• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic is ********...

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
As if the homing attack wasn't easy enough to counter...snake's back air sex kick is perfect to just completely denying Sonic...

Its pretty easy to already time out the back air and hit it with the initial kick and just get a free kill...but even if you leave it extended, he still flies straight into it, providing good dmg, knockback, and a kill if he has enough damage, why do Sonic players even attempt a homing attack on Snake? Snake's up air works just as well, depending on the angle you are at and how the homing attack is being aimed at you...

His spin dash can be canceled out by Snake's street fighter jab spam...and you can jab or ftilt fast enough to punish him, really Sonic players, get some new tricks

I dunno, the point of this thread is wow, Sonic completely sucks against Snake...

Tenki

Smash Hero
As if the homing attack wasn't easy enough to counter...snake's back air sex kick is perfect to just completely denying Sonic...

Its pretty easy to already time out the back air and hit it with the initial kick and just get a free kill...but even if you leave it extended, he still flies straight into it, providing good dmg, knockback, and a kill if he has enough damage, why do Sonic players even attempt a homing attack on Snake? Snake's up air works just as well, depending on the angle you are at and how the homing attack is being aimed at you...
Good Sonic players know how to aim the HA while gimping >_>

The only times I can think of when a homing attack acts/positions that way against Snake is when you're on-stage or when the Sonic is higher than you, and generally, you shouldn't use Homing Attack when you're higher than your opponent if you're trying to gimp.

His spin dash can be canceled out by Snake's street fighter jab spam...and you can jab or ftilt fast enough to punish him, really Sonic players, get some new tricks

I dunno, the point of this thread is wow, Sonic completely sucks against Snake...
>_> The new tricks are aerial spindashes that do multiple hit combos and can be shield cancelled. The newest one includes a 5-hit 40-52 damage combo vs grounded opponents, but that's like impossible to do, so we'll just stick with the 30 damage one instead. :psycho:

It's an up-hill matchup from the Sonic side, unless you like... know everything about Snake's range and delays or keep him off-stage with b-airs, n-airs and (well positioned) homing attacks.

------------
I was hoping the thread would be a nooby snake player saying something like "omg sonic is broken >.< he can atk out of his upB", but this thread is okay too lol

Solid Samus

Smash Cadet
Sonic has his work cut out for him against experienced Snake players I think...I played against a Sonic in a local tournament and came out of the fight without losing a stock. It's possible he sucked of course, but it just seems like he is an easy matchup for Snake.

Top Bottom