• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Glitch Found - Triple Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

I'm very tempted to go labbing this, for fun...xD

Though I am 85% sure it will be patched eventually, but, asking all you more experienced Sonic users, think this can actually be viable to use for stage-spike survivability?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Perhaps when Lugi footstool jumped on top of Sonic upon his rise during Spring Jump allowed Sonic to do it again?

This was something that was possible to do in Brawl with Snake, actually. You'd let Snake use his Cypher recovery once, & then if you went to try footstooling him, you wouldn't bounce on his head since the Cypher still goes on, & then Snake would be able to use Cypher again. It was something Snake players used for in Doubles especially well because it saved them the trouble of using their C4 as means of blowing themselves up to do it repeatedly.

EDIT: Personally, I don't know if this is a glitch or not. Then again, patches were never a thing for SSBBrawl, so I guess it just feels odd to me if this ever gets patched out or not.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That'd make sense...except... there's no way that he could have gotten a third spring, since Mario only footstooled once O^O

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
That'd make sense...except... there's no way that he could have gotten a third spring, since Mario only footstooled once O^O
Naturally when you're hit against a wall like what Luigi did to Sonic using Spring Jump once, he gets to Spring again. And Luigi attempted to footstool jump during the second spring attempt which plays out why he's able to Spring a third time.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Naturally when you're hit against a wall like what Luigi did to Sonic using Spring Jump once, he gets to Spring again. And Luigi attempted to footstool jump during the second spring attempt which plays out why he's able to Spring a third time.
No but check out later in the video, where Mario bairs Sonic to stage-spike him, Sonic does up B, gets footstooled and up Bs again, Mario is about to land onstage, and Sonic up Bs AGAIN O^O

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Mario footstooled Sonic twice.
Old mechanic. Not a glitch. Been in since Brawl. :applejack:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
He footstooled twice? o.o'

Huh...it's hard to see that xD But I guess it would explain it.

I knew about the mechanic of, footstools on Sonic's up B being able to refresh it, but, I didn't notice he footstooled twice xD

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
uuuuuuuuuuuugh

:093:

Status