• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Starting an assignment the day before it's due? Awesome v.v
That's how the PROS do it. I aced AP english back in highschool just doing that:-p.

Feeling stuffed is bothering me, I love eating pizza but hate feeling BLOATED.:-p

Smash Master
I have an exam in less than four hours. It's worth 35% of my grade. I'm not at all prepared. I'm going to break. I'm going to fail and then I'll starve to death on the street. There's no way to rectify this.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't say that, man. Just, go over your notes (or the material you have to study with) make sure you know at least SOME of it, and try to at least get a passing grade, even if it is a C.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Today two years ago is when everything in my life changed. I became a diffrent person. Too long to type out but just thought I would throw that out there. It's also raining today, I hate rain. So gloomy today.

Smash Master
I bit my tongue yesterday and now it's all swollen (and painful) and I keep biting it because it's so swollen that it goes between my upper and lower teeth, and that's only making it worse. I'm going to have to avoid eating for a few days. That's kind of bothering me.

On a more serious note: my academic crisis is critical. I feel like every door is closed. There is absolutely nothing that I can do well enough to be hired for it. I'm going to have to live on the salary provided by unskilled labor while somehow paying off my share of the 30 grand that every U.S. citizen owes. I'll never be able to play a videogame. My diet will consist of Ramen and multivitamins. I'm feeling just about every negative emotion a human can feel right now. There's no solution to this problem; I just feel like venting (again.)

Smash Journeyman
Read some self improvement books 1048576. Particularly ones on procrastination. I haven't gone through all your posts on what's troubling you. But that habit may be what's holding you back.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Today two years ago is when everything in my life changed. I became a diffrent person. Too long to type out but just thought I would throw that out there. It's also raining today, I hate rain. So gloomy today.
I love the rain, I love it when it's gloomy like that, all gray and stuff.

*Is jealous of Cashed*

~rh

Smash Lord
Girl I was chasing for ages is going out with her very... "interesting" best friend as of today. Don't know what to do...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh man.

My new dog basically ate the side of a bin bag and made a big mess.I gave her a rap on the snout and now she wont come near me,its been like 3 days.

I feel like **** because I love animals and having my own pet scared of me is terrible,I really hate animal cruelty and well f**k it anyway!

F**k why did I do it!

This probably sounds really stupid but I cant stop thinking about it.

Ryu Hikaru man that sucks but you have to think positive.Dont wreck yourself over taken women,youll go crazy.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Girl I was chasing for ages is going out with her very... "interesting" best friend as of today. Don't know what to do...
More fish in teh sea. yada yada yada.

Sorry. Anyway, sometimes, **** likethis happens. IF you really like her though don't give up hope just yet! :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I've been wondering something for a while. I've asked friends about this and they're split on the idea. So, I'll ask the internet.

When you want to ask out a girl/guy, should you get to know her/him a bit before asking her/him or ask right away?

For the former, all my friends say that getting to know the girl may cause a friend relationship rather than a boyfriend-girlfriend one. If the latter, you can make a fool out of yourself and you don't want that to hapen.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yes, if you get too deep into the friend "zone"

I find it better to know what you are getting into, but be careful. There are signs when you might be getting too close to being forever a friend.

Remember, you can go on dates and not be boyfriend/girlfriend and its a good way to gauge the other person.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well I've been wondering something for a while. I've asked friends about this and they're split on the idea. So, I'll ask the internet.

When you want to ask out a girl/guy, should you get to know her/him a bit before asking her/him or ask right away?

For the former, all my friends say that getting to know the girl may cause a friend relationship rather than a boyfriend-girlfriend one. If the latter, you can make a fool out of yourself and you don't want that to hapen.
Your friends somewhat speak the truth. The love relationship itself is where the revelation truly begins. You should know more about them before getting married, not getting together. Two completely different matters. If you know everything about a girl and you want to date her, then you might as well skip the dating and go straight to marriage. Am I right?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Your friends somewhat speak the truth. The love relationship itself is where the revelation truly begins. You should know more about them before getting married, not getting together. Two completely different matters. If you know everything about a girl and you want to date her, then you might as well skip the dating and go straight to marriage. Am I right?
Sorry, Heartz, but I completely disagree. Not everyone dates for the same purpose that I do, so I'll outline that first. If I'm in a dating relationship, I'm in it with the intention of seeing whether or not I would like to marry this person. It's a step toward marriage, which may or may not work. For that reason, I don't engage in a dating relationship unless I feel strongly enough that I think that marriage is a realistic possibility.

