• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some stuff for you guys.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Against Marth, save your 2 min fart for the Guaranteed kill. When Marth is recovering, you have enough time to go below the stage, follow him, and when you get to a certain point, use it. Marth has absolutely no choice but to up B. At which point, you will super armor it, and knock him in the air when he is above you (That rocket fart thing.), and it will either A, stage spike him or B, kill kill him. It's extremely hard to tech.

Against marth, if he Fullhop Fairs your shield, you can Buffer Uair out of shield. This is done by Tilting up on the control stick, and sliding your finger from jump to A, much like a Nair OOS. The punish is 100%.

If you throw the bike near the stage, and some body is trying to edgeguard you, just Up B. The move lasts so much longer as you are trying to penetrate the bike, which means you shouldn't try to sweet spot the ledge while your bike is near there.

It's possible to have 4 tires out if you break your bike with the two previous tires. It's advantageous against characters like DDD, for they can't CG you.

With the Japanese Rhythm CG technique, the one I use for Falco among others, you can infinite every character in the game except marth and Zelda on PS1 inbetween those two rocks.

If Snake is in Shield and you don't have any idea what to do cause he has a grenade, throw a tire at him.

When snake is recovering, follow him, don't attack him. Just let him land with you. You'll land first, and that's much more safe than attempting to guess if he is going to attack or Airdodge.

If MK is parading your life with Uair, and you can't get in with Dair, then try Nair. Nair flattens your hitbox, and you're able to actually get a good punish if he expects you to Dair.

Getting pivot grabbed a lot? Nair instead of Dair. and don't fast fall it.

Tires vs DDD are almost unfair. Dthrow tire to Instant Uthrow Tire to Grab, 1 pummel, Dthrow to Fart is a combo. and it's not even situational, you wouldn't believe how many times that happens.

Have a tire in your hand? Wario is one of the only characters that can create a very nasty block string, by throwing the tire down in front of your opponent, clapping the back of their shield, and the tire will knock their shield right back to you, and you can get away with pretty much anything, Fsmash, grab, bite, whatever, you name it.

The Bike and it's tires are very good on the following stages:
Frigate,
PS1

Not nearly as good on:
FD

And finally.
Here are a list of some characters, with your best and worst stages.

Character: Best/worst

MK: Smashville and Frigate/FD, BF.
Snake: BF/Castle Siege
Falco: FD, Pokemon Stadium/BF
DDD: BF/Ps1, FD
Marth: BF, SV/FD, Yoshi's, Lylat.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I knew a lot of this already but it's really good stuff

You can also dthrow regrab mk (and some others) on the sv platform when it's going the right direction then grab release to waft or clap (mk only)

Also if Marth full hop fairs you can crawl under then punish with waft (according to fiction)

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
ill use this thread to dump my random wario knowledge as i remember it all

for starters:
uhh, on PS2 try dthrowing on the conveyor belt, ****s funny

bite people through platforms when they are shielding, seriously why doesnt anyone do this? they are pretty muched forced to roll then they are conditioned to do so and you can start mixing it up with claps

stop clapping shields from under platforms

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Against Marth, save your 2 min fart for the Guaranteed kill. When Marth is recovering, you have enough time to go below the stage, follow him, and when you get to a certain point, use it. Marth has absolutely no choice but to up B. At which point, you will super armor it, and knock him in the air when he is above you (That rocket fart thing.), and it will either A, stage spike him or B, kill kill him. It's extremely hard to tech.

If it won't stagespike him, it probably won't outright kill him unless he's at some really high percentage. Then again, why is he recovering so awkwardly that you have the time to get below him and fart his upb. That's not guaranteed, that's just downright terrible spacing. I'm not saying he should recover way high, but I can tell you that unless he DIed something horribly, he's gonna make it back fairly safe.

Against marth, if he Fullhop Fairs your shield, you can Buffer Uair out of shield. This is done by Tilting up on the control stick, and sliding your finger from jump to A, much like a Nair OOS. The punish is 100%.

True, but it doesn't make the MU all that much easier. FH spacing by Marth against Wario is rather meh. Even if he does a retreating perfectly spaced fair tipper on your shield, he's in a terrible position.

If you throw the bike near the stage, and some body is trying to edgeguard you, just Up B. The move lasts so much longer as you are trying to penetrate the bike, which means you shouldn't try to sweet spot the ledge while your bike is near there.

Makes sense enough.

It's possible to have 4 tires out if you break your bike with the two previous tires. It's advantageous against characters like DDD, for they can't CG you.

Only if you are fulltime busy with keeping all of them bouncing. Tires are great against DDD, taking out the bike and breaking it is awfully risky against DDD, let alone breaking 2 bikes.

