• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is just a game. You won't get hired for your fighting game skills. Don't beat yourself up over it. There are significantly more important things to beat yourself up over.
Regardless, it does feel pretty terrible to go "No, because I suck at it" when one of my two awesome friends asks if I want to play Brawl.

Really, no one gets "good enough" on computers alone, but at the same time the rest of the community doesn't want to even be anywhere NEAR a "lol Basic Brawl scrub rofl".

At any rate, I'm doing homework for now. If I'm lucky, I won't remind myself of something Smash-related and get mad/cry over it, thus wasting the time I NEED to have to do the homework.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Dude. You'd be surprised how helpful some pros are to those that are new. I went to my first tourney, and Lambchops was there. I was scared ****less to ask him for Falco help. Then I just sort of approached him and was like "hey do you want to do friendlies." and while we played he gave me really good advice, then he gave me really good advice after the game. You'd be really surprised how how helpful pros want to be.

Illinialex, why are they pissing you off?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Wow. That is incredibly unfair. You should ask them why the hell you are grounded.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Dude. You'd be surprised how helpful some pros are to those that are new. I went to my first tourney, and Lambchops was there. I was scared ****less to ask him for Falco help. Then I just sort of approached him and was like "hey do you want to do friendlies." and while we played he gave me really good advice, then he gave me really good advice after the game. You'd be really surprised how how helpful pros want to be.
I guess I would be surprised.

My competitive community hasn't been all that great, IMO. The absolute BEST I've gotten in the few Smashfests I've been to is "you should main Bowser", and even then I was quickly told by someone else to not take anything the guy says seriously. So I've met my competitive community, and I wasn't convinced that they "wanted" to be all that helpful. Actually, I'm even sure I'm on one guy's bad side, just because I'm being me. What's worse is he runs a couple of the social groups MEANT for the community. So it's kinda like after three Smashfests I've been kicked out... except not.

Really, I don't MEAN to start trouble... it's just I suffer from constant performance anxiety. There's your regular "stage fright" that everyone has, and then there's... me, who almost feels like he's always on stage, either in playing Smash or just talking to people. Sure it sounds like I play it too safe if I mention I've only played about 10 matches in 3 Smashfests against the guys (and the first I just watched everything, seeing as I didn't bring a controller, being the idiot scrub I am). But... am I brave enough to talk about how much I enjoyed Subspace Emissary in a crowded apartment of 15-20 competitive Smashers because it's the only thing I know to talk about? Absolutely NOT.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
So become a well read smasher my friend! Use these boards! read read read! That's what I did for a long time, so I don't sound like an idiot when I talk. I am not a good player by any means, but just reading what other people have to say on these boards helps me learn more about each character and about different play styles. So become well read! Jump into conversations! Don't be scared man!

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Illinialex: my parents did a similar thing to me last year. Everything I did was seen as me stepping out of line or acting out against them. They're just scared because college is a big deal for parents and kids. From their perspective they probably see you going off to college as their "final exam". Just deal with it for now, it'll be over soon.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Illinialex: my parents did a similar thing to me last year. Everything I did was seen as me stepping out of line or acting out against them. They're just scared because college is a big deal for parents and kids. From their perspective they probably see you going off to college as their "final exam". Just deal with it for now, it'll be over soon.
Yeah, but this and the summer is my time to chill out and have fun. And they are ruining it.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm writing a really weird story right now. The entire story is telling the story of basically all of the girls I've dated (which is a lot...this is before I became a Christian <.<;; ), but the entire underlying theme is that my friend Ben is really the relationship I cared about. Basically I'm using the other relationships in my life to show what my relationship with my friend Ben meant to me. It's interesting.

I guess that's not something that's bothering me, is it? Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm having trouble writing it and it's due in three hours...

EDIT: Oh, and it's slightly fictional, but it's mostly real. Like, all of the girls I include are girls I've actually dated, but I'll fudge some of the facts so it sounds better. Artistic license. It's for a fiction class anyway.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
have you had one of those days where it started out great you even think its going to go great but ends up horrible? well that day is today. At my school it was cool we had an assembly it was pretty good (it was the SBO's for next year) it got me pumped cause of the funny vids and skits. well at the end of last period I thought I could do anything so I asked the girl I was crushing on to the J.R. prom and i wasn't just rejected I was told off. :( I feel lousy but its not that it was my whole life you know so don't think I'm about to kill myself but it hurts

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
She told you off? That's stupid. Most girls at least feel bad rejecting a guy to a dance.

We all have those days, just gotta pick yourself up, start the next day like the day before didn't happen. You'll find someone to take to the dance.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Lmao, she told you off? Who does that? Rest assured you are way better off than if she had said "Yes". I can't even imagine the amount of baggage she would be in a relationship.

