• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
And a week before mine :p
I wonder what the level will be.
Here's hoping for City Escape since they milk that gameplay along with Green Hill.
That'll more than likely be the case if it's Modern Sonic they're showcasing. City Escape is such a staple zone for Modern Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only modern sonic game I've played is Sonic's Adventure. I feel so left out of the era past that.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I feel so left out of the era past that.
In most cases, this is voluntarily done by most people considering the reception of Sonic games past SA2 was generally bad sans Sonic Colors and perhaps Sonic Unleashed Day Stages.

I would say you're not missing out on anything, but I like Sonic Heroes and Unleashed, both night and day stages.

Everything else, such as Sonic 06 and those story book games, you can ignore.

UberMario

Smash Master
In most cases, this is voluntarily done by most people considering the reception of Sonic games past SA2 was generally bad sans Sonic Colors and perhaps Sonic Unleashed Day Stages.

I would say you're not missing out on anything, but I like Sonic Heroes and Unleashed, both night and day stages.

The Sonic Advance series was great, though. It fused the gameplay styles of classic Sonic and 3D/Modern Sonic.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Oh yeah, I wasn't really including the handheld sonics but yes, I enjoyed the Sonic Advance series and Sonic Rush games as well.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
According to Sega's blog, the demo is for Modern Sonic's Green Hill :c

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The demo date's been bumped up a day earlier. It'll be out tomorrow.

Only thing I want out of the demo is a potential list of mp3 files. GIVE ME MAH CLASSIC SEASIDE HILL BJDSBKJBSJL

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The demo date's been bumped up a day earlier. It'll be out tomorrow.

Only thing I want out of the demo is a potential list of mp3 files. GIVE ME MAH CLASSIC SEASIDE HILL BJDSBKJBSJL
Let's hope we find some more music :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm...I was thinking, why hasn't a fan made "I am the Walrus" using the sonic characters Rotor Walrus and Eggman?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

I would disagree, I say you shouldn't ignore Black Knights considering it was a pretty decent game. My only complaint for it would be the short length and the somewhat ******** story, which is all made up for the fact that

And the game's amazing music

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So... yea...
I checked this morning on the XBL marketplace and I saw no demo.
>_>

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Just Modern Sonic's Green Hill? Oh well.

I wonder if Sega will goof and just release the entire game again just with everything else locked. :troll:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Is that for just Xbox or does that apply to PS3 as well?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Other than the Sonic collector's edition just being in Europe, Europe is also getting a massive rayman collection.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The U.S. PSN network won't get it until next week, in accordance to Microsoft's bought policy of having demos of certain game titles out on only their network some time in advance before other systems. Nothing new.

That said U.S. owners of XBLA can now get the demo. People are downloading it like crazy.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I gotta wait until a friend of mine delivers the 360 back to me after he repaired it, lol.

Gotta get an XBLA account, I suppose. I heard that signing on to it the first time grants you 3 Gold Account thingies, so I can get the demo once I register.

Someone mind corrrecting me if I'm wrong.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So why the **** did Omachao become so annoying? I swear the new voice actor for him (her?) sucks balls and the fact that it's everywhere is even more annoying >_>

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I gotta wait until a friend of mine delivers the 360 back to me after he repaired it, lol.

Gotta get an XBLA account, I suppose. I heard that signing on to it the first time grants you 3 Gold Account thingies, so I can get the demo once I register.

Someone mind corrrecting me if I'm wrong.
The first 3 XBL GTs you create on your 360 are eligible for "1 month XBL gold trials".

Infract me for a double post, I don't really care.

ENDING MEDLEY THEME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLK_vWErCQ&feature=player_embedded
*Merges posts together* :)

EDIT: And I downloaded and played the demo. It was pretty good and this is coming from someone who has only played sonic 1-3 and s&k back in the 90s. I liked the 'modern' viewpoint better because it was different and more fun than the 'classic' viewpoint.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I played both Sonics a few times.
Classic felt a little better. He seemed heavy, but at least the spindah was nerfed a little.
As for Modern Sonic, it felt sooo good playing him. The controls were tight and fast.

Also, KILL OMOCHAO. HE'S FREAKIN' ANNOYING!

As for the music, I'll listen to it later.

BSP

Smash Legend
Is the demo still only for Gold members?

Even if it isn't, I still can't get it because my account can't DL RP stuff lol. Or has it been rated now? In which case, I may get gold just to get this demo.

EDIT: somehow, my posts that end with zeroes (100, 200, 1000, etc.) always seem to be sonic related lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
But is it Gold only?
Not sure since I'm not a Silver member.

Also, I heard that medley.
Sega can take my money's money, for all I care, since that made me feel happy on the inside.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to say that classic sonic is just as good, except only if classic green hill zone didnt suck so much balls compared to the modern version

:phone:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I'm glad people are opening their eyes to Modern Sonic's unleashed/colors-like gameplay. Speedruns in Unleashed were beyond godlike and I expect no different here in Generations. Too bad alot of people were too busy being frustrated to get this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glfx6LBbbGY

Top Bottom