• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
I was ready to start my own business a non-rental professional photographer.

I was in the process of putting a studio in my basement. I was going to pay for the lighting and everything with the money I am making from my other job.

Right as my long-waited dreams and aspirations set in, I get mono.

FML.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
I have 23 pages of objective notes, 8 pages of charts, and 2 pages of definitions for AP Biology February break work.

-Terywj
Great...now i know what i'm looking forward to in AP english :ohwell:

anywho @thatfatcat I'm really sorry I hope that it gets better for you.

on to my very minor but in my eyes annoying problem...i can't hit high notes when singing....grr....

it's so bad they probably not even considered high notes, high notes are probably wayyyy higher than wat i can do...being a singer (hobby that i adore) it's saddening.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Great...now i know what i'm looking forward to in AP english :ohwell:

anywho @thatfatcat I'm really sorry I hope that it gets better for you.

on to my very minor but in my eyes annoying problem...i can't hit high notes when singing....grr....

it's so bad they probably not even considered high notes, high notes are probably wayyyy higher than wat i can do...being a singer (hobby that i adore) it's saddening.
Yeah. I'm not even bothering with AP English next year, I'll be taking other AP courses instead.

Well what range are you? Theoretically anyone within a certain range is definitely going to have a hard time reaching notes too high or too low.

-Terywj

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I'm not even bothering with AP English next year, I'll be taking other AP courses instead.

Well what range are you? Theoretically anyone within a certain range is definitely going to have a hard time reaching notes too high or too low.

-Terywj
I honestly wish i knew, i've never taken singing courses and well i really don't know, I'll try to describe what i can do but idk if that would help. I used to try to imitate the singers when i was younger but as i got older and my voice changed and my thinking changed i decided to add my own flare to it but it is hard because i had to sing like millions (exaggeration) of octaves lower. I can't falsetto anymore. Then i finally got an idea with singin with my diaphram so it got alot easier to sing the notes that i can but it didn't really open up my range or make me sound significantly better.
The higher parts that i can do are like the bridge (not the chorus) of Lambert's "For your entertainment"
The really highest i can do decently (it doesn't sound all that great in my opinion) is "I don't wanna set the world on fire" by the ink spots, a mad old song.
This is when i'm singing the same note as the singers, all the other songs i sing is my way lowered versions.

People say i'm a good singer but i think i'm just average but i want to get better. anyway thanks for reading.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I saw Paranormal Activity yesterday night and it scared the crap out of me. I also have a cat that loves to open my bedroom door in the early morning. She pushes against the door with her head and 9 out of 10 times she'll open it. There's a small draft that goes through my bedroom and this part of the house too that helps her get it open. This is bad because it SLAMS open like in the movie...

...I know I'm going to wake up one of these days scared ****less thinking there's a demon trying to kill me...

Healer

Smash Apprentice
why don't you lock the door? and get a doorstop for your door to make it harder for the door to slam...also i recommend sleeping with music, i do that because the sounds i hear at night just creep me out.

sammy p

Smash Lord
I saw Paranormal Activity yesterday night and it scared the crap out of me. I also have a cat that loves to open my bedroom door in the early morning. She pushes against the door with her head and 9 out of 10 times she'll open it. There's a small draft that goes through my bedroom and this part of the house too that helps her get it open. This is bad because it SLAMS open like in the movie...

...I know I'm going to wake up one of these days scared ****less thinking there's a demon trying to kill me...
iKNOW what you mean!!!
you know in the movie when katie says, that as a child she saw this dark mass standing at the foot of her bed??
well, i let my 9 year old bro watch the movie, and in the middle of the night he wanted to sleep with me...... i think i wet the bed i was so freaked(just so you know, i was just kidding.... but it really did scare the crap outta me!) needless to say i yelled at him until he went back to his own bed... he didnt even try to wake me up!!! HE JUST STOOD THERE!!!

