• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a problem but Id like advice on it.

You see there is this girl in my class. She gets called ugly, annoying, fat, etc. I also think she is unbearable... but at the same time I feel like I should do something about the excessive name calling. But again I dont like her because of the annoyances shes given me. What should I do? I mean I dont like being with her but I feel like I should help her or something. Like tell everybody to stop it or hang out with her and warm up to her more or something..... again HELP!
Sadly, the social structure of children in this generation and the previous one is completely in ruin. Saying that, this may mean that should you help her, you might be made fun of as well.

Personally, I think that it is constant teasing in childhood or teenagehood that drives the victims of it to a bad future. It saddens me, really. Yes, some people who were teased in younger years ended up being in fact better off than their 'tormentors'. However, this continuous teasing obviously is not good for a child. Why make fun of someone and why think badly of them if you're doing nothing but inflicting them with more pain? Absolutely ****ing idiotic, if you ask me.

Anyway, that wasn't directed at you, Roacherman, but I think that you should at least try to help her when nobody is looking or paying attention. Otherwise she'll continue to be made fun of and just go downhill from there.

sammy p

Smash Lord
Not really a problem but Id like advice on it.

You see there is this girl in my class. She gets called ugly, annoying, fat, etc. I also think she is unbearable... but at the same time I feel like I should do something about the excessive name calling. But again I dont like her because of the annoyances shes given me. What should I do? I mean I dont like being with her but I feel like I should help her or something. Like tell everybody to stop it or hang out with her and warm up to her more or something..... again HELP!
DO NOT spend so much time with her because then she will warm up to YOU a little TOO much(if ya know what i mean). trust me, believe it or not, its happened to me more times than i can count.....:embarrass
but yes at least be the bigger person and NOT participate in the taunting and maybe tell some close friends to stop at least! (if THEY even participate in that kind of stuff i mean)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Roacherman: I had a similar dilemna back when I was about 11. There was a kid in my class who was violent, agressive and rude, and he was majorly picked on. I decided to give him a chance, and 8 years on he's one of my best friends, and very popular. Of course I dont expect this on you, and its slightly different with a girl, but give her a chance, and others will too. It must be hard to have the whole world against you, all she needs is probs a bit of self esteem.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit I've got the same mindset, but I'm seeing a counselor.

My problem is I have problems balancing my social life with my school life. And I honestly feel like my school life should take second place, though not the distant second place it's at now. My social life, quite frankly, needs a LOT of work.

One thing is... I can't ask questions. Like... I dunno, if I need help, I... panic, basically. I feel like asking someone is completely giving them control over this aspect, which of course means I can only hope you get a "yes". Granted, this decision is, to some extent based on my character. If I miss class twice in a row, who'd say yes? Not quite as many people as if I had skipped only once or maybe twice two separate times. Thus to me... asking turns into something more complicated than I feel it should be. The whole "establish long record of positive behavior THEN ask" thing is something I hate exists, but I deal with it the best I can.

Anyway, what's actually bothering me right now:

My friend (as some of you referred to him, an "acquaintance") suggested I try a free-trial of FFXI. No problem.

BUT, he wants me to experience it for myself, which is confusing. Why should our friendship/acquaintanceship suddenly become two-faced for the sake of me "experiencing" a game for myself? It bothers me a lot, especially since we normally enjoy each other's company, AND I've been more or less on my own for about 2 to 3 days and have run into all sorts of things. I dunno... I want to hold out, but it's honestly torture putting up with people IRL, and it's not much better on the internet/online. PLUS, it's my first MMO. I feel stranded.

I enjoy the gaming and party aspect, don't get me wrong, but... it's just a huge blow to me for him to just ditch me so I can "experience" the game for myself.

The thing is... things have gotten kinda tense between us because of this. Mostly because I really don't understand what he's trying to do to me. Is this the "freshman/n00b hazing"? Is this supposed to be me stretching my boundaries socially? Or (which I hope it isn't) is it simply that I'm unqualified to run around with him and I'd embarrass him in front of his FFXI friends AKA I'm useless baggage? I know it's my fault for starting the arguments... but if I knew what he was trying to do exactly then it'd be less.

