• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Grab Release Thread (lol chaingrabs)

Browny

Smash Hater
And I was looking foward to infiniting Wario too. Well, at least I have my Brawl+ jab lock infinite on everybody lol.:laugh:
you still can? jab lock to the end of the stage, dash grab his get up animation and air release him over the edge over and over

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
They'll get up before you can do that.
No, I meant that you can grab them again and repeat the setup.

Although, I guess I was thinking that Sonic air releases Wario for some reason:psycho:

My bad.

But really, how often do people SDI out of jab locks. They actually have to SDI multiple times to get out of it (if you're doing it right), and a lot of people seem to give up after their first try doesn't work lol.

And if you see them SDI, you could still try to side B them or something to get another footstool (I haven't tried it myself honestly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
or you could just walk further forward between your jabs...

the jab lock timing is actally STUPIDLY lenient. you can take like forever between jabs.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Yeah, that's what I was talking about when I said "doing it right." However, if they manage to get two SDIs on any particular jab then the jab lock won't work (can be done by SDIing with both sticks, but nobody remembers to do that. Still kinda hard because of the small window).

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
wait you can't aerial grab-release with Sonic? he's too short to do it, unless i'm mistaken you can force your opponent to aerial grab release if their feet don't touch the ground and if you stop pummeling them.

so does someone wanna clear this up for me? I know Falcon can CG MK this way, but I didn't know Sonic could.

someone please explain this to me.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Correct Ayaz, your opponent has to be shorter than you and still short that his/her feet don't touch the floor at all.

It's silly, Sonic can't force an air release on Wario or Meta Knight.

I'm not really sure which characters are guaranteed an air release for Sonic except maybe Squirtle.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
sooooooooo................

what does it say that we can CG MK?

the only place this can work is like YI, but the platform will mess with you so your screwed either way.

Destroy my dreams will you. Also my buddy has left his camera at my house for like 2-3 months and hasn't picked it up yet.........so i'm probably going to try an use it to record some matches so you guys can get an impression of my skill.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think they meant something like when MK DOES get air-released, and maybe when he does/n't have his second jump, that you can CG him.

Even if you can't air-release him at will, you can still do some stupid things to him, like an FTilt I believe is a guaranteed move you can do afetr he ground-breaks.

It's just about knowing your options, whicjh is why I really do like Sonic' grab-game, even if his reach isn't as impressive.

infomon

Smash Scientist
We can't force an air-release, but the rules for what causes an air-release are bizarre enough that we can often get a chain going since noone (myself included) remembers what to do to avoid it lol. iirc..... idk

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How about Dtilt? Jab? You must be able to do SOMETHING to him out of a ground-break.

I'm too lazy to edit out the brackets, so just read it darnit.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Iirc, you can force air release wario if you actually catch/grab him in the air but before he touches the ground. This works for me as I did it in the middle of Final D because as Tenki said, grabbing people in the air actually makes them higher off the ground.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I think his second jump also needs to be void in order for that to work.

Wario is still @#$%ing hard to grab though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the only ground GRs that have guaranteed follow ups is on ness and lucas.

after a ground GR both players have 30 frames of lag. shield comes out on frame 1 MK can block any attack

not to mention that down and f tilt both come out of frame 6....

Irsic

Smash Ace
Why Ness's don't complain about Bowser's chaingrab:

PK Fire Lock (Bowser vs Ness is ****ing ********. Ness can spam PK Fire from 0% > 120~%)

Why Lucas boards don't complain about Bowser's Chaingrab:

Truthfully, I have no idea.... maybe its because FAR more people play Marth over Bowser? xD

About the thread:

Now I see why people don't smoke pot, that little bit made me laugh. Nice story, with a funny moral.

:mewtwo:

/useless post/
Not a hard match up for Lucas by any means. A good Lucas can be pretty hard to shield grab, and he will attempt to wear down your shield.

It just really isn't of a concern.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my thread is only wearing down because i havent come up with anything new in a while.

im trying to focus on this GR stuff and making sure i have the basics on lock.

when i come up with some thing new, that thread will be poppin again

Top Bottom