Now here's where a lot of people are going to say "Well how do you know if marriage is a possibility if you never date them?" That's where getting to know the person comes into play. People seem to forget that long lasting romantic couples are, in reality, best friends. That's the foundation they have. If you date someone that wouldn't be a good friend of yours, you're typically not going to get along with this person very well, and your relationship will probably kick the bucket in about three months, tops. And those relationships also tend to be at least 70% physical anyway, which is never a good idea.

Now, let me ask you: Why do you like this girl? If you don't really know the girl, I'm not sure you've got a legitimate reason. Is it that you find her attractive? Honestly, if that's the case, go to one of California's beaches during the summer and see if you don't find plenty of girls much more attractive. Is it just some gut feeling you get? Try again, because those feelings will increase quickly and die soon unless you've got a real foundation for your relationship. I'm not trying to be a real killjoy here, but I see a lot of people go into relationships with no real reason and end up more lonely and dissatisfied than they were before. Take it from a guy who's dated more girls than he cares to count. That's not me bragging, I'm honestly ashamed (this was before I became a Christian). Since I became a Christian I haven't actually dated a girl. There have been a few girls who shared feelings, but nothing really came to fruition. And I'm glad, honestly, because it kept both of us from heartbreak and frustration we didn't need.

Honestly, where I'm at now, I can't like a girl that I don't know. It just doesn't make sense to me. I need to know a lot more about a girl than her looks or butterflies. Want to know about the girl I like now? From the day I met her, her sincere kindness, pure-heartedness, and devotion to God was evident. Not only this, but she made sure to keep her heart guarded and wasn't just a flirt. I took note of that. As I got to know her better, I realized that we were similar and different in all of the right places. We were similar enough for people to notice, but our weaknesses also matched each other's strengths. Beyond this? We're amazing friends and have great chemistry. Further than that? She's the most absolutely gorgeous girl I've seen in my life, and any trip to California's beaches won't change my mind.

You see, there's a real difference in the way a man pursues a woman. He can do it one of two ways. He can take the role of the real man that a woman is looking for: The one who wants to save the damsel, to really win her over. Or, you could be the boy who elopes with a woman far too soon. And, honestly, consider these options. Think about the stories you've read and the movies you've seen. I'm sure you know enough about the 'Rescuer'. His character is clear. He works hard to achieve the woman he's determined to have, and demonstrates a real, active, powerful love for her. How about the 'Eloper'? Quite the opposite. He's capricious, doesn't know how to control his emotions, and bases the entire elopement on a 'gut feeling'. Consider which of these seems like the nobler path, and which one really makes for a real, long-lasting relationship.

And maybe you're about to say "I'm not necessarily looking for a long-lasting relationship." Fair enough. But she might be. And she might be expecting that from you. She might be wanting a real man to step up and be there for her. And what if you're not up to the task? Then you're just going to break her heart. Are you going to be all right with that when that happens? Because that does happen. Whoever does the breaking up, the woman still feels that way, like she was let down. Do you want to be the coward who backs out at the last minute, merely because he "wasn't looking for a long-term relationship anyway"? That's a weak excuse, if you ask me.

I know this is all 'really intense' or whatever. And sure, it might be. But honestly, I've been in over 20 romantic relationships that have all ended in some sort of heartbreak. And let me tell you, it does damage people and it leads them to really bad places in their lives. That's why I take this so seriously.