I just hope it isn't like this for the remaining 8 or 9 days left of the free trial, or I will have lost almost all of my respect for him.

Really though, does anyone with MMO experience know what he's trying to do?
Well, I talked to my roommate about this and he put it in clearer terms. I dunno, I just feel it's kind of a waste of a free trial if he's not even gonna try to be a part of it. Plus, I hate surprises, that's exactly what this is: he's changed plans on me three times at least and during NONE of those changes has he told me what the new plan is. It's really irritiating.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey I do not hang out with her due to fear of taunting! Im already at the bottom of the popularity anyways so I would have nothing to lose

Now, its that I feel bad because Ive already been there. I know how it feels like it is to be taunted, I know how it is to get hurt by someone, I know how it feels to be made fun of everyday. I feel like out of a need to do something about it but I have no idea how. She is extremely annoying, just takes other peoples stuff witout asking, and wont cooperate with a group, but I dunno I think I feel pity I guess and I feel like I should stop it. I guess Im that nice of a person I guess

btw sammy, I dont partake in the taunt making. I think thats one reason why she seems to trust me though... sigh I have no idea how to express my feelings so sorry if youre confused

Ladybug

Smash Lord
If you do say anything to anyone about stopping the taunting, make sure you don't do it in front of her because that "getting too attached" thing will happen.

sammy p

Smash Lord
btw sammy, I dont partake in the taunt making. I think thats one reason why she seems to trust me though... sigh I have no idea how to express my feelings so sorry if youre confused
If you do say anything to anyone about stopping the taunting, make sure you don't do it in front of her because that "getting too attached" thing will happen.
dont worry about that raoch :)
but ladybug basically said what i was trying to say.
if you spend time with her or do something nice for her... she might get the wrong impression of how you feel about her and then she, to say this quite bluntly, WONT leave you alone! haha

RDK

Smash Hero
Well, I talked to my roommate about this and he put it in clearer terms. I dunno, I just feel it's kind of a waste of a free trial if he's not even gonna try to be a part of it. Plus, I hate surprises, that's exactly what this is: he's changed plans on me three times at least and during NONE of those changes has he told me what the new plan is. It's really irritiating.
I wish my life was so vapid and empty that my biggest concern at any given moment was an acquaintance abandoning me in Final Fantasy.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
That's not very nice :mad:

So my cousin moved to england recently to do a masters degree. I don't think he's enjoying his university as much as he'd like and he's already homesick.

Anyone got any good ideas? I already told him the obvious things like joining a sports society and that everyone takes a while to get used to a new place. I want him to have a good time but I'm unfortunately at the other side of the country so can't visit him that often. I have plans for christmas holidays but that's pretty far away...

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Something that has been bothering me is my computer, ugh, I love/hate it, it's like every month i have to reinstall the whole OS, like for some reason, I just recently reinstalled an OS, that I just installed a month ago cuz the comp wasn't turning on properly, during summer, my harddrive died, resulting in inevitable BSODs, and way before that I lost ALL of my files due to me screwing around with Linux. It's so annoying just a month ago I vowed to quit screwing around with the computer after i reinstalled Vista, (like no Linux, not even a try) the dang computer still dies, I could almost swear this thing is cursed!!!

Smash Master
I wish my life was so vapid and empty that my biggest concern at any given moment was an acquaintance abandoning me in Final Fantasy.
Some people care about personal relationships more than financial strains, physical well-being, or material desires. Perhaps your hardships would seem trivial to nintendoman.

Healer, have you invested in a flash drive? Mine came in very handy during a patch where my laptop hardware malfunctioned 5 times in the span of a year and a half. (Best Buy finally junked it out. Luckily I had the uberest warranty)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I hit a deer today driving to get a snack.

It didn't die. I watched it limp off while i waited for a cop to file a report.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I have to start going to computer lab starting tomorrow on mondays and tuesdays instead of gym class. I HATE computer lab and have been hating it since elementary. What should I do?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I hit a deer today driving to get a snack.

