• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic a Noob character?

Super Wec

Smash Cadet
As I look around this boards, I see how everybody keeps saying that sonic is a noob char like Ike, Pit, etc and it ticks me off. What I dont get is how sonic is an easy char to use and how easy its to just pick up and play him. They just say that spamming spin dash is abusive and stuff.....Well doesnt anyone agress with me that sonic is NOT a noob char? :confused:

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Ha. Haha. HAHAHHAHAHAAHOHOHOOOOOHAAHAHAHAHAHOOHOAHAHAWHAHAWHA-HAHAHAAAAAAAYes. Yes, there are a great many people who will agree with you that Sonic is far from a noob character, and, in fact, the most difficult to use character in the game.

Welcome to the Sonic boards.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Yes sonic is one of if not the hardest character to play as in the game. To be good as Sonic you must be a more technical player and can't rely on strong attacks or long range or anything. You have speed and that about it. Technique is everything for a sonic player.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Well describing Sonic as a n00b character isn't exactly the same as saying he's an EFFECTIVE n00b character. It doesn't really matter, because in all eventuality, n00bs tend to flock to other (better) characters. So yes, Sonic is a n00b character, but only before said n00b comes to the sad realization that Sonic does indeed suck.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Sonic is a noob character if noobs are using him. The same could be said about every single character in the game.

That being said, Sonic is hard to use well.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
yeah but its freakin hilarious wehn noobs use sonic, they get destroyed.

well all noobs get destroyed, but compared to a noob wolf... a noob sonic would get about 10x more destroyed.

i think that says a lot about sonic's learning curve right there.
but yea, sonic isn't a terrible character, i mean.. jiggly is way worse, but its never easy to win with sonic.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
yeah but its freakin hilarious wehn noobs use sonic, they get destroyed.

well all noobs get destroyed, but compared to a noob wolf... a noob sonic would get about 10x more destroyed.

i think that says a lot about sonic's learning curve right there.
I Feel exactly the same way

R4ZE

Smash Ace
spin dashing off the stage isnt somthing that should always not be done. Somtimes it can save ur life, and its an upredictabel thing to do

thing is, if you do it after your second jump, u cant cancel it so u could kill urself.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Keep in mind that the only person I saw on the boards who seems to seriously believe Sonic is for noobs made a nice long angry post on the Olimar boards, saying that all he has to do to win is to stand in one place and cstick smashes... He also made a post of who he thinks is easy and hard to master, and his reasons are hilarious.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166317

R4ZE

Smash Ace
hahah. that thread is seriously full of fail.

5 more difficult to master: TL , DDD , Ganon, Snake , Diddy?!?!!? hahahahahah

TL is amazingly easy..
DDD is not exactly the hardest at all, my friend pwnz with him.. and with the exception of learning his timings and his chain grab... he is really easy.

ganon, ok... he is somewhat difficult to play good with

snake? .. wtf-r-u-on? snake is deffinately not.. anywhere enar easy to learn.

diddy is kinda around TL, maybe a bit worse becuzz of lack of kils, but hard to learn? think not.

and sonic is in his easy to pikcup list haha... olimar is too. wowwwwwwww

this kid.. he is just too smart for us i think. ima stop tho. i need to lol for a bit. =D

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
hahah. that thread is seriously full of fail.

5 more difficult to master: TL , DDD , Ganon, Snake , Diddy?!?!!? hahahahahah

TL is amazingly easy..
DDD is not exactly the hardest at all, my friend pwnz with him.. and with the exception of learning his timings and his chain grab... he is really easy.

ganon, ok... he is somewhat difficult to play good with

snake? .. wtf-r-u-on? snake is deffinately not.. anywhere enar easy to learn.

diddy is kinda around TL, maybe a bit worse becuzz of lack of kils, but hard to learn? think not.

