• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic glitch become Brawls wavedashing?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Ok, I know there's no wavedashing in brawl but I found this sonic glitch that makes him jump a longer distance. You can do the long jump for shield wavedashing smash attack wavedashing and grab wavedashing.

To perform the glitch you have to:
1. go to training mode(or brawl with one of your friends on wifi) and choose sonic
2. do the spindash( foward-b spindash)
3. as soon as you leave the ground point the controll stick up.
4. you do an advanced jump about to the other side of the map(if your on FD or Battlefield)
5. if someone is on the other side of the map you can grab, shield, or smash attack wavedashing(if it is wavedashing).

Could this be Brawl wavedashing? or not?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well. since Brawl didn't intend to include wavedashing I'd say not, but might closely resemble it I guess

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Is this with no controller configuration custom setup? Or with?
uhhhh.... without? all you have to do is regular spindash( forward B spindash) and as soon as you let go of the B button you press up on the standard controll stick up. and there you go sonics long jump. you can do a sheild grab or smash wavedash(if it is wavedashing).

J18

Smash Journeyman
No this isn't anything close to wavedashing. It's called a spinshot and it's all in the Sonic boards. It does not even come close to resembling a wavedash, it's just a way to get more horizontal distance on a jump and/or recovery. (Yes it's do-able in the air but only with the Spindash). I'm just wondering do you even know what a wavedash is? Because I can't even explain how much this is NOT a wavedash. Not even remotely similar. Nowhere near. And if you didn't get it yet, IT IS NOT A WAVEDASH AND IT DOES NOT EVEN GET REMOTELY CLOSE TO RESEMBLING ONE. So, to answer your question, no this could not be wavedashing. And no this is not a glitch, you're just JC'ing the spindash right after the spindash and the spindash momentum carries you forward, and that's why it leaves you without a second jump. SOMEBODY PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
Yeah it just seems like a long horizontal jump... might be good for recovery but honestly you might as well just run or do a normal double jump to get a cross the stage.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
uhhhh.... without? all you have to do is regular spindash( forward B spindash) and as soon as you let go of the B button you press up on the standard controll stick up. and there you go sonics long jump. you can do a sheild grab or smash wavedash(if it is wavedashing).
Spinshotting. It's in the Sonic boards already.XD

Dinko,you haven't fought me in a long while,how about a re-match sometime?

L__

Smash Master
I find it interesting how about 10 people restated the same thing but half of them were severely upset.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
No this isn't anything close to wavedashing. It's called a spinshot and it's all in the Sonic boards. It does not even come close to resembling a wavedash, it's just a way to get more horizontal distance on a jump and/or recovery. (Yes it's do-able in the air but only with the Spindash). I'm just wondering do you even know what a wavedash is? Because I can't even explain how much this is NOT a wavedash. Not even remotely similar. Nowhere near. And if you didn't get it yet, IT IS NOT A WAVEDASH AND IT DOES NOT EVEN GET REMOTELY CLOSE TO RESEMBLING ONE. So, to answer your question, no this could not be wavedashing. And no this is not a glitch, you're just JC'ing the spindash right after the spindash and the spindash momentum carries you forward, and that's why it leaves you without a second jump. SOMEBODY PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.
Harsh Much?! Go back to the Sonic boards trollXD

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Trolls aren't smart.
he is.

lurkmoar poastless
This is a "game" forum last time I checked. Emphasis on Game. If this were in Tactical,it would be different,but it's just in the General Discussion,which is filled with idiotic topics such as "Do You Look Like Your Main? "and the like.

Flames are never necessary. ever.

Seriously,people need to lighten up a little.

Top Bottom