• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Something I'd like to see in future MLG Brawl tournies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I was checking out the coverage for MLG Orlando and I though of something. While it's always good to see the likes of M2K, Ally, any pro win, It would be nice if a newcomer won. After all, the pros aren't always gonna be around. Here's an example. The all stars on the popular show Ninja Warrior are in their 30's to late 30's. They can't compete on Ninja Warrior forever. The same thing would apply to smash. Now most of the pros are in their 20's, but they can't smash forever either. Like I said, It would be nice if we saw some new blood competing, but most people aren't interested in brawl, and few are interested in it competitive wise unfortuanetly:(. Still though, it wouldn't hurt to see some newcomers take up the mantle.

CO18

Smash Hero
No random ppl who have like attended no events unless theyve practiced wifi extensively are gonna get top 5 at mlg lol

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
It definitely would make Brawl a lot more interesting to see new players placing at the top. M2K vs Ally gettin old.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What's MLG supposed to do, bar them from entering?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
What's MLG supposed to do, bar them from entering?
Yes! Because everyone knows that it's better to have random matches between random new players just for the sake of being random and new than it is to have good matches between the highest level players!

I mean c'mon, who watches / plays this game for skill or to get better?

Everyone knows it's all about character diversity and seeing Captain Falcon win. That is until someone consistently wins tournaments with Captain Falcon... then we will just complain that Falcon is old and we are tired of seeing him and suggest that the pro Falcons also be barred because we want the uniqueness that only a pro Gannon can provide!

Damage Points

Smash Ace
id like to see Ken come back, get first place slapping m2k and ally. then retire again and come back on a survivor reunion.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'd like a clause to have ally and M2K automatically start on opposite sides of the bracket.

NO ONE wants M2K or Ally in losers bracket round 2 or 3.

completely obscures results

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You guys should be happy, at least yall don't have ****ing MANGO where your tournaments just get dominated by the same person using a multitude of characters.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'd like a clause to have ally and M2K automatically start on opposite sides of the bracket.

NO ONE wants M2K or Ally in losers bracket round 2 or 3.

completely obscures results
Umm... M2K and Ally WERE on opposite sides of the bracket...

and they will continue to be unless one of them slips up significantly...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, considering ADHD frequently loses to Ally, but frequently defeats M2k, I think that the winner of the tournament is very subjective to seeding, and all three of them better step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom