• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Classic Sonic is the "gimmick" for this game. It makes sense that he gets paraded. Plus, since this will supposedly be the last time Classic Sonic appears before SEGA goes on its way past the 20th anniversary, it's ideal to give him one last hurrah.

C. Sonic still presents some personality in his levels beyond his idle animations. A nice amount of detail was given, even when Sonic kills an enemy just before he hits the ground.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
idk what it is??? But there was something more...vibrant about the live version. Like a more intense beat or something. This is still flat-out amazing though!! I do wanna hear what the modern versions are gonna sound like. Like, Sky Sanctuary? That's gonna be GORGEOUS!

Grandeza

Smash Master
I tried downloading the Sonic generations demo and it wouldn't let me because my Live account wasn't old enough ._. So I made a new one and got it.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
So,

Summer of Sonic just happened in the UK.

A certain song was played at the event.

Someone had the foresight to stream it so that the background noise can get cut off. Another person converted the song to mp3.

Classic City Escape is now on my Ipod.
OMG you lucky British people, you.

I live in the US and couldn't go to Sonic Boom. IT'S MY NAME!! Stupid school...

@Omega: Yay, another Follow Me fan! :D

@Segatendo: Whoa...30 minutes? HEAD RUSH.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Classic Sonic is the "gimmick" for this game. It makes sense that he gets paraded. Plus, since this will supposedly be the last time Classic Sonic appears before SEGA goes on its way past the 20th anniversary, it's ideal to give him one last hurrah.

C. Sonic still presents some personality in his levels beyond his idle animations. A nice amount of detail was given, even when Sonic kills an enemy just before he hits the ground.

Oh well I guess. I'm still honestly more interested in Modern Sonic just because I'm not that into 2D gaming and having spent the first 10 years of my life stuck on my Gamecube playing all the Classic Sonic games, I'm sick of it already. And it doesn't help I play Sonic 2 like hell on my phone :/

Also, I'm honestly disappointed there's no Mushroom Hill in the list of levels. Maybe it's because I never actually got past that act in Sonic & Knuckles, or maybe it's because I legit like it, but I honestly think that level is one of the best levels that Sega ever came up with. I can say the same about Angel Island Zone. Nobody can tell me that they wouldn't like to see Sonic run through a beautiful and luscious jungle that ultimately gets burned down and destroyed because Eggman had to be a douchebag about it.

Eh, maybe that's all in DLC and even if they end up being payed, I swear I'd buy the DLC if it had good levels

EDIT:

This reminds me, there's no level list for the 3DS version right?

finalark

SNORLAX
Finally got around to listening to the classic remix of city escape. I like how they basically made it 90srific for old Sonic, as it fits the era he's from.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm taking it that's a hack and not a glitch right?

But god damn it's so weird not seeing a 3D level where Sonic isn't trying to pump himself with steroids ever 5 minutes to try to go fast. If Modern Sonic could see him I bet you his words to him would be "You're too slow!"

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Btw what are the chances of someone being able to hack Modern Sonic into Classic Sonic's levels? I'd like to see that and chuckle to myself when the level suddenly becomes easy as hell with the Homing Attack and that speed boost thing

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
I'm taking it that's a hack and not a glitch right?
Yes, it's a hack. (game didn't like Classic Sonic passing the colored hoop at the end)
Just thought the video was worth sharing. :)

Btw what are the chances of someone being able to hack Modern Sonic into Classic Sonic's levels? I'd like to see that and chuckle to myself when the level suddenly becomes easy as hell with the Homing Attack and that speed boost thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orT1_jSfOcQ

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's what that was? I assumed it was a mistake in part of the camera he used to record that.

I also noticed that the fish didn't make any sound effects when he was chomping on the railing. Thought it was pretty funny

And thanks for the link

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man that level looks broken with Modern Sonic running through it lol. I bet you if someone could speed run that, they'd beat Classic Sonic's time by at least 5 seconds, if you somehow manage to avoid having to go down the tubes that require you to spin dash.

Which reminds me, why DID they take out the spin dash in favor of that stupid slide? They could've just remained with the somersault as a different button or something like in SA2 if they really needed Sonic to go under stuff. Hell, they could've just kept both the spin dash and the slide if they really needed to there's enough buttons for it if I'm not mistaken

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well on the bright side I've only played one Classic Sonic level in this game and they've managed to impress me more in this one level than they have in the entirety of Sonic 06

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Heh, seeing Classic Sonic in modern stages and vice versa actually makes me want that as a legitimate feature in the game. Looks pretty cool.

I'm sorry.
I tried looping to sound natural. I didn't mean to cut off the first verse >.<
Are you going to fix that later?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Which reminds me, why DID they take out the spin dash in favor of that stupid slide? They could've just remained with the somersault as a different button or something like in SA2 if they really needed Sonic to go under stuff. Hell, they could've just kept both the spin dash and the slide if they really needed to there's enough buttons for it if I'm not mistaken
Probably more of a design choice. The somersaults, in the Adventure series, put Sonic back on a set speed, no matter how fast he was going. Having Sonic use a slide allows him to keep momentum in a more realistic fashion.

Lol mariotehplumber

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So you want SEGA to see Mariotehplumber's reaction, take it as a representation of the fanbase as a whole, and make choices off of that?

I'm for SEGA taking fan opinions in a general fashion, but mariotehplumber is the last person I want them to take ideas from, lol.

Also, the stages are officially divided into three eras: The Classic era, the Adventure era, and the Modern era. There are three stages from each. Seems balanced.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This guy needs to chill

If I didn't see City Escape, Planet Wisp, that level from 06, and Emerald Coast and just a bunch of rehashed classic stages, I might've not even bothered getting this game. I'm pretty sure the plot is supposed to be someone rips a hole in the time space whatever and then both Sonics meet each other, not Modern Sonic going in a time travel adventure

And I honestly don't want SEGA to take this guy as all of our opinions. I don't want an overly angry teenager to be how SEGA views us :c

finalark

SNORLAX
but mariotehplumber is the last person I want them to take ideas from, lol.
He throws a ***** fit because he doesn't want to see levels from new games then explodes because Knuckles is in Green Hill zone. This are the people that make the Sonic fan base look bad and these are the people who need their noses broken. By my fist. Because I punched them.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, I think this guy is also looking at the choices for the newer levels pretty badly as well.

He's thinking it as Modern Sonic is gonna get to run in old levels, when he neglects the fact that Classic Sonic is gonna get to run in new levels. I'd like to see Classic Sonic run in City Escape and Planet Wisp imo, they'd be pretty cool to see as levels. May not be the reason why I want the game, but it has me intrigued.

Which reminds me, how would Planet Wisp work in this game even? We don't have Wisps anymore so it's not like we can get to all those inaccessible areas without them. Maybe they'll be in the form of a powerup or something, but idk, I don't know what to expect from that level

finalark

SNORLAX
He's thinking it as Modern Sonic is gonna get to run in old levels, when he neglects the fact that Classic Sonic is gonna get to run in new levels.
Welcome to the Sonic fan base :urg:

Which reminds me, how would Planet Wisp work in this game even? We don't have Wisps anymore so it's not like we can get to all those inaccessible areas without them. Maybe they'll be in the form of a powerup or something, but idk, I don't know what to expect from that level
I'm thinking that wisps will probably just be in monitors/capsules and will act as Power Ups.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Welcome to the Sonic fan base :urg:
God the Sonic fan base sure does suck. It's full of 13 year olds who make their own "custom" Sonics when all they do is just rip his sprites out of a game and just tweak it up a bit and call it their own

I'm thinking that wisps will probably just be in monitors/capsules and will act as Power Ups.
You mean like Classic Sonic's Werehog transformation that the guy said had an icon according to that video?

Which reminds me, they're putting a Werehog transformation in the first place in this game because A. the ****ing level is from Sonic Unleashed, which half of it's gameplay was being a Werehog. They'd be stupid to ignore that, even if it was the unpopular part of the game and B. I'm pretty sure they're going to put parts of ever game in the level. I mean, Classic City Escape has a skateboard powerup, Planet Wisp MAY get Wisps, so why shouldn't the Unleashed level get a Werehog transformation? That's basically the gimmick that that game was following at the time so they might as well

finalark

SNORLAX
God the Sonic fan base sure does suck. It's full of 13 year olds who make their own "custom" Sonics when all they do is just rip his sprites out of a game and just tweak it up a bit and call it their own
That not even the worse of it. I remember back when Sonic 4 came out I ended up debating with a guy *****ing because SONIC DOESN'T HAVE AN IDLE ANIMATION (even though he does in S4).

You mean like Classic Sonic's Werehog transformation that the guy said had an icon according to that video?
Link or it didn't happen.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That not even the worse of it. I remember back when Sonic 4 came out I ended up debating with a guy *****ing because SONIC DOESN'T HAVE AN IDLE ANIMATION (even though he does in S4).
Oh yeah I heard that Sonic didn't have his "tude" in that game. I still don't get why people say that game sucks. Oh no this isn't Genesis era physics so this game sucks. In reality that game was really good and if I thought that the game was good on a mobile device then there has to be something to that game if even the phone version was decent.

Link or it didn't happen.
idk, just look somewhere in that bunch of rant of a video and it gets mentioned somewhere in there

EDIT:

Oh look, there ARE Wisp icons in the list that was leaked. Ok yeah my worries for Planet Wisp are appeased, I just wanted to know if Wisps would be there or not

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hm, I wonder what the extra stuff will be for other games. We apparently have elemental shields for S3, the skateboard for SA2, the Werehog for SU, and Wisps for SC. Are we going to have team play in SH? What about Sonic '06? Very intriguing...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hm, I wonder what the extra stuff will be for other games. We apparently have elemental shields for S3, the skateboard for SA2, the Werehog for SU, and Wisps for SC. Are we going to have team play in SH? What about Sonic '06? Very intriguing...

Well I think the guy in the vid DID say that Knuckles had a model in this game or something. Maybe he'll have something to do with Sonic and maybe Tails for the SH level. And for Sonic 06 I have no idea what kind of gimmick they'd give that level. I mean that game as ****ty as it is really doesn't have a clear gimmick either (well Silver WOULD count as a gimmick, but he's a character, not an actual gameplay mechanic). Maybe they could give that level really ****ty physics and glitches :awesome:

Top Bottom