• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

some mk techs

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I don't have sound where I am right now, so I assume you were talking to explain what was going on. The only thing I saw you do was perform grabs to get the opponent off of the edge and then finishing them with a Shuttle Loop. While this is known, there may not be many people utilizing it well. You had Snake set to 100% damage, yet this can kill as low as 70%. If there's more, I missed it.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I don't have sound where I am right now, so I assume you were talking to explain what was going on. The only thing I saw you do was perform grabs to get the opponent off of the edge and then finishing them with a Shuttle Loop. While this is known, there may not be many people utilizing it well. You had Snake set to 100% damage, yet this can kill as low as 70%. If there's more, I missed it.
ok yes i did have sound me mumbling what i was doing =D yeh i just went to 100 cuase its easy in the begining iwas demonstrating what i called glide grabbing where it slides to enemy and gran em prolly already know but w/e. thanks for watching my video

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
OH! Yeah, that's also known, but I think even less people make use of that. I don't know if many people realize that MK (possibly other characters, too) slides so much when doing a dashing grab. It's extremely useful since it extends the range of his grab by a lot.

Sorry for not realizing what you were trying to show.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
OH! Yeah, that's also known, but I think even less people make use of that. I don't know if many people realize that MK (possibly other characters, too) slides so much when doing a dashing grab. It's extremely useful since it extends the range of his grab by a lot.

Sorry for not realizing what you were trying to show.
yeh thats what i though that it was known but not widely used its very nifty extends his range a lot.

Finkledoodoo

Smash Cadet
dash slide towards the edge, up throw, your opponent will DI towards the middle, dash past your opponent and shuttle loop.

it sends them back past the edge and they never saw it coming, works at least once against anyone you play. best part is that if you miss, you can attack out the glide. it's funzees for mk!!! it's a little easier and safer than what you're tryin bud ;)

laterz!

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
That may be true, but doing a fthrow > shuttle loop will often work even if you're opponent is expecting it. Other than a very nicely timed air dodge or a mistake on your part, there's very little they can do.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
is this a serious vid? lololol

Ur moonwalking dash is just a dash grab, and the shuttle loop (Up B recovery) is known as a kill move. U dont have to throw them, u can jsut be next to them on the ground and do it. You might want to take that vid off b4 a lot of ppl start making fun of u and stuff

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
is this a serious vid? lololol

Ur moonwalking dash is just a dash grab, and the shuttle loop (Up B recovery) is known as a kill move. U dont have to throw them, u can jsut be next to them on the ground and do it. You might want to take that vid off b4 a lot of ppl start making fun of u and stuff
im not a hardcore smasher ok i just though i might show someone something .

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
He may not have demonstrated his point well, but I feel like what he showed isn't known enough among the community. Meta Knight has one of the best dash grabs in the game. He slides a lot when dashing into a grab whereas someone like Marth almost completely loses all momentum in comparison.

Also, the throw to a Shuttle Loop is an easy way for extremely low kills, even on heavy characters.

No need to make fun of him.

rabbitgod

Smash Rookie
How do you do the glide thing? The only way i know of that allows you to glide s upB, how are you doing it in the vid?

Top Bottom