• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

somone look into this

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Its not going to be a crazy omg I cant even get out of it move or anything but it would be a really nice thing for those of you who are so bad *** w/ gannon that you have time to try for combo vid materials like this:

Theory: When you dash attack someone early and hit w/ ending frames of dash attack the opponent will be stunned for the same about of time as if hit by beginning/middle frames of attack. However because you hit w/ the ending frames the opponent wont be launched up but a few feet above ganon's head. Same stun shorter hit height.

Application: If you pull off a dash attack like this follow immediately w/ a reverse warlock punch. As the opponent recovers from his stun he will, assuming you've punished a few times w/ u-airs, air dodge right back down to earth. If the warlock punch is preformed right after an end frame dash attack it should hit right as the opponent hits the ground causing their invincibility frames to be gone and it should kill.

This would be very nice for people in the audience to watch and it would really make the other player look like such an unskilled player which, honestly, is what we all live for isn't it? I thought about this about a week ago and it's been on my mind for a bit. Someone should try and make it work and for sure you would be recognized by your peers as a great gannon player the moment you do it.

:lick: I dont get this face... Good luck if you do!

:034:

Smash Hero
Sounds manly.

But, really, there's not enough hitstun in Brawl, so this couldn't be pulled off. Sorry to disappoint.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
He's not saying this is a combo, but if someone gets used to you following all of your dash attacks with an up-air, you can mix things up with a Warlock Punch. It could work in theory but there is no definite. If nothing else, people FEAR the punch. Getting hit with the Punch over 30% is pretty much a stock, so they are not going to worry about punishing you but instead getting the hell out of there. Don't spam it and I'm sure you'll catch some people a few times.

Tenki

Smash Hero
What if you replace Warlock Punch with Volcano Kick?

it's faster, and the vacuum effect+slow moving air person caught off guard = fear

and if they land, they will probably get caught in a shield, and if shield breaks, then you can warlock punch to your happiness

._.; I'm working on trying to figure out better placement for volcano kick. It's a pretty awesome move, especially from edge, if you can predict your opponent's recovery.

[edit]
lol I saved a replay against a lv 9 lucas, 3 stocks, and the whole fight lasted about 42 seconds, if I remember right. I did a SH meteor smash off-level, but I think the highlight of the thing was using U-tilt as he was coming from edge and killing at an obscenely low %.

I don't have an SD card though D:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Its not going to be a crazy omg I cant even get out of it move or anything but it would be a really nice thing for those of you who are so bad *** w/ gannon that you have time to try for combo vid materials like this:

Theory: When you dash attack someone early and hit w/ ending frames of dash attack the opponent will be stunned for the same about of time as if hit by beginning/middle frames of attack. However because you hit w/ the ending frames the opponent wont be launched up but a few feet above ganon's head. Same stun shorter hit height.

Application: If you pull off a dash attack like this follow immediately w/ a reverse warlock punch. As the opponent recovers from his stun he will, assuming you've punished a few times w/ u-airs, air dodge right back down to earth. If the warlock punch is preformed right after an end frame dash attack it should hit right as the opponent hits the ground causing their invincibility frames to be gone and it should kill.

This would be very nice for people in the audience to watch and it would really make the other player look like such an unskilled player which, honestly, is what we all live for isn't it? I thought about this about a week ago and it's been on my mind for a bit. Someone should try and make it work and for sure you would be recognized by your peers as a great gannon player the moment you do it.

:lick: I dont get this face... Good luck if you do!

First off...

GANNON-BANNED!!

Secondly, I can see this working, but I don't see it working all of the time. I've used a flame choke to Warlock punch before (too bad I couldn't save that. :( ), but the punch is really situational in my opinion. You could certainly use this as a mind game, scare them into a corner, or figure out where they'll go. I dunno... give me time to figure this out. :-/

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Once us Gannon players learn the trick to landing VKick and his Warlock Punch....Ganon will be a force to be reckoned with...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Once us Gannon players learn the trick to landing VKick and his Warlock Punch....Ganon will be a force to be reckoned with...

www.gannon-banned.com

>.>

Anywho, I've gotten the Warlock punch and Vkick off more frequently in Brawl than I ever did in melee. Certainly more satisfying too. It's a matter of learning to access your opponent, judging where they'll go, and fire off that cannon once or twice.

:034:

Smash Hero
^ I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets insanely annoyed by the frequent misspelling of "Ganon".

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
^ I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets insanely annoyed by the frequent misspelling of "Ganon".
Haha! Seriously.
I've actually also got alot of KOs with vkick & warlock punch too. It's a hell lot better in brawl then melee for sure! Vkick also works as a nice edge guard weapon for Ganon.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
LOL nice "Gannon" ban post.

Anyway, I'm glad that people have realized that I mean this as quite a chance/situational move. Obviously this move will not work but maybe 10% of the time, and as such, you should only use it if you are winning badly.

Infact, the person who said people are scared of the warlock punch and would thus run away from it are probably pointing out the only people this move would ever work on. I'm thinking a end frame dash attack at the edge of the ledge followed by a back short hopped warlock punch into a warlock reversal. LOL try and figure that out.

Anyway, I saw a person talked about how there was not enough hit stun in brawl for this move to work and I totally agree. I do know, however, that there are people who get scared really easily into pulling crazy moves like airdodging right before they hit the ground. If you up air a kid enough he will start to airdodge into situations like this where the warlock reversal may just work.

Owell, don't waste your time trying to learn a crazy move like this. But if by chance you have the opportunity to try it, then by all means, make a name for yourself! AND SAVE THE DAM REPLAY!:chuckle:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I saw a vid of Ganon vs. Kirby one time, with a successful vKick. I gleaned the following information from that kick...

You want to use this move when someone jumps at you, and either

(a) Has apparently miscalculated your position, mistakenly ending up in front of you

(b) Is feinting (not actually doing anything - spot dodging, perhaps standing still)

You have to time the vKick pretty early on, as in, you have to sort of foresee their mistake before they land, or their plan to pull off bluff-type **** before they actually start it.

What you're trying to do is either catch them in bad timing (they've committed in some way to what they're doing), or psych them out *such that* they get a sort of tunnel vision, and go forward with their original, now invalid plan. It's really amazing to see this work against bluffers. They'll not realize you're vkicking, then they'll choose a really bad response, like dodging into the vacuum, or shielding. The lucky ones are mostly those who simply run away. And that's fear.

You need their nerves to give them mistakes in the next one-and-a-half seconds, possibly in the form of them overly delaying a punishing move, and that's how you'll hit them.

Its very dependent on opponent choice, but what else is new about Brawl. You do have true fright up on any other 'mistake'-dependent tactic. And if you make the prediction, it will land, and oh is the reward ever sweet.

Heh, Ganon-banned. . . :laugh:

Top Bottom