So, what I leave you with is this: If you're serious about this girl, get to know her. If you're not, don't break her heart by getting her hopes up. I would agree that becoming her "best friend" immediately, isn't a good idea, however. While I became good and even close friends with the girl I like, I kept enough distance between us so that the nature of our relationship was still 'undefined'. That's the path you've got to take if you're serious about her. And, I hate to say it, but if you're not serious about her, then I'm not sure you're emotionally mature enough to understand just what dating entails. I know that sounded a little harsh, and I'm sorry if it came across that way, but understand I didn't mean that as an attack, but just as a reality check.

I know I'm about to get like 5-10 people criticizing my views on relationships, and feel free to do so. But before you do, consider this: The majority of what I've founded my views on dating on is Biblical and have derived from my church. Within my church, probably 90% of the couples who start dating end up married and stay married--happily, too. That's a far cry from the 50+% divorce rates that are going on in the rest of the world. So, before you critique me and say I'm just being a pain, take good look at those numbers.

EDIT: Wow, I really do see what people mean when they say I write HUGE posts all the time. Maybe I should just stop talking for like a year.

~rh

Smash Lord
More fish in teh sea. yada yada yada.

Sorry. Anyway, sometimes, **** likethis happens. IF you really like her though don't give up hope just yet! :)
True ****. I'm gonna go after her, still. And break them up somehow.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOOL that's not exactly what I meant. I assume you're young. She's probably young. It's highly unlikely she knows what she wants. So just give her time.

Just don't be too disappointed if that time never comes.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Well, you can do that in one of two ways. You can either be a HUGE creep and profess your undying love to her multiple times over (which would be being that guy), or you can be the guy who, very soberly understands that he has definite affections for this girl that he can't change immediately and waits the situation out to see where it goes. If you think there's 'no one else for you', you're going down the wrong path. Even if it's true, don't let that get into your head. It just leads to a bad emotional state for you, and her being creeped out. What you want to do is just realize with a very rational mindset that your feelings are real, legitimate, and aren't going to change anytime soon. For that reason, it would be foolish to suppress your emotions (it would just lead you into a bad place emotionally) and just do what you can to win her over in the meanwhile.

However, you do have to keep in mind that most of what you can do to win her over at this point is just to be a friend to her, to show her (even if she doesn't know what your feelings are for her) that you are respecting where she's at with her feelings and the relationship that she's in, not pressuring her in any way--while at the same time remaining constant in your feelings. And, your ultimate duty to yourself in the meanwhile is, if your feelings for her are fading, to let them fade. If they aren't, simply do nothing. Let all of your emotions be reactionary. Don't tell yourself that you love her, but don't deny it if that's the feeling that arises. Simply, let your mind be neutral and take a very sober evaluation of where you're at.

Hmm...not sure if that helps at all, but really, just try to be neutral on the issue. I'm going through a similar situation (except she's not dating right now), and that's what I'm doing. And, from what I know, there's a decent chance that things could work out in the future. The only mistake I can make is either denying what I feel, or pressuring her by making my romantic interest the only interest I show in her. Does that help at all?

EDIT: Oh, and don't just 'break them up'. That's a bad idea. Firstly, unless he's really a bad influence or choice for her or whatever, then it just shows that you're only looking for what you want, and not for what she wants. If that's the case, you don't like her at all. You just like how she makes you feel, which basically shows that your relationship is going to go nowhere. If you do really like her, I'd say to either just see how things play out and retain some degree of hope, or just seek out what's best for her. Sure it's tough, but that shows whether or not you really have any sort of love for her (and I don't just mean romantic, I also mean friendship, or even just love for her as a human being).

GOD!

Smash Ace
something is bothering me: why do girls always go for guys who are jerks? It seems to me like girls always pick the loudest, dumbest guy in the school, regardless of his looks, and just go for him?
It really bothers me that girls (in high school) always go after the biggest jerks you could ever know. I personally am set with my girl situation, cause there are some girls who are amazing :) and not like others. But most high school girls seem just stupid. That's all...

