• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What is the contest about anyways? : ]

Also, this IS the "something bothering you?" thread, not the "Are you sad?" thread.

Not everything here is sadness, could also be frustration, or confusion.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
What is the contest about anyways? : ]

Also, this IS the "something bothering you?" thread, not the "Are you sad?" thread.

Not everything here is sadness, could also be frustration, or confusion.
Just a contest for free things. If I had any spare money right now I'd just go '**** it' and buy what I want from their site without having to deal with it.

Unfortunately, I'm broke right now. I think that's the frustrating part of it really. I haven't had much money wise since I helped my fiance with his college stuff.
It's also annoying when people are like 'well what are you going to do for me if I do this?'
Gee I dunno, keep doing what I've been doing for the benefit of the site that you're using? Other than that, nothing.

Considering I'm an admin I -could- just make a forum-wide announcement and make topics everywhere, but that's not only an abuse of power, that's hypocrisy. Not really my thing. :\

If you want to take a look, Santo made a thread in the Abode.

and that'd be awesome Tiger :3

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
nervous?

no joke i got an interview at gamestop and i was like 'lol i work for mlg on smashboards'

instant hire

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
naw but ill take anything right now cuz im broke and the economy sucks! its finance in an office...laaame

I'm tryna get on tv! lol i think that would be a realll lunchin career...or art/acting/film

Right now, I'm just working on finding a passion; something i love. I'm drawing, writing, reading...trying to get going with modeling maybe. I don't want to be just another drone in society...BUT THAT **** DOSENT PAY BILLS!!! so its kinda a give and take situation...i could go back to the restaurant business and start raking in 1000 a week like i was. BUT it eats up alllll my time so **** that. And i would burn some of the money on bars after work with coworkers...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Or you can say "**** you" to the bills and, you know, not be another drone in society.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'd rather have money and have a job I don't like. I'll be able to do the things I like with the money.

Reizilla

Spend nearly all time doing something that you dislike, pissing you off and causing you mountains of unnecessary stress... Or you can never work a day in your life...

I choose the latter.

Reizilla

More like never work because you're doing something you like and not trying to make up for a ****ty life with superficial wants while making enough money to keep enjoying yourself.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You sound like a pleasant person to be around.

My job is mediocre but it involves a field I particularly enjoy. I'll take the good with the bad.

Reizilla

So long as you realize that jokes are, just jokes, then yeah, you could say that. Especially if you wanna talk/play "legitimate" music. haha

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
The only 'legit' music I play is the piano stuff I write....and I don't even have a piano anymore. FML

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Oh aww! I went through 4 years without a piano... the minute I got one back I literally played it for like 8 hours straight.

What kind of music do you play?

I still go kinda nuts on that piano... I can play that thing for hours...
I'm not really sure. If I had one I'd record something and post it on here.

Had a digital grand but wasn't allowed to take it with me when I moved out. Offered to pay for it.

Went back to Illinois and tried to take it with me since it's been rotting in the basement for 5 years....idiots lost the plugs and pedals to it. It's useless.

Reizilla

I always wished I learned to play piano when I was younger. I don't think I'd have more fun than playing trumpet though. I couldn't go four years without that! :(

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
My brother, so close to punching him and god knows what else. Literally shaking with rage. Doesn't listen, just stays addicted to the same **** and purposely ****s you over and manipulates you. **** him

Merkuri

Smash Lord
@Queen Killjoy: I feel bad about what i said to you before. If somethings bothering you then I am none to tell you you shouldn't be bothered, I'm an *** when I'm in a bad mood.

I lied to my boss that I had an internship on weekends so that I would only work on weekdays. But now it turns out that I only have 11 hours out of max of 20, and that just won't be enough for me. I'm now going to have to tell my boss tat the company that provides the internship told me they no longer need me on Saturday and ask if I can work no that day. I have to hope that she believes me and that me getting that shift is still possible. *Frustrated groan*

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
I need some ideas from you guys!

Here's the background.
My computer (desktop)
1Gb of Semi-Corrutped RAM,
120GB HD
Bootlegged Vista,
3/5 USB ports are fried (So only two USB ports work)
I don't remeber my processor, or my sound/grafics card, but those are just fine, and good quality.

So basicly here it is.
I'm 15 (going on 16 in Nov)
Althought I have a desktop, I want/need a laptop. I want the "Inspiron 15-1545". Which is like $380 bucks or something. BUT, has an offer for about 15 bucks a month to buy it. Which I can easily do that. However I can't do the straight 380. (I mow lawns for about 20-25 bucks a month), I talked to Dell, and they said to do the $15 bucks a month, I need to be/over 21 years old. So I asked my parents if they can apply and I'll pay them every month, but parents being my parents they said no.
I know for a fact my desktop is on it's last leg right now. And I need a computer for school (lots of speeches, essays, and powerpoints to do) I'm choosing a laptop because I'm not usally home. Most of the time I'm out and about, and having to do my homework at un-godly hours of the night.
Any idea's? I'm pretty sure I thought of everything, but in case I missed something I wanted to ask the boards.

So yeah, thanks for your help guys! :D

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Try to make your parents give in. Just tell them that it won't even be difficult for them to do and that you'll cover the cost 100%.
I tried that.
But their set in, "It's just another bill, another thing to take care of, another thing to worry about blah blah blahh"

><

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Do you have any friends who would be willing to sign it for you? If you're parents are *******s then friends would be your next best bet. How about Uncles or Aunts?

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any friends who would be willing to sign it for you? If you're parents are *******s then friends would be your next best bet. How about Uncles or Aunts?
I was thinking about the friends thing, but most of my adult friends, are brawlers in UCF, (I live in Kissimmee and if you don't know FL, it's like 45-hour drive)
so there would be no way for me to get money down to them (no more paypal, I only have cash)

And All my aunts and uncles are up in WA.

Reizilla

Quit being a little girl and use the library or something. There's no guarantee you'll pay your parents on time.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Do your parents care a lot about your grades? Play the "oh well i wont do well in school" card.
They care, but they know I'll find a way to keep them up
I go to a technecal highschool (PATHS@TECO)
and I have to have a 3.0 to stay in the school, and they know I don't wanna go to Gateway (My "homezoned " school
so they know for a fact I wouldn't put my grade below a B.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, my dad broke his back, got some surgery, and now his boss is ifhgting his comp case. He contacted his lawyer late, so now he might not win the case, and he owes my mom 1.5k child support, which he cannot pay, which needs to pay for bills which my mom can't pay, and slimly pays for our food. Now my dad could be in some legal trouble, possibly jail, and my mom could get in some too. Serious piss in my wheaties. Looks like it's time to start writing some angry rap songs and poetry about being mad at society and the legal system. ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom