• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some gameplay footage against high tier Sheik.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I recorded some footage against a, in my opinion, good sheik.
May be useful for somebody, I thought it's entertaining enough to share.

Also 1 video against his Kirby:

The ending was pretty surprising.

For best quality, please watch the videos in 1080p60 for smooth 60 frames per second.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Nice and good fun! Samus hits very hard relative to Sheik, I don't think it's that bad a matchup.

One comment: when you have chased Sheik (or any other character) in the low-air to the point where they use the 2nd jump, and they decide to land on stage, you should simply charge shot them immediately. In this game, landing on stage = death against Samus, particularly landing mid-close range there's just no damn time to react and the land lag is so huge.
You can do this from across the stage with good timing and characters with no options (Sheik can bouncing fish maybe saving her and up-B).
People are just waking up to exactly how bad ass the charge shot is in this game. You can really force an edge-based recovery or a clutch up-B to save their lives.

I would also charge shot the ball of fluff if he comes at you straight on in the air. :p

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I know it's early for tier lists, but the most recent Japanese list is invoking a lot of questions. Do you think Samus deserves bottom tier?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I'm no expert, but one thing I've found is that Samus d-air spike seems to be out prioritized by Sheik's u-air so that is something to avoid.

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
I know it's early for tier lists, but the most recent Japanese list is invoking a lot of questions. Do you think Samus deserves bottom tier?
I think the main reasons they rate her so low is cause she a punishable jab, slow shield grab and react-able roll so she has to just eat safe short hop pressure and that makes her defense suffer. Then when samus is on offense you can shield grab any miss spaced aerial and the ones you can can be short hop punished cause of slow grab startup.

With all that said i still think samus fights a lot of the mid tiers evenly you just have to work a bit harder to stay in your favorable position. Just avoid good fox players at all costs...the horror.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff. I would use homing missiles more. Dash pivot > homing missiles are great bread and butter for her in this game because of the spacing options. also normal plasma shots in between missiles. great way to punish wake-ups, landing, and just generally stopping momentum.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I think the main reasons they rate her so low is cause she a punishable jab, slow shield grab and react-able roll so she has to just eat safe short hop pressure and that makes her defense suffer. Then when samus is on offense you can shield grab any miss spaced aerial and the ones you can can be short hop punished cause of slow grab startup.

With all that said i still think samus fights a lot of the mid tiers evenly you just have to work a bit harder to stay in your favorable position. Just avoid good fox players at all costs...the horror.
Good Fox/Diddy is my worst match-up by far. I'm looking for reliable secondaries to cover that...

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
Good Fox/Diddy is my worst match-up by far. I'm looking for reliable secondaries to cover that...
When i first started this game i was avoiding zero suit cause i heard she was brain dead but thats just peoples salt talkin. She definitely gets way more chances to live than most characters but her spacing game is now as fun for me as Samus', i like having both of them in my arsenal to cover matchups.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Great videos, I really enjoyed them. I think you have a good way of using grabs, great ledge play, and on the second video, landed some pretty good grabs. I also noticed that you don't use Charged Beam that much. I consider that being good, not spamming so much and getting predictable, but if I felt there were some pretty good chances to land some KOs with the Beam. I don't know, either way, good video. And the quality was great too. I'm definitely taking some pointers.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Charge shot is one of the best abilities in the game. The variety and sheer multitude of mind games made possible by that fully charged blue ball of death are astonishing and should not be underestimated or ignored. Almost all of my kills with Samus come as direct result of using that move.

Top Bottom