It didn't die. I watched it limp off while i waited for a cop to file a report.
Dude that suuuuucks. I'm sorry.

A few years ago my parents and I hit a cow. Totalled our car, my mom and I had to go to the hospital... It was a mess. So I really hope you're ok. I still cannot drive down two lane dark country roads. :(

Something that bothers me though? "Cool story bro". I hate that phrase. Please, if you think my post is sarcastic or pointless or wrong be a bit more creative.

Now, of course, I'm going to get a bunch of "cool story bro" following this. -_-

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I have to start going to computer lab starting tomorrow on mondays and tuesdays instead of gym class. I HATE computer lab and have been hating it since elementary. What should I do?
You should do it anyways because you have to. Life is like that, you'll just have to deal with it for now. Bring some music or something, an MP3/Ipod. If they don't allow that well...then you got me.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah, it was just sorta scary to be like "OH **** DEER!" and then watch it fly, still trying to run in midair.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I lived with 5 people in a house two years ago. They liked to crank up the heat in this old big house (i preferred not to since I had a space heater). Long story short, I ended up owing 1800 dollars for a gas bill. Two of my old roommates are helping me pay some of it off, the rest ****ed me over and refuse to respond to me.

For future references, make sure you have someone read your gas meter regularly. If not, have someone else sign their name to the bill. Fortunately, I have about 250 left to pay off.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Something that bothers me though? "Cool story bro". I hate that phrase. Please, if you think my post is sarcastic or pointless or wrong be a bit more creative.

Now, of course, I'm going to get a bunch of "cool story bro" following this. -_-
Cool story br---

*IS SHOT.*

Yeah. I don't wanna go to work today.

Smooth Criminal

Smash Master
My roommate and his gf are giggling loudly while I'm trying to study.

Also, I'm thirsty and out of liquids in the dorm.

It's a slow day.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Two kids were high in my 5th period. Eveybody thought it was funny.:(

School spirit my ***. I guess its just me and my small circle of friends up against an entire facility full of douchbagery.

So about an earlier post I had, NOBODY has had problems with smashwiki?

Smash Master
I don't think schools should have pep rallies. From my experience growing up, schoolchildren already have too much pep. It's time to wind them down a little bit. Perhaps a depression rally is in order.

"Okay Cityville High, are you ready? Let's kick this puppy, YEAH!"

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
You know what bothers me? LIFE! IT IS A GREAT BIG *****!!!!
Also, lately, I've been bothered out of fear I may be failing my anthrpology course. My professor is doing a terrible job at teaching it and I've been getting low marks left anf right so one fail could easily throw me below the pass line.

Nick A

Smash Cadet
You know what bothers me? LIFE! IT IS A GREAT BIG *****!!!!
Also, lately, I've been bothered out of fear I may be failing my anthrpology course. My professor is doing a terrible job at teaching it and I've been getting low marks left anf right so one fail could easily throw me below the pass line.
Life is amazing. ****, I feel privileged to be what I am every day. I could just as easily not exist and not experience the things I do; even despair, sadness, or any negative emotion.

I dont know how college works in England (I am assuming you are in college because anthropology is not a class generally offered in High School, and "marks" is not generally a term we use in the states), but college is easy. I am not saying that from a "i am smarter than you, so good luck" kind of deal. Just do the work, read the book, and go to class. If you do those three things you will be solid. College isn't about how smart you are, its how hard of a worker you are (this statement doesn't apply to a few majors). Just put in the effort.

P.S. I have had a few to drink.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I don't think schools should have pep rallies. From my experience growing up, schoolchildren already have too much pep. It's time to wind them down a little bit. Perhaps a depression rally is in order.

