• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
@Livvers: And at the same time you have absolutely no clue what went on in that relationship so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Lol.

Growing up is awesome because you get to do lots of fun things, but I just mean it's awesome to be a kid at heart and to not avoid things based on whether or not they're kiddy.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and I met her in person once. =)

What you know is only what I've told you. You should never assume anything if you don't know the full details behind something.

And man... I just graduated. It still hasn't sunk in yet that that stage of my life is completely over... And it ended so suddenly; it couldn't have been more anti-climatic. It just ended. When I think about it, some of the greatest memories I've had were in my childhood. The days of blissful ignorance can never been attained again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Alright, bare with me here
Well, THERES why your relationship failed, right there! You go around asking people to get naked with you!

Ever since I became an adult, everything became an utter failure. I'm optimistic, yet I still fail. :ohwell:

I'm just not trying hard enough. I have a discipline problem.
Dude. You don't even know. Well, you probably do, but, dude. I'm right there.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah, I have self-discipline problems, sometimes I doubt I could even hold a job. =/

I mean, I still have a nice GPA and am still shooting for medical school, but I usually **** things up pretty bad and have to salvage them at the last two weeks of the semester. This last semester I got pretty lazy, maybe even depressed, and just stopped bothering to do any work. I ended up having to take a W in this simple online health class that I have to take again now, and I made a B in my favorite class this semester.

I sleep in and loaf around and play with my cat Momo and read comics and photoshop stuff and play games. Then when a parent tells me to be productive I leave the house and... swim. Come back, rinse, repeat.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wow. That is too **** similar with me.

I always get that drive, that adrenaline at first, then it just kind of dies down, like losing R.O.Bs Final Smash.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm a few months from graduating, about to buy a house, and my biggest goal right now is getting a laser tag set. Growing up is totally situational. If you take life too seriously, life becomes too serious. If you take things and stride, it makes it much harder to manage.

That being said I have no confidence in any type of future for me.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm actually with Livvers on this one. Growing up is overrated.
You're 17. You're not a grown up yet.

Teran said:
I'm sorry to hear that.

You must have had an unfulfilled childhood...
And you're barely even 18. You haven't experienced being grown up enough. :p I had a great childhood. It's just that I've had an even better adulthood. :)

You guys are confusing "growing up" with "becoming boring." Being older means more freedom. I don't know anything that's better than more freedom.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
I don't know... It may just be that graduating has me all depressed and everything. I don't feel as though I fully lived out my high school career. Do you know I didn't even go to my senior prom?

Plus, I just can't see anything beating the things I used to enjoy in my childhood. I remember my biggest worries as a kid were whether or not I was going to play hide and seek that day and it was great! You're not aware of the evil that goes on in the world, you're always having fun because you can make small things like baths amazing, and you're so energetic and closer to your family.

It's just something I'll always miss. I definitely want to give my kids (if I have any) great childhoods that they can enjoy and remember.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
21!

Seriously though, my friends and I all agreed one night, lots of growing up happened between 18-21. At least for us. I don't know about everyone else.
Sadly, "growing up" for some people happens way before 18.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And you're barely even 18. You haven't experienced being grown up enough. :p I had a great childhood. It's just that I've had an even better adulthood. :)
Perhaps not exactly, but I've experienced enough.
I could go into detail, but I don't want to go into a TL;DR emo FML post... even though that's the intention of this thread. >.>

I might talk to you about it on AIM some time.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I'm 21. The age is wasted because I don't drink anymore. Kinda defeated the purpose of becoming 21.

lolol jk

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I have self-discipline problems, sometimes I doubt I could even hold a job. =/

I mean, I still have a nice GPA and am still shooting for medical school, but I usually **** things up pretty bad and have to salvage them at the last two weeks of the semester. This last semester I got pretty lazy, maybe even depressed, and just stopped bothering to do any work. I ended up having to take a W in this simple online health class that I have to take again now, and I made a B in my favorite class this semester.

I sleep in and loaf around and play with my cat Momo and read comics and photoshop stuff and play games. Then when a parent tells me to be productive I leave the house and... swim. Come back, rinse, repeat.
Tom practically just described me. Minus playing with Momo. I play with Bradley, my golden retriever. Who I need to put pictures up of.

But it's natural for everyone to become lazy the last semester.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Depends, as there are different levels. Sometimes I'm a bit upset because I grew up too fast, I think. I would like to have less responsibility. But then again, that responsibility makes me proud of myself at times.

But yeah, really enjoying life does happen when you're older, like Xsy said, and it only happens if you don't take things too seriously, like CK said. I keep a positive attitude, overall don't care what people think of me, and always try to improve myself. This makes my life fantastic.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I'm kind of in a jam at the moment. Ok so I told my friend, Freya, that I will take her to the prom. I'm really looking forward to it. The problem is my mom says that I agreed to go to a wedding of a friend of the family. The prom and wedding are on the same day. I don't even remember agreeing to this! It must have been one of those "hey Miguel, you want to go to so-an-so's wedding next Saturday?" Me, daydreaming in my room must have instinctively said "yeah, sure."

Now my mom is like "well it would be nice for you to go to the wedding, they already paid for this that and the other." I mean its still my choice, so I'm probably going to pick the prom. But I just hate when I agree to something and I don't remember agreeing to it in the first place. >.<"

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Not to sound rude but just pay more attention next time. When you keep track of everything you do and don't agree to then it makes it hard for people to coax you into doing something when you know you didn't agree to it.

Don't miss your prom, man. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Prom isn't a big deal. Kinda wish I hadn't wasted the money actually.

Regardless, it's WAY better than having to go to a wedding.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Seriously though, my friends and I all agreed one night, lots of growing up happened between 18-21. At least for us. I don't know about everyone else.
Definitely.

I am a totally different person now than I was just three years ago. It's sometimes hard even for me to believe, but I've improved and grown in a lot of different ways.

That said, I'd give it all up for a good game of tag on the playground.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I just saw my uncle today. It has been about two months after his Diabetes almost killed him when his sugar level fell. And he looks very very sick but seems to talk normally and everything. But for some reason I couldnt feel any pity for him or any other emotion really. I really wonder were all my emotions went to these past few years. I can not smile unless I laugh at a good joke. But alot of people say my kinda humor is very dark. I feel empty.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I just saw my uncle today. It has been about two months after his Diabetes almost killed him when his sugar level fell. And he looks very very sick but seems to talk normally and everything. But for some reason I couldnt feel any pity for him or any other emotion really. I really wonder were all my emotions went to these past few years. I can not smile unless I laugh at a good joke. But alot of people say my kinda humor is very dark. I feel empty.
How are you doing in school, in sports? Feeling empty is no good. Do you have fun? Play with friends? Do you have any pets?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
My grandpa could die any day now. My dad is having surgery on his colon on friday.

Way too much going on right now.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I'm sure you will feel better when you talk with people.

@Junglefever: My gosh, that is a lot on your plate. I don't know what I would do if I was in your shoes. At least your attitude remains positive. :-)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I found my limit on alcohol the hard way. Usually I can drink as much as I want and be drunk but not absolutely wasted, last night I was being sick and have no recolection of the time between half 1 and 5. I have these photos on my camera that I can't remember taking.

It wasn't fun, I felt like I was dying.

Also I hate the fact that I hardly ever get a chance to go on the internet. Even though this is so sad, I miss this place.

Hellll Yeah. Though I'm not sure if I have grown up, sometimes I feel more mature than my friends, other times I feel so much more imature.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
How are you doing in school, in sports? Feeling empty is no good. Do you have fun? Play with friends? Do you have any pets?
I am doing ok in school, and I try to have fun. One of the few ways I have fun is playing some video games or play people online. My family has pets but they just kinda stay in their huge bird cage. We have way to much and I am trying to tell my parents to get rid of them because they do not do much and they are a hassle to take care of. My sister wants to keep all of them but she never does anything with them or takes care of them. We have a Chihuahua but I hate dogs, but it is sorta cute. When it is sleeping because that is the only time it ever shuts up. Sure I wanted a cat but my sister got the dog and now my parents regret ever getting it because she never plays with it anymore and everyone else in the family including me is taking care of it <_<.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Alright so, I'm really itching for a conversation about life and such and I'd very much like to have it so could someone please hit me up on AIM?

I'll talk to anyone. Seriously.

KnnySm3. <-- AIM identity.

Edit: Dude, 69 posts.

I'm never posting again.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
You know, I was consciously aware of that but decided I didn't really care anymore.

Being that I would choose an immature joke over talking about life should say something about my character.

It's a work in progress. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom