SERIOUSLY seconding solomar any questions or comments plz let me kno

THANK YOU

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I seriously main a 2 pikmin Olimar called Duomin.

Whoever needs to play with more then 2 pikmin needs to learn how to use their pikmin better. >.>

Trust me, using less pikmin makes you use more tilts and not sit there spamming Fsmash as an edgeguard... it makes you think outside the box, you abuse down-B more, and overall become a better player.

Now on topic:

No such thing as worst matchups, and take Peach off. Peach is far to easy >.>

(Has beaten MenoUnderwater with my Duomin :3 ... its seriously not hard to beat a good Peach with Olimar... up-B/usmash > all of peach's aerial approaches basically)

KBM

Smash Ace
i can't believe you made a serious post about solomar, and why would you only have 2 pikmin =__=

pikmin throw is basically the most standard move. you would definitely want six.

in addition, should your opponent manage to kill your duo pikmin, why wouldn't you want to have more ready?

idk, maybe im just trolling

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
but i have no pikmin which makes those 2 moves useless
EDIT:solomar is serious and fun i love it and it really does take skill this is the best stuff i can think of off the top of my head

SuSa

i can't believe you made a serious post about solomar, and why would you only have 2 pikmin =__=

pikmin throw is basically the most standard move. you would definitely want six.

in addition, should your opponent manage to kill your duo pikmin, why wouldn't you want to have more ready?

idk, maybe im just trolling
1. To be different
2. Takes more skill (arguably)
3. Pull more? I can survive with no pikmin before. (Beat my friends ROB, too bad I had to get him to 253% first....to kill him with FTILT! lol) (thank the pikmin gods for down-B SA frames....)
4. Hate having more ready.

5. It's a mindgame within itself :laugh:

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
:
1. To be different
3. Pull more? I can survive with no pikmin before. (Beat my friends ROB, too bad I had to get him to 253% first....to kill him with FTILT! lol) (thank the pikmin gods for down-B SA frames....)

agree'd:shyguy:
EDIT:also i dont kno if i mentioned but his melee atts actually have very good priority, i have broken things....

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
solomar sounds better to me, but i didnt kno so my bad

and nao his recovery is even better =D

nobody will think its stupid when i win with him, which i have

peeup

Smash Lord
1. To be different
Okay... being different in this kind of situation if it isn't going to help you.
So? In a competitive environment (which I assume that you're in because you're at smashboards) you can't john and say "but the character that I'm playing is harder!" when you lose.
Yeah... its much easier when you can kill people in the hundreds when you actually have pikmin out. I'm not saying that its impossible to survive without any pikmin, but it sure helps to be less predictable and to do more damage.
...lolwut? I hate having two clips of ammo in case my first clip gets used up. I hate having a backup cord on my parachute in case my first one doesn't work. I hate having some of my savings in the bank in case the stock market crashes. See where I'm going with this?
This is somewhat legit, except for the fact that despite the fact that it is a mindgame within itself, you become much more predictable when your 2 pikmin die and you are limited to 5-ish attacks. Plus, you can't grab, which is pretty much Olimar's biggest asset.

Dear God, I hope you're just a troll. If not, we have another idiot representing Olimar...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
if you wanna "be different", main Snake but focus on his smash attacks.

you'd be gimping yourself by about the same margin.
I've done that before. That is so freaking fun. It's like spamming Falcon punch, but grounded.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
you sound like an idiot calling nolimar solomar. you can't just interchange established names as you see fit if you want to be taken seriously. Although perhaps you don't...

that being said, I love nolimar too. whenever Im up a few stocks I'll just play pikminless for the hell of it. Your guide should include damage percents and useful notes/practical applications of each nolimar move. For instance, ftilt is his only kill move. Also ff nair flows nicely into an utilt or ftilt if you can tell what side they're on.

I'd like to see some videos of your nolimar too if you have the means to post a few.

Anyway its always nice to see a fellow nolimar enthusiast. keep it up

EDIT: pikminless upb can also sweetspot the ledge and has a surprisingly long range.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I'm confused, does Kira mean Nolimar or Solomar/unomar (unomar being the better version)?

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I seriously main a 2 pikmin Olimar called Duomin.

Whoever needs to play with more then 2 pikmin needs to learn how to use their pikmin better. >.>

Trust me, using less pikmin makes you use more tilts and not sit there spamming Fsmash as an edgeguard... it makes you think outside the box, you abuse down-B more, and overall become a better player.

Now on topic:

No such thing as worst matchups, and take Peach off. Peach is far to easy >.>

(Has beaten MenoUnderwater with my Duomin :3 ... its seriously not hard to beat a good Peach with Olimar... up-B/usmash > all of peach's aerial approaches basically)
It's been a few months since I was last here but it's interesting to hear about the Duomin. But I bet it's no match for my Unolimar, one Pikmin is all you need, I remember when I first proposed it to these boards. Good to see these ol' boards much more accepting of ideas (even if they are only for the "Lulz").

I'm so tempted to post a Unolimar guide... there is a few trickies he can do. It's a shame I don't know how to post up videos... Oh wells...

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
i might be able to post vids but it would take a while, and im not TRYING to rename nolimar, I PERSONALY perfer solomar, since he is solo, so plz enough of that -.-

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
wtf? i understand the mind games thing but other than that i see absolutely no point in working with less than the max amount of pikmin you can get out. Its like saying well instead of going to the olympics im going to cut off my legs so i can go compete at the special games. its just stupid

SuSa

wtf? i understand the mind games thing but other than that i see absolutely no point in working with less than the max amount of pikmin you can get out. Its like saying well instead of going to the olympics im going to cut off my legs so i can go compete at the special games. its just stupid
When you lose with 6 pikmin, and 3 stock with 1-2 pikmin, you know theres something going on there.

:mewtwo:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Hell yes Solomar!

I KOed my brother's Snake with Solomar. It was delicious.

Top Bottom