"Okay Cityville High, are you ready? Let's kick this puppy, YEAH!"
Okay you just won life.
Thatd be a fun/horrifyingly upsetting rally.
Fun because its forcing all those peppy kids to be upset...and sad because a puppy would get kicked D:

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
ok i have a problem
So i have come to smashboards xD
lolz
anyway, i just found out that one of my best friends, that iv known since Kindergarden smokes weed.
Iv seen this happen before with my friends but all ofthem were just friends. Me and this dude are tight. like no joke. What can i do to stop his from smokeing weed? He's really smart. IB student at GHS, straight A's. Very atletic. And i dont want to see him just **** up his life because of weed.

What can i doo.?
i want to leave telling someone like a last resort,

thanks.

Smash Master
Ultimately, you shouldn't be allowed to control what your friend does to himself. What you should do is look up what weed actually does to the body. Find examples of people who ruined their life with weed, perhaps insert some graphic pictures in there, and tell your friend that you're concerned for his well-being, but that you'll stay friends with him regardless of his decision (if that's the honest truth.)

If your friend doesn't respond to ethos, logos, or pathos, then I got nothin'

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Or maybe he's been smoking weed for quite a while (since you just found out) and it hasn't done anything to him. He's still a straight A student, very athletic... Just because someone smokes doesn't mean it has the same effect on everyone. I know from personal experiences with my friends (I don't cause I'm allergic to it). My ex is on the deans list with a 3.7, 3.8 GPA and smokes almost ever other weekend.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Hes been smoking since the end of summer vaction., around the end of septmeber. I want to convice him to stop, this dude is like my brother, i cant see his life just go down hill...

Overload

Smash Lord
Some of you may recall me posting about my situation about a month ago. In summary, I found out that a certain girl liked me. I decided to ask her out. We realized we kind of rushed into things and it was a spur of the moment and we should have gotten to know one another better first. We decided to break up. I was hoping that we'd be friends for a while and build our relationship from there. Not too long after we broke up I started to suspect that she was back together with her old boyfriend, whom she had broken up with three years ago, and who she had remained good friends with as they have always been friends. I figured I was over-analyzing things and was drawing irrational conclusions based, or at least I hoped this was the case. For about three weeks it went back in forth in my head; I didn't know what to believe.

Eventually I came to the realization that this was a very real possibility, and I had to try to be somewhat prepared to hear this. It didn't help that she was constantly busy (this further led me to believe she was hiding something) and I wasn't able to see her and barely got the chance to talk to her over the past month. My suspicions were later confirmed by a Facebook post of her friend. This post was later deleted, but it was too late. I told her she didn't have to hide it from me anymore. She said she was afraid I wouldn't want to be her friend anymore if I found out. She said she didn't realize how she felt about him until she was afraid he was going to be out of her life. He threatened to end their friendship because she was with me and he didn't want to share her. What kind of real friend completely turns on you and threatens to cut you out of their life simply because they can't stand the fact that you're dating someone other than them? I honestly think he used this as a tactic to manipulate her emotionally. When you really want to be with someone, you won't just willingly cut yourself out of their life. You're not going to give up. I told her that I wasn't going to stop being her friend just because she was dating someone else and that I wasn't just being her friend in hopes of being with her again someday.

I'm pretty angry at myself. All of this could probably have been avoided. All I had to do was take things slow. Instead, I immediately asked her out and we rushed into things. This lead to her friend and current boyfriend flipping out when he found out, and her getting back together with him. If I had been smart about this, our bond might have progressed to the point where she wouldn't have listened to his (probably empty) threats of ending their friendship. At the time, it never crossed my mind that I was moving too fast. My thoughts were that she liked me and I liked her. Therefore, we should hook up. Perhaps I just have a lack of understanding when it comes to these things. She says he wasn't the reason she broke up with me. I'm nearly positive he played a part in it though, especially since not even a week had passed after we broke up before they got together. This is probably she ****tiest I've ever felt. There are no words to describe it. It's like it's all a game of chess or something. I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about himself right now. I'm sure he had it all planned out from the beginning. He may have just captured my queen, but it's my move. It's not over yet. I'm capable of waiting for them to (probably inevitably) break up, and in the meantime building my relationship with her. I've got nothing else to lose. Some may say I should just accept it. Some may say this is an unhealthy mindset. I say I don't care. She's worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom