• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
As I was saying. If I don't get a competent MK, there isn't any reason for me to play.
If I make it Smile will make it as well more than likely and he has an mk. I'm not sure if he's entering doubles, but I could check if you want. ^_^

EDIT: Ok awesome. ^_^ @Joey.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hilt won't be here.

He will be running the september/october events assuming that they're happening, though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I only play MK now.

mortal kombat is so good
Why are you coming to this instead of just coming to cincinnati and playing megaman challenges with me

also you should bring that hat. Get Kel or someone to send me a picture and if so I will buy it off of you, possibly by proxy

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MK legal bro, not worth the time

I was hoping you'd be up in this area so we could do the one handed megaman 2 challenge against someone. It's where two players play with one controller, but one has the left side and the other has the right.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
hmmm, that does sound fun.

I have beaten most of mega man 5 one handed (left hand, which is crazy since I'm right handed) while eating an entire pizza.

I've also made it to the waterfall in contra playing 2-player by myself no 30 live code, so playing one hand per controller. It was ****ing hard but so worth it.

Also it's MK legal, but from the sounds of it

One MK isn't coming.
2 MK's say they aren't playing MK.

I don't play MK, even though I'd beat D3 if I did I still don't, scrub logic.

meh.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't attend MK legal tournaments on principle. If MKs weren't playing/coming, they could just ban MK!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, I'm coming this way because it's on my way to NC, and tbh I don't care if MK is banned or legal, I play wolf lol and would rather everyone play MK as opposed to a bird.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm in Chicago, Lumi is picking me up tomorrow.

I think the odds of me bailing on this is only dependent on Lumi and I not hibernating during it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm in Chicago, Lumi is picking me up tomorrow.

I think the odds of me bailing on this is only dependent on Lumi and I not hibernating during it.
Wait, the Knees are picking you up?

MegaRobMan will not show up to the tournament.

Kel

Smash Master
I think that one way we can get our community more involved with doubles is if we have a tournament where two PR players are not allowed to team together. This will give non-PRed players a chance to team with higher level players and gain experience.

This would have to be a more local event, and there are problems such as not having enough people NOT on the PR, but it could be fun. Back in the Melee days we kind of did this one tournament. Sliq and I would traditionally team, but everyone mixed it up for a tournament at momo's in Columbus; Sliq teamed with Drephen and I teamed with Dope. Others also switched up their teams and it was a fun/ interesting tournament.

You could do that at the next S2D or something if you want to encourage people to actually play doubles.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm not going, I have ride johns. So of course I can't bring any extra setups. It's a shame cause I'm already going back to utah on the 25th. I only went to one tourney all summer, not having a car sucks and not having anyone that lives around me to play with sucks. I swear I'm an active player, just in utah though.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Random Doubles would be awesome and I 100% support it.

I won't be using tio btw. Hand-made bracket ftw.

Kel

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about random doubles, but we have done that as well. There was one team that ended up being imbalanced (joshu and Sliq), but the other teams were all really fun and balanced. We did that at Smash and Coffee back in 08.

I was thinking more along the lines of a rule that prevents PRed players from teaming with another PR player, that way we mix up skills and get everyone interested in teams.

Top Bottom