With the Japanese Rhythm CG technique, the one I use for Falco among others, you can infinite every character in the game except marth and Zelda on PS1 inbetween those two rocks.

Probably correct. Situational and shouldn't ever happen, but correct.

If Snake is in Shield and you don't have any idea what to do cause he has a grenade, throw a tire at him.

Why? You trade a tire for some shield damage, I thought it was an accepted fact that that's a bad trade?

When snake is recovering, follow him, don't attack him. Just let him land with you. You'll land first, and that's much more safe than attempting to guess if he is going to attack or Airdodge.

C4 reverse > bair says hi. If you want to be safe all the time, you can get outwitted. You must commit to attacking at times, if only to show you're willing to do it.

If MK is parading your life with Uair, and you can't get in with Dair, then try Nair. Nair flattens your hitbox, and you're able to actually get a good punish if he expects you to Dair.

Only if you predict your opponent messing up...

Getting pivot grabbed a lot? Nair instead of Dair. and don't fast fall it.

That, or stop being predictable with your landings, regardless of with which aerial you perform them with.

Tires vs DDD are almost unfair. Dthrow tire to Instant Uthrow Tire to Grab, 1 pummel, Dthrow to Fart is a combo. and it's not even situational, you wouldn't believe how many times that happens.

Dthrow to fart?

Have a tire in your hand? Wario is one of the only characters that can create a very nasty block string, by throwing the tire down in front of your opponent, clapping the back of their shield, and the tire will knock their shield right back to you, and you can get away with pretty much anything, Fsmash, grab, bite, whatever, you name it.

No comment.

The Bike and it's tires are very good on the following stages:
Frigate,
PS1

Not nearly as good on:
FD

You're forgetting Delfino.

And finally.
Here are a list of some characters, with your best and worst stages.

Character: Best/worst

MK: Smashville and Frigate/FD, BF Frigate is awful.
Snake: BF/Castle Siege BF? What? Where's Delfino, Frigate and SV?
Falco: FD, Pokemon Stadium/BF FD against Falco. Sounds GREAT.
DDD: BF/Ps1, FD Yoshi's is worse than FD.
Marth: BF, SV/FD, Yoshi's, Lylat. No comment.

Comments in bold, I'm very mean today.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Lots of interesting stuff here! I would be reeeeally interested in the Japanese Rhythm CG Technique, I have a hard time CG'ing Falco and I love rhythm stuff haha.

A question about the Dthrow tire -> Instant Uthrow tire -> Grab 1 pummel -> Dthrow -> FINISH HIM! combo though. How do you have time to Dthrow the tire, and then instantly Uthrow it? It is "instant", but Wario's item throw animations are really quite long (especially his upwards one!). Seems to me like you would get grabbed if the D3 player was paying attention. EDIT: but then again, wouldn't the tire just come down and hit him if he tried to chaingrab you? Best he could do is maybe Utilt or Bthrow.

The block string is really awesome haha, for some reason I never thought to do something like that! I usually will do a Nair if they block the hits, it has a pretty good chance of shield poking and you can maneuver away to avoid being punished.

Do you think finishing the string on their shield with a fully charged Waft would break their shield? That would be so awesome! Okay let's say it does break their shield... what would be the best thing to hit em with? Fully charged Fsmash? If you have a tire, you can jump above them and Z drop the tire -> ff Nair -> Tire hits, weak Nair hits -> Fsmash. Pretty sick eh? xD a legit combo (in training mode at least)

Asa

Smash Hero
ill use this thread to dump my random wario knowledge as i remember it all

for starters:
uhh, on PS2 try dthrowing on the conveyor belt, ****s funny

bite people through platforms when they are shielding, seriously why doesnt anyone do this? they are pretty muched forced to roll then they are conditioned to do so and you can start mixing it up with claps

stop clapping shields from under platforms
this

started doing this recently, it's great

Lord Chair

Smash Master
They can also jump. Only way for you to counter it is by reading it and its timing. SH FF uair leaves you with a larger time window to react to jumps than FH Bite.

Padô

Smash Lord
I'm taking DDD to FD from now on. I do extremely ****ing damn well on that stage against DDD, I'd rather take'em there then taking them to Frigate/BF/YI where they can camp you below a platform where you can't do **** about it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I'm taking DDD to FD from now on. I do extremely ****ing damn well on that stage against DDD, I'd rather take'em there then taking them to Frigate/BF/YI where they can camp you below a platform where you can't do **** about it.
you sound mad :oneeye:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
also i need to see a vid of you gimping marth before i believe that **** LOL
Here's the situation: the Marth's used his DJ, and has no choice to go under the ledge and upB, and you know it. This situation usually happens when you hit him with Ftilt/smash at around 100% and he barely lived, but had to use his DJ to survive, so he won't make it back without using upB.