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
why don't you lock the door? and get a doorstop for your door to make it harder for the door to slam...also i recommend sleeping with music, i do that because the sounds i hear at night just creep me out.
I sometimes put something in the door's way to block her. It helps, yet sometimes I'll hear her trying to get in. It's not as bad, but it can be creepy depending.
iKNOW what you mean!!!
you know in the movie when katie says, that as a child she saw this dark mass standing at the foot of her bed??
well, i let my 9 year old bro watch the movie, and in the middle of the night he wanted to sleep with me...... i think i wet the bed i was so freaked(just so you know, i was just kidding.... but it really did scare the crap outta me!) needless to say i yelled at him until he went back to his own bed... he didnt even try to wake me up!!! HE JUST STOOD THERE!!!
*huge spoilers*
Holy ****. If my brother did that to me I'd punch him out of sheer fear and instinct. That demon was freaky. The growls, bite marks, THE FOOTPRINTS...I think I just scared myself...it sucks when they leave it to your imagination to figure out what a creature looks like. I have a big imagination ****it!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Long story short: Me and girlfriend who I haven't seen in a year make plans. Yesterday, possibly the worst day of my life thus far, we were supposed to see Dear John @ 7PM. She didn't show. I told my mom I would call her from my girlfriend's phone to pick me up. (I don't have a phone) I waited outside, hoping my mom would get the hint that she didn't show and stuff had gone wrong. By 11:30PM my mom gets here. I laugh. This is the third time there has been a cancel / no show on her behalf. I'm avoiding her until she 1) apologizes 2) tomorrow, if she decides to call/im/text me. Apparently her excuse is that I didn't call her, so she didn't go. (what is this, i dont even) Even though I clearly told her I was and even tweeted it before I left my house to go a party. (In which I didn't go in the pool and have fun BECAUSE of the date/movies)

(Read this over, doesn't show how bad my day was but it gets to the point. Waiting in cold because I'm shy/hard-headed for over 2 hours = YAY)

No, I wasn't going to watch DEAR JOHN alone.

I wrote something far longer and in-depth but optimum online is dumb.

Happy Valentines Day people. I think it's dumb but it got me some massive candy in elementary school so I'm not gonna rant.
you havent seen her in a year and she stood you up? how is this a relationship lol

BSP

Smash Legend
I saw Paranormal Activity, but on a normal TV, not in theatres. It didn't scare me that much.

sammy p

Smash Lord
i think my "friends go out of their way just to make me feel like S***...... not that it usually bothers me too much, but my life has been a little rough lately, and it all kinda takes a toll on your self esteem right now you know?? i kinda look like the cat in my avatar! hahah.......

S l o X

Smash Champion
you havent seen her in a year and she stood you up? how is this a relationship lol
Well I've known her for quite the while but she basically spent the last year away from CT. (at Florida, with her father)

Now that she's back home we made plans to go to the movies or w/e.

We've been talking through the year fyi...that and I've known her since middle school, I'd say its a relationship.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wait. You said that you would use your girlfriends phone (whom has been away for a year). But you only used that as so to have your mom notice. First, don't you have a home phone? (I didn't for a while so not everyone has to have one)

Anyways, next time you im her, tell her that you do not have a phone. She would probaly ask you why you didn't ask someone for it (for example someone close like your mom). Then you'd probaly have to make up an excuse too. I mean, IM is just text. People like to have conversations on the phone because its closer to the real person than on the web. I mean, IM is to phone as phone is to in person.

I would want to call the person to confirm even though he typed saying he knew that I would be coming to the party or what ever. So, don't be quick to yell at her, but tell her that you really missed her and that you don't understand why she really stood you up. But, no one really needs a phone to confirm stuff. Man my phone doesn't even work now. D:<

And you said call/im/text; Where would she call you if you don't have a phone?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
wait wait.

now i'm confused if it's a legitimate relationship or not, no offense. the way you just made it seem, i can't tell if she feels that what you're in is ACTUALLY an intimate relationship or not.

If I've seen this the wrong way, either explain it more clearly, or talk to her and figure out what exactly your relationship entails.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Well I've known her for quite the while but she basically spent the last year away from CT. (at Florida, with her father)

Now that she's back home we made plans to go to the movies or w/e.

We've been talking through the year fyi...that and I've known her since middle school, I'd say its a relationship.
No, I'm sorry to break it to you but it's not a relationship. From your situation, it sounds like you're still in high school and you don't have your own car/vehicle. Relationships don't exist in high school (nor in college for that matter) and anyone whose mum has to pick them up from "dates" is too young to be in a relationship anyways.

Combine that with the fact that you haven't seen her for a year and have only talked to each other makes it impossible that this is a romantic relationship. Sounds more like an "old friends" relationship.

The only thing you can really do now is forget about her, 'cause she's not going to go out with you romantically. There are plenty more fish in the sea; and believe me, there are ALWAYS more attractive girls.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm sorry, but to say relationships don't exist in high school or college is a huge generalization.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't have one right now and I'm in college myself. Bleh.

Anyways, here is something that is bothering me.

============================
Well, I think my parents are tired of me now, and it seems natural. I'm 20 right now and I just gotta find a way how to get an apartment by myself.

Yeah, thats about it. I can tell that my parents don't understand me or what I would do for them. I can't reason with them. There is always a fight every day. I know I make mistakes, and I know my character flaws, but man.

I just want to live a life of my own now, I don't want to be tied down by them. I acknowledge the fact that they have taken care of me for all these years, but now I must move on, I know. When I do move on, I still will be me. Not what they want me to be. I just have to do things, for example get my liscense, so that I may help my self and them.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i moved out when i was 18.
one of the best things i did.

if ur like me, when u leave your relationship with your parents will get much better. over time spending apart there emmotions will back down. when i see my mother we are always happy and having a good time. if we lived together we would fight constantly. hope that helps.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thank you Bry that does help. : D Can't wait until I do get out.

Haha Roach you got up now?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Groan, I hate my wake up time... thats about it for now.
A nice alam makes things easier. I have the Comet Observatory tune from Mario Galaxy to wake me up.

Anyway i think my work place is closing down next week, leaving me and everyone there jobless. Stupid bankers.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You sir, have the best alarm of all time.

[Inb4Kanye]

-Terywj
It is much better than BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP i have to admit. My old alarm just shocked me awake and was annoying. Alarms shouldn't be annoying, they should wake you up nicely.

My ringtone is Zero Punctuation Extended Theme and my text alert is Are You Still There? From Portal. I got the idea for all this stuff after i noticed a guy on the train had Navi from OoT as his text alert.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm clicking on the next page and it's taking me to the page I'm viewing.

What in the world is going on?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I think that might happen if someone's post was deleted on the next page. I mean, thats a theory. It would seem logical. (The page was made but then someone's post was deleted but the page is still there)

LOL hmmm.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah it's like someone's post was deleted or an entire account of someone who had posted earlier got deleted. Thus it lags the total page count.

There's a major issue of this in one of the PokeCenter threads. XD

-Terywj

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

They're called phantom pages, sometimes that happens. Just ignore them.

It is much better than BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP i have to admit. My old alarm just shocked me awake and was annoying. Alarms shouldn't be annoying, they should wake you up nicely.

My ringtone is Zero Punctuation Extended Theme and my text alert is Are You Still There? From Portal. I got the idea for all this stuff after i noticed a guy on the train had Navi from OoT as his text alert.
I have my iHome as my alarm, so I can wake up to whatever I want. I like "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire, it's a nice song to hear first thing in the morning.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
..I swear my dad is bipolar. One minute hes all nice and happy, the next hes a raging jerk. Like, he just randomly came upstairs as i was working on an application for a summer retreat that HE SIGNED...and flipped out, called me and my sister pigs because 'our rooms were messy' (mine had my school uniform on the floor. thats it). Then, he said i couldnt finish my application because he changed his mind for no good reason. Sure, i was yelling back at him...but he honestly started it. :/
...and then i punched the ground...my knuckles hurt. i need to find a better release, honestly. my knuckles arent happy.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
..I swear my dad is bipolar. One minute hes all nice and happy, the next hes a raging jerk. Like, he just randomly came upstairs as i was working on an application for a summer retreat that HE SIGNED...and flipped out, called me and my sister pigs because 'our rooms were messy' (mine had my school uniform on the floor. thats it). Then, he said i couldnt finish my application because he changed his mind for no good reason. Sure, i was yelling back at him...but he honestly started it. :/
...and then i punched the ground...my knuckles hurt. i need to find a better release, honestly. my knuckles arent happy.
that's what babies are for, good sir. or... you said you have a sister, that could work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom