• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Can't come. Seeing Passion Pit in concert that weekend.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Noooooo I just failed to get tickets a couple hours ago!

you can try to see if there are still tix for sunday in Covington Ky.
but yeah, you live right there, no excuses!
i saw them in lollapalooza and they're amazing live. they'll be back around. we'll have to go some time.

Eric if you go I'll go :'(
SAY IT AINT SO, I WILL NOT GO, TURN THE LIGHTS OFF, CARRY ME HOME
NAA NAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAH NU NAAAAH NAA NAAA NUA NAAAA ANUANAUNAUNAUNAAUAAAA

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman

Melee players! Feel free to tell me what should be changed regarding the melee rules/stage list. I do absolutely no dabbling in melee's scene, so I don't know what's considered standard. Anyone who's hands reach a bit deeper into the matter would be a great help.

Speaking of which, really glad to see melee players making it out to this. Even though I don't particularly play the game, I plan to continue entering the events to support the scene. Melee tournaments will be a regular deal at these events, so I hope to see you all making it out to them in the future!

Last question is to both melee and brawl players! Increased entry fee? Opinions?
I would be willing to pay an increased entry fee to support tournament events, but that may be an unpopular opinion.

Your current ruleset for Melee is fine, except you should update the stagelistings. If you would rather not take just my opinion on the issue, refer to this thread, with the recommended ruleset.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Ethreal, thank you very much. I'll update things to match what's MBR official when able (I don't have power over this thread).

Either MK will be banned at the event or he'll be legal. I really do not like banning him partially (only doubles/double mk team). General consensus so far has been to ban him overall. Let me know if you are of a different mindset. Those that are regulars/are coming to the next event will hold more weight.

We're going to be using a new format for counterpicks in Brawl at this next event. It'll be a test for the concept, I'll post more info on how it works soon.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
If you're serious about improving your smash scene, don't ban him. You'll lose out on players who use him, and you'll never learn to cope as well as those who consistently play against him.

I'm pro-ban, but only if it's a community-wide decision.

I usually play Melee, but, if I come to this, I may also play Brawl.

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
I mained MK for 3 years. I want him banned. I would actually consider NOT going if he were legal (opposite of what you are saying). He was legal for these 3 years and the smash scene around here never "improved."

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
I mained MK for 3 years. I want him banned. I would actually consider NOT going if he were legal (opposite of what you are saying). He was legal for these 3 years and the smash scene around here never "improved."
I'm not going to debate the ban, it's a circular argument on both sides. I believe that it's harmful to a scene to ban him if the major tournaments / events around the country are not.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
If I have to play peach, then I want flat plus plat stages only. Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Lol I'm kidding. But seriously, I hate RC more than brinstar. Peach just loses on that stage. Just like auto loses. She has no second jump and she can't keep up with the stage. Lol

Find me a peach who rocks on RC and I'll shut up... Forever...
0_0

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
why not just take rainbow cruise and brinstar off. there both ridiculous stages that's not even fun to play on.

also I'm antiban for mk but if the community wants him banned y'all should bend to there whim.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
At the stage that the Louisville community is at, at the moment, worrying about using these events to build skill for regionals/nationals shouldn't be our main priority. While it may be important, it's the step we would want to take after the one we're currently at, which is, building up an actual community. With how harshly the Louisville Brawl scene died, piecing it back together should be our main goal. If we go at this backwards, we'll only kill it again. Right now what I'm concerned with is attendance and the community.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Do you actually plan to help rebuild the Louisville scene, Hilt?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I found 18 in northern Kentucky. :B

But I don't think I'm gonna try anything with 'em.

Kel

Smash Master
At least introduce them to Chi and Tako. Chi has those ranbat thingys that are meant to grow the cincy area.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Do you actually plan to help rebuild the Louisville scene, Hilt?

Not to what it was, no. But there are newcomers that have genuine interest in the game and I'd rather not leave them hanging. One in particular has been sticking around and shown progression. And that's just on Brawl's end. There are quite a few melee players around here that didn't have the chance to go to tournaments, so I'd at least like to see these events happen to give them an opportunity.

Plus it gives me an excuse to hang out with everyone :p

SoulPech

Smash Master
Not to what it was, no. But there are newcomers that have genuine interest in the game and I'd rather not leave them hanging. One in particular has been sticking around and shown progression. And that's just on Brawl's end. There are quite a few melee players around here that didn't have the chance to go to tournaments, so I'd at least like to see these events happen to give them an opportunity.

Drunkin' Eroge Talk?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

Haha, was just curious as to what kind of commitment we're talking about xD

#uknuimissyu

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Stop being so hard on yourself Chi, I'm gonna start assuming that's what you're going to school for.

Also Smashville centralizes the stage strike metagame. It is broken and it is banworthy.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Stop being so hard on yourself Chi, I'm gonna start assuming that's what you're going to school for.

Also Smashville centralizes the stage strike metagame. It is broken and it is banworthy.
lmao ya got me

thinkin bout driving down to this

jake let's (flex)(cool)(beer) it up in teams if i make it

also keep it MK legal so i can destroy all MKs in my path

Top Bottom