At this point, you may be on the other side of the stage, so your only chance to hit him is just as he upB's. The only thing you can use is a full-charged waft. As I said, he has no option other than to upB, or he's dead. Now, when this happens, you'll get hit by the upB, but you will be saved by super armor. The Marth won't get hit by the horizontal hitbox of waft because of his invincibility. However, since he goes straight up and above you, Marth gets hit by the vertical hitbox of the waft, and dies. I've done this numerous times. They usually don't expect it so they aren't prepared to DI it properly.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Again, you're expecting your opponent to mess up.

The secondary hitbox of the fully charged waft doesn't kill that well, especially if you all the way below ledge-level.

Then again, if he doesn't have his DJ and he's recovering low, why waste a waft instead of just edgehogging?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Again, you're expecting your opponent to mess up.

The secondary hitbox of the fully charged waft doesn't kill that well, especially if you all the way below ledge-level.

Then again, if he doesn't have his DJ and he's recovering low, why waste a waft instead of just edgehogging?
No one's perfect.

And yes, it does.

If they're THAT low, then yea, an edgehog would suffice. If they're high enough to where they'll barely make it on stage, then you can use the waft.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
I love the rising hitbox in all, but yeah, just 'hog and hit his laggy *** afterward if you have to. You might be able to even move passed him onstage and hit him back off with nair/bair and repeat iunno. I've lost a set trying this waft thing, well edgeguarding marth with fullwaft that is, because I did it too late and got stage spiked at like 50.

Why the hate on FD vs. Meta?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
It's easier for MK to wall out Wario on FD. I lost a close set to Jem last tourney I was at (January Gameclucks), last stage was FD. We both agreed that FD kinda sucked, he's a really great player and walled me out really effectively. Couldn't even touch him xD I'm really starting to love BF and of course the tried n true SV.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No, MK walls better on BF. Neutrals are Wario's best choice against him, but I don't think you can say any one of them is superior to the other.

Fair enough, walling may be annoying. At the same time, platforms offer you something to work with, and make landing a rather more forgiving thing to do. Preference is preference on this matter, but FD really isn't that bad. You just got outplayed.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's easier for MK to wall out Wario on FD. I lost a close set to Jem last tourney I was at (January Gameclucks), last stage was FD. We both agreed that FD kinda sucked, he's a really great player and walled me out really effectively. Couldn't even touch him xD I'm really starting to love BF and of course the tried n true SV.
FD is prob Wario's best neutral against MK.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I might as well dump some stuff too...

FD is Wario's 100% best stage against MK. he deals with platforms waaay better than Wario does so dont even go there.
The only stage that comes close to as good as FD vs MK is SmashVille, and thats because its the same as FD except with the addition of grab release on platforms.

when a Marth is recovering, in my opinion your two best options are to grab the ledge and punish his onstage lag(if he makes it back onstage) or just dash attack when he UpBs. its a guaranteed trade if you time it right, both of you get knocked slightly, except that YOU are expecting the trade, and Marth isnt. so you can quickly follow it up if you are at low%. If you dont time the dash attack well, then you wont get hit. If you get hit, Marth will 100% sure get hit too, and he doesnt get his DJ back bcos you hit him before he gets the ledge. Marth will either panic UpB again or try to DJ, fall a bit lower, and then you get a free edgehog or you chase with fair. at high % you just get knocked too far away to do anything but I dont think the trade would even hit you offstage (other side) until like 180% or something. the only person I've seen ever TRY to do this is Blue Rogue.
Its a really good mixup against a recovering Marth.

if you knock Snake offstage at low % with a fair or something, just go to the edge and bite. he will most likely DJ into you and get thrown off the stage with no second jump, forced to recover low(free waft or bite his cypher) his nair would trade and he'll still get bitten, and his bair cant hit you. if he airdodges, then just jump away.

Delfino isnt bad for tires. just throw them down. glidetoss shenanigans still work just as well. and on the moving part where the platforms slant on either side, if you dthrow a tire on the platform it bounces over to the next platform, bounces upwards, then bounces along the stage again. I ALWAYS use that because you throw a tire, it disappears off the screen and then comes bouncing along the stage about 3 seconds later, great for a combo breaker or a surprise attack on your opponent (kinda like a boomerang where they never know it's coming back)

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Yeah, FD is my favorite cp along with frigate for meta. Uthrow them into a bad position all day. I wanna know why Sky ranked it terrible...

the only person I've seen ever TRY to do this is Blue Rogue.
lolo and that's when I did it on not-purpose. I guess it works if you don't have enough time to get to the edge, but iunno if it actually works consistently.