Frown

poekmon
something is bothering me: why do girls always go for guys who are jerks? It seems to me like girls always pick the loudest, dumbest guy in the school, regardless of his looks, and just go for him?
It really bothers me that girls (in high school) always go after the biggest jerks you could ever know. I personally am set with my girl situation, cause there are some girls who are amazing :) and not like others. But most high school girls seem just stupid. That's all...
Female jerks and male jerks match, you know.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
In middle school they say it gets better in high school, in high school they say it gets better in college--it never really does. It's just that most of girls are just looking for a sexual partner, and not for a relationship that will mature, grow, and flourish into something beneficial for both people. You just need to find the ones that are.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That is because most male jerks are cocky, pretty boys who think they are all that and a bag of chips. Females are extremely romantic. They are so quick to find that handsome guy that they miss out on all his flaws. Most girls just want to be with a guy who is popular, so that she can feel "special" and get attention.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well, also note that those couples are the loudest so you notice them more than quiet, nice couples.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You want to know what's bothering me?

My grandfather of 89 years just had a stroke. He was exhibiting obvious signs of this, but the doctors didn't bother keeping him at the hospital, and it took them several days just to get a CAT scan result. Only after they got said result did they call to have him brought back in. He now has two weeks to live.

My family and I are considering suing for negligence.

Skrah

Smash Ace
That sucks Serris..

Well, I don't know what's happening to me, but I think I'm becoming colder. A few days ago, I watched this video of animal abuse in another thread. It was a horrible, horrible video of inhuman acts upon helpless animals. And because I love animals and can't imagine hurting one myself, I really wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I just got this tingly sensation beneath my eyes, but I didn't shed any tears. I find this very weird, and wonder if something's wrong with me.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Lucifer said the same thing. Look where he ended up. lol

Good one, Proverbs.
Vids or it didn't happen.

No, but seriously. I'm not fully convinced about the whole story with Satan being an angel and then opposing God, et cetera. It would make sense, and explains reasonably what lead to our current state of affairs. However, it is not Biblical as far as I'm concerned. There is no Biblical account of it, though perhaps a very vague reference to that being the case.

Man, I feel like every post I make I get critiqued by Heartz with some Biblical reference --; I'm either Peter because I make claims I can't back up, or I'm Satan for making a joke. Way to go Heartz, you made me sad. :( No heartz for you.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Vids or it didn't happen.

No, but seriously. I'm not fully convinced about the whole story with Satan being an angel and then opposing God, et cetera. It would make sense, and explains reasonably what lead to our current state of affairs. However, it is not Biblical as far as I'm concerned. There is no Biblical account of it, though perhaps a very vague reference to that being the case.

Man, I feel like every post I make I get critiqued by Heartz with some Biblical reference --; I'm either Peter because I make claims I can't back up, or I'm Satan for making a joke. Way to go Heartz, you made me sad. :( No heartz for you.
Oh stop. Christians relate to each other. It's called "fellowship". lol. I just be teasing you, anyway.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, that girl I was talking about still hasn't talked to me since I asked her out.

And oh, I got suspended. Long story made short, some teachers never shut the **** up.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah, that girl I was talking about still hasn't talked to me since I asked her out.

And oh, I got suspended. Long story made short, some teachers never shut the **** up.
I'm so sorry, but not about the suspension.

"Don't be a fool. Stay in school! :mad:"

Proverbs

Smash Lord

Girls will do that. I couldn't really tell you why, mostly because each girl does it for a different reason. But the main thing is, almost all girls do it. The nicer ones tend to do it because they don't want to give you the wrong message by continuing to be friends with you, or want to put distance between you two because the relationship has changed. That's just sort of how it rolls.

If you're looking for advice on what to do now, I'd need to know a bit more. I don't know how well you know this girl. I know for me, I merely told a girl I wasn't sure about my feelings for her, and she put serious distance between us for a while. It's evened out mostly now, but it's not back to normal at all. Then again, I know the area of relationships is a bit sensitive for her, so I guess that makes it different. Anyway, if you want to fill me in or quote your original post (if you explained the situation better earlier on in the thread), I'd be happy to help you out. ^_^

.Marik

is a social misfit
I posted the entire story a few pages back. Would you like me to get it for you?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
That or tell me the page number. I looked back a few pages to see if I could find it earlier, but didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom