• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some vids - take a look!

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Hey whats up man.

So for starts yes you got tempted but it wasn't bad.
_______

I like to up-tilt to close in on Falcon. I do this much more because unlike the fair it has no weak hit. Versing someone who usually is moving is almost like trying to hit a bulls-eye target in the wind; oh lol it is windy! Another nice thing why you want to use it more to approach is because it has no ending animation lag so you can do another one. If you think he will grab you in the beginning of the second up-tilt if you were to do one then Up-b to the top platform instead and wait your chance to try again. Come down from platform with/out aerial and decide if in retreat ing/offensive fashion.

Lets say your still not closing in/or if this isn't the case, your "mixing it up" ...use sausages. Panning+sauages is especially acceptable vs Falcon. Hes got a big frame. Hes got no disjointed moves. You want to have a good pase of panning and ground positioning from his distance for best.
-If he goes to platforms use moves that go through.

K now we're back to fair. In the vid. you linked fairs. You did this the times you were in range of strong fairs btw; this is preferred. Although its best to use fair 2-3 characters of yourself(not including attack), using fair from farther away like you vid made it a mix up. Just don't try doing them out of temptation.

On your returns from the ledge...can't remember hold up. Got some shield grabs, fairs, wavelands, and I think you just stayed in place once to wait for right reaction. The only thing I didn't see is staying longer on the ledge(patients).
_________

Some quick tips...

-rapid jab to Up-B combos
-pressing b when pan is low repeatedly without fail, results in rapid panning.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
ah i've missed kuya's gnw!

love those yoshi vids lol, never really played that matchup before myself.

don't be afraid to f-air against falcon to put pressure, if you space it right he shouldnt be able to grab you out of shield. also i almost always use n-air to edge-guard falcon. i just feel like falcon has no answer to it, it just covers too much room for him to avoid.

i agree with phenom about u-tilt being hella useful against falcon. always puts him in a nice spot to continue combo'ing.

other than that nice movement and i like the jab reverse grab stuff and combos.

lookin good :p

Top Bottom