• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic drowning

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I know you guys are working really hard on this project, and please ignore this message if you can't do this feature or it will take too long, but what about if every time sonic is about to drown, the drowning music from sonic colors plays. It would be funny :). BTW you guys are doing a great job on this game and I can't wait for the final product.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I know you guys are working really hard on this project, and please ignore this message if you can't do this feature or it will take too long, but what about if every time sonic is about to drown, the drowning music from sonic colors plays. It would be funny :). BTW you guys are doing a great job on this game and I can't wait for the final product.
Taht would be a funny thing to add.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Pretty sure this can't be a part of the official P:M mod, since you can't swap in sound effects without modifying the game's ISO, which raises a lot of issues with public releases. Same reason they can't officially add Melee sound effects. However you could probably do this yourself, especially if Sonic has a unique drowning sound effect.

Also just my 2 cents, I prefer the original version of the theme as well. The Colors version was a great nod to fans of the Genesis titles, but the original is much more iconic.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Now that the Replacement Soundbank Engine codeset is out for hackless versions, this is actually a possibility for later releases. I hope they do it.

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
Yes this would be awesome for ALL the times you played on Delfino and decided to hang out in the water below 50% when you had over 4 seconds to swim before drowning.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I always found it strange that Sonic could do anything other than sink automatically when he lands in water. If anything, he should sink like Melee water in Great Bay.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah, I agree, even if it's a terrible idea for balancing.
Perhaps, but character accurate. If he needs to swim, give him arm floaties that lose their air as he struggles to stay above water. They could give him a sound effect that sounds like he's screaming and struggling too, though unnecessary, I'd find it hilarious.

Top Bottom