and sonic is in his easy to pikcup list haha... olimar is too. wowwwwwwww

this kid.. he is just too smart for us i think. ima stop tho. i need to lol for a bit. =D
lol olimar may be one of the hardest master. Who said he was easy? XD

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Here is his thread from the Olimar boards:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165846

and I quote directly from the thread:

For god sakes, Olimar is such a n00b character! Now before you mods shoot the ban arrow, allow me to explain myself here:

Argument #1: Smash Attacks
When facing Olimar it's near impossible to get close to him because of his overly powerful, overly ranged, and overly prioritized side, up and down A attacks. I find it amusing how people come in this section and discuss "Advanced Olimar" tactics. Honestly, if you want to win, just sit in one spot and point the C stick where your opponent is. That is all you need to do. The Smash attacks are also way to fast considering their range. He throws the ****ing pikman way tooo far! Not only that, but a player can keep the pikmen circulating as a ridiculous speed. These two items combined, and the result is your opponent having a really really hard ****ing time even getting in attack range of you!

Argument #2: Priority
Almost all of Olimar's attacks are full priority. So their overly fast, overly powerful, and overly long range, and on top of it, they are full priority. Out of all my complaints with olimar, the priority is by far the biggest! If the priority was toned down a little, then the character might be fair. But of course not! His down aerial A thing, is possibly the cheapest **** ever. Full priority, instant kill if opponent is above 70%.

Argument #3: Damage
Olimar does sooo much ****ing damage almost to an unfair level. Well, then again, not almost, it is unfair. I dished out a mean *** 7 hit combo is CF, and delt around 50%. Olimar manages to hit me with 3 hits, and ties the game! WTF is that? These aren't even good hits, these are stupid pickmen throws. It's all BS, way to much damage!

Argument #4: K.O.ing
Is it just me, or is Olimar really hard to K.O. He plays like this light but powerful as hell character, but has air physics of a heavy character. Olimar can only be killed if hes up in the 120%-170% damage range, other then that, hes going to recover every time. You see i know your thinking: "Why don't you just spike him?" Well once again, his Arial attacks are way to high priority, and way to powerful. It's really god**** unsettling to jump out their knowing Olimar has these instant KO power moves!

Most of you Olimar nuts will disagree with me, but at the end of the day, Olimar is so cheap. If your opponent is lucky to even get to you, then he has to deal with a overly powered character. No skill, seriously no skill. Just admit it, hes a cool character, new, fresh, innovative, but poorly executed and poorly balanced.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
That thread is teh_failz
I lol'd when he said Sonic was spammable.

Edit: Olimar hard to K.O.!!! ROFL!!

Super-Donovan-64

Smash Rookie
I don't see how. If a n00b's using him, yeah, sure, but other than that, he's not. He takes getting used to, just like any other character, and it's mighty impressive what combos you can pull of on a person.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
spin dashing off the stage isnt somthing that should always not be done. Somtimes it can save ur life, and its an upredictabel thing to do

thing is, if you do it after your second jump, u cant cancel it so u could kill urself.
I meant Spin Dashing themselves off the stage and falling to their death. >.>

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
As I look around this boards, I see how everybody keeps saying that sonic is a noob char like Ike, Pit, etc and it ticks me off. What I dont get is how sonic is an easy char to use and how easy its to just pick up and play him. They just say that spamming spin dash is abusive and stuff.....Well doesnt anyone agress with me that sonic is NOT a noob char? :confused:
I do not really admire Sonic, but he is definately not a n00b character, he isn't overpowered, he requires that you be two steps ahead of your oppenent, unlike noob characteres, he requires a quick mind and practice.
I really enjoy his moveset, I like how all his movs work, only thing is how similiar his side-B and down-B are, can anyone PM on their differences? I won't be spending much time in this Sonic board.
Anyway, he is not a noob character. It probably has something to do with him being third party and his taunts make him look like a fat headed jerk.
Anyway, he is probably also called a noob character cause people who use slow characters don't know how to deal with his speed, so they come and cry about him.

Top Bottom