• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sonic Adventure 2 was released in 2001, so you're automatically wrong.

But if it is really that great, I have to give it a shot.
Ok then past 9 years God

But damn man that game is so good. There's replayibility like hell and the visuals are so good man.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I liked Sonic Colors more than Sonic Adventure 2, actually. SA2 had much better multiplayer, though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is Sonic Colors a puzzle like game?, I saw it at Fry's, saw it really cheap but the cover seemed like meh...

That's just how I felt, but after reading all these posts I believe I made of 'judged it' for something that it isn't.

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Is Sonic Colors a puzzle like game?, I saw it at Fry's, saw it really cheap but the cover seemed like meh...

That's just how I felt, but after reading all these posts I believe I made of 'judged it' for something that it isn't.

It's not

It's just Sonic running through all the levels with absolutely no gimmicks at all except wisps, which even then they don't shove down your throat and most are fun to use

OmegaXXII

I just thought the the controls would have been just as bad as The Black Knight's were.

well...in that case Im going to grab Colors instead of 06.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just thought the the controls would have been just as bad as The Black Knight's were.
Don't get me started on Unleashed's Werehog controls (on the Wii, at least).
So... darn... fidgety... I could barely get where I want since the moving was slippery.

OmegaXXII

Don't me me tell you how ackward Sonic and the Secret Rings was, I had alot of trouble tilting and turning just for him to get around without bumping.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
YESSSSSS I CAN FINALLY SEE WHAT MUSIC THEY'RE GIVING TO CITY ESCAPE

And they had better make Modern Sonic available. I'm more interested in his gameplay than I am in Classic Sonic's. What time will they launch the demo tomorrow?

OmegaXXII

Ah yes!! The moment of truth, Blue Blur finally turns 20.

I can't wait to see what it feels like compared to Sonic 4.

OmegaXXII

No doubt about that, people are already trying to make copies of it for reference purposes, I think it's just a marketing startegy to reel in more people for the modern Sonic demo.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, tomorrow will be interesting. Will the game be a pleasant surprise such as Colors or will the pessimists win again? I can't wait to find out.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You know, as cool as Green Hill Zone is, I liked Emerald Hill Zone better, particularly when it came to music.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Emerald Hill theme > GHZ > AIZ, for me.

But I still like the GHZ theme a lot.

Sonic really has a lot of good music. It's why a part me wishes this game could go the extra mile with an achievements list like in Sonic and the Black Knight, and once a certain objective is complete, a song is unlocked and can be played over a stage if a certain button is pressed on the selection screen.

The songs don't have to be remastered, but they'd be nice to have in there and represent the game from the specific era each Sonic is in. I.e., Emerald Hill Zone can be played in the Classic GHZ stage, and Right There, Ride On or Plant Kingdom can be played in the Modern GHZ stage.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I swear that if I hear Right There, Right On in a Sonic game again... *mumblemumblemumble*

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Happy 20th birthday Sonic!

Stopped playing the Sonic series back in the 90s with Sonic 3/S&K tho. :x

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The demo only features Classic Sonic's run in GHZ.

Before anyone is offput from this, though, some people have already cracked down on the files, and discovered data for Modern Ghz, and both City Escape levels, as well as
models for both Super Sonics
, so it's possible more content will be released in the demo as the days go by.

EDIT:
More data cracking reveals some shots of what appears to be Ocean Palace from Sonic Heroes. I personally like that; people keep saying it's a rehash of the Green Hill and City themes, but I see Ocean Palace as a ruins/water level, and it can certainly be reimagined as such in Generations.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I'm so mad that the demo only turned out to be Green Hill Zone with classic Sonic

I wanted City Escape with Modern Sonic :c

OmegaXXII

I wouldn't worry too much about City Escape, it will probably be Sonic's starting stage, it's always been associated with him.

But GHZ demo sure looks nice, gonna rip the Hi-Def music.=D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish the demo was longer. Oh well, it was fun. Looking forward to a Modern Sonic demo now, whenever they decide to release that.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I tried to Speed Run it. I'm aiming for sub-46, but I did pretty well on my first try. I like how they revamped GHZ and the Spin Dash. SO EPIC.

Now, for the Modern Sonic...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
UPDATE TIME!

First, more ripped music from the demo:

Title Screen
Green Hill Classic
Invincible Classic
Green Hill Modern
Green Hill Modern/Boosting
Invincible Modern
Level Clear
Drowning
1-Up
Link to the songs.

Next, the full level list has been uncovered. The list is consistent with the previous rumor that was flying around:

GHZ
Chemical Plant
Sky Sanctuary
Speed Highway
City Escape
Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace
Crisis City
Rooftop Run
Planet Wisp

Each stage is going to have 6 acts/missions for each Sonic. So, 9 x 6 x 2 = 108 stages. Holy ****.

And this does not include DLC that may come later.

Next, Power-ups!

Elemental Shields make a comeback! There are also powerups that coincide with the powerups from the respective games. Wisp powerups, etc.

The two rows of powerups on the bottom are the katakana spellings for Sonic's friends: Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, the Chaotix, Blaze, and Rouge. They will apparently be accessible in the form of powerups in the stages like the others, and can be used in co-op. There are also various "Vs." Acts, and "Co-op" acts with these characters too in the coding.

Boss areas have been unveiled in coding as well. There are fights against Modern Eggman, Classic Eggman, Metal Sonic, Silver, Shadow, the Egg Dragoon, and a "Death Egg" fight that I can only imagine is either the Sonic 2 final zone, or Doomsday Zone. There is another fight with the game's final boss.

*collapses*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There are 6 main games in the modern era. There are 3 Classic games that are universally recognized.

Seems fine to me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
As faulty as the game is, Sonic 06 is a milestone game, celebrating Sonic's 15th anniversary.

Top Bottom