MASKY can I get a link or somethin for that avatar?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
if you knock Snake offstage at low % with a fair or something, just go to the edge and bite. he will most likely DJ into you and get thrown off the stage with no second jump, forced to recover low(free waft or bite his cypher) his nair would trade and he'll still get bitten, and his bair cant hit you. if he airdodges, then just jump away.
Lulz theorycraft. You are a bit right, but a bit off at the same time. The thing is, you won't knock him off with a fair at low percent, cause fair doesn't send him anywhere at low percent. If you're thinking of 50% or so, then you're still expecting him to mess up.

'He will most likely do something entirely predictable and unsafe'.

Dude, *****. Really. Just stop already. DJing back onstage straight away would just be stupid.

If he jumps back with an airdodge and you Bite him, then he WILL get his DJ back since you'll Bite his landing. He won't jump back with an uair or nair or whatever, that's just stupid. Then again, even if he would jump back with nair it'd beat out Bite. It's disjointed enough to do that, believe me (also, it'll hit you from below so it'll beat it out anyway, just don't ever try to BITE nairs).

Oh, he could also jump back with a nade. Biting that won't ever ensure a gimp, regardless of who has the higher port. Either the nade knocks him up, or you're just messing up yourself (trading 2% for 12 or something like that, and handing him his stage control back).

Though I could say all that, I could also say that decent Snakes will do smarter things and retreating DJ upB. Really, it's relatively safe in terms of completely ruling out gimps.

if he airdodges, then just jump away.
BITE AND JUMP AWAY AT THE SAME TIME THAT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE

B.Mack

Smash Ace
retreating DJ Upb is silly. it put snake in the position they never like. Trying to land on stage from high up.

I wasnt even theorycrafting. I've seen it happen a lot of times. A lot of this game is about KNOWING your opponents options and identifying them as fast as possible so you can react to it. Simply saying "oh lol, evey opponent I'm ever gonna play is absolutely frame perfect and will always pick the "safe" option in every situation" <- is very dumb. and you do that a lot Chair.

YES, I'm counting on my opponent ****ing messing up, if they didnt mess up I'd never get a hit.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's awesome when stuff works that shouldn't haha. Nobody's perfect. My old roommates were really good. I mean super ****. They SDI'ed outta every combo, were really freaking good with tires and especially gimping Wario. Hella annoying. I had to work really freakin hard to get cool stuff on them!

When I went up to WA for the last Gameclucks tournament, nobody was used to the specific playstyle I used, since they have 2 other Warios up there (toobusy and Komodo Joe). It was awesome, I got so many cool combos and stuff haha! Recorded em all too xD

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah tbh, you really have no clue as to what I usually note.

I never say 'people will do this because it's the best option', what I usually do is say which sort of positioning gives someone the largest amount of options. Sometimes you're just better off doing certain things because there is no way alternative approaches will turn out better.

Kinda like recovering low against MK on purpose. Yeah sure, it gives you different options, but how many of those are actually worthwhile? DJing back onstage with Snake is kinda in the same category. It's a super high risk, decent reward. I mean sure, if you expect him to DJ upB and you try to like, Bike jump after him in your enthusiasm, sure he's really well off DJing back onstage.

It doesn't work that way in practice. Some situations are simply ruled out because they are in every single way inferior. If you make hard reads, you can do silly stuff, but really that's high level play. 's Like, you can read rolls and run after your opponent and dash grab. That's cool, and realistic.

Rolls are habits though. Doing super special awesome unsafe stuff like DJing back onstage with Snake... if that's a habit then you already lost.

Unless you're not aspiring to play at top level play, you should expect your opponent to know his options, know his matchups, know his timings and not do stupid stuff. If he does mess up, so be it, you can probably exploit it by doing less obvious (and safer) stuff than just pressing B expecting him to jump into it. People mess up, but you can't predict mess-ups.

If you want to play this game expecting people to mess up I'm not going to stop you. Just don't be disappointed when you're getting ***** by consistent players who don't fall for MU gimmicks that don't work at a higher level of play.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
dammit I hate when I get ***** by logic.

regardless, the things I pointed out there are relatively safe for Wario, low risk, high reward, even if they might not work very often, if it works one time out of 15 and you never get punished for it, its still worth it imo. Its not something I would do every game, but if you notice a snake jumping back, you might as well bite him. if you get him before he touches the ground, he doesnt get his DJ back and its a free stock. It can be done on reaction anyways.

Top Bottom