LLDL

Smash Hero
have you had one of those days where it started out great you even think its going to go great but ends up horrible? well that day is today. At my school it was cool we had an assembly it was pretty good (it was the SBO's for next year) it got me pumped cause of the funny vids and skits. well at the end of last period I thought I could do anything so I asked the girl I was crushing on to the J.R. prom and i wasn't just rejected I was told off. :( I feel lousy but its not that it was my whole life you know so don't think I'm about to kill myself but it hurts
dont sweat it. It hurts, but now you realize what kind of girl she is. Normally, the girl will either just reject you, or actually kind of sympathetically reject. But when they get smart, then you know thta they just dont have the kind of personality you want.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Sounds like one of 'em Popular gurls. They don't only reject you, they make a scene so everyone knows that they are Queen B and every guy likes them. Girls like that are just plain ********, sure half of them are good looking girls that would give out on a first date but it's not fun unless you can keep up with their douchey-ness. Also yeah, most girls do feel bad about it and say I'll think about it then talk to you in private. and if they don't don't even worry. If things get ugly Stand up to it dude, Best advice I can give you is say yeah you liked her. it's so ballsy it will work. Other girls will A) take pity on you for what happened or B) like that your ballsy. Girls love confidence until you over due it and that my friend is not over doing it.
whew, longest thing I've written on smash boards, so I hope you enjoy it.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Stress is starting to get to me. I picked up smoking this week and have started drinking more. Honestly, they don't make me feel worse, but I sure as hell don't feel better. I wish I could say I could pinpoint what has me upset and under pressure, but I think so many things are happening at once now I'm starting to get worn out quickly.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
great news I GOT A DATE yay thanks for the feed back and your right about that girl.

and also takumaru stress will get to you but drinking and smoking aren't ways of doing they are actually worse. you don't want to really get in that boat do you? after there are so many people are trying to get off of it you want to get on? anyways i didn't come here to preach whats right or wrong. if you really feel stressful tell us the reason and try to vent. it might help is all.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Stress is starting to get to me. I picked up smoking this week and have started drinking more. Honestly, they don't make me feel worse, but I sure as hell don't feel better. I wish I could say I could pinpoint what has me upset and under pressure, but I think so many things are happening at once now I'm starting to get worn out quickly.
Don't start smoking. It is a terrible habit to get into and almost an impossible one to get out of. Take it from a smoker that wants to quit very badly. Taku, you need to figure out what things are building up on you now before you slip into serious depression. Depression is something that takes years to come out of. I encourage you to find what things are putting the pressure on you, to quit smoking before it becomes a bad habit, and if you need help, seek it now.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm feeling pretty terrible about life right now. I don't think I've felt this depressed in years. Worst part is is that I have no clue why it's happening. Like I -know- but I couldn't put it into words.

It's actually really bad.

It's been four years since I've been this depressed. This is not good, because I'm not sure if this is going to get better before it gets much, much worse.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The entire human population.

It needs to shut up and die.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
Ok ive got a problem me and my gf have been dating for almost 7month right? but alot of people are saying stuff thats not even true about me and their saying that i supposably did this or that... now everyones got my gf thinking and shes not acting the same anymore and i have talked to her about everything and she says she knows their not telling the truth about me and she told me she needs time to think about everything without people telling her crap.. now what im asking is what can i do to help her out and is there anything i can do? and i really dont want to lose her because of all this..

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Just give her time. If she starts doubting you, remind her why she's with you in the first place.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
1st off no one understands my life not even me, i just with it and play it off. ok i really am insane but i am chaep so i don't go to a dr.(mario for laughts).

but how i am crazy is wierld, it isn't killing people or anything close to that but i have this little }{*** in my head that tuerns happy times into pain and i bring up terrible things that never bugged me before like well i don't want to get into it, but i in short am split in my head(one causes mental pain and the one that counters it) but no one can see it.

i baseily want some advice or something(no asylums/pills). because it is sucks hideing from your mind and loseing the happiness even if i make it up daily by enjoying everything in life

what they say is true about losing your mind, it feels empty and kind of light and there is less of you

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
God ****ign ****it today sucks so god **** ****ing much I'm so sick of putting upw ith so much bull****.

Sorry. i just needed to vent.

Smash Journeyman
I just got a book called "Who Are You and What Do You Want?", it covers what you think it would and it does it well. I've finally realised why I've been discontent with my life for its' entirety, it's because of something I've never had and now that I've realized what that is I feel even more depressed about it. Because of how far from it I am and the little time I've been given to attain it.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I hate my dining hall. Under the cheese on the pizza I got, I discovered a piece of what appeared to be saran wrap, or some form of plastic. I think I may have eaten some of it before realizing this...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I hate my dining hall. Under the cheese on the pizza I got, I discovered a piece of what appeared to be saran wrap, or some form of plastic. I think I may have eaten some of it before realizing this...
that's sucks, but the 'cheese' we get, sticks to the walls!!!! seriously you throw it and it sticks, what the hell . Also after a few days when it dries you throw it on the floor and it bounces 0_o

I hate my schools 'nutritious' reheated food....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom