• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Nuff said

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Eggman will probably play a role in the Subspace emmisary indeed.

Knowing Sakurai and his love for RETRO, he will use the first Eggman(Robotinik) boss from Sonic 1

In his floating machine with that ball swinging :)
He just has to.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Because of this update...

Brawl > OR = Halo 3.

For the best game in exsistence.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Because of this update...

Brawl > OR = Halo 3.

For the best game in exsistence.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Halo 3, best game in existence? It's not even the best FPS. Perfect Dark is better. Seriously, that game is a huge disappointment now that I've actually played it. It's barely distinguishable from Halo 2.

Urkel for brawl!

In all seriousness, I think i'd never main sonic if I knew Urkel was doing his voice ⌐⌐

The more I think about it, there are just too many good characters in this game. I don't think I'm going to main anyone. I'm just going to play with everyone.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Halo 3, best game in existence? It's not even the best FPS. Perfect Dark is better. Seriously, that game is a huge disappointment now that I've actually played it. It's barely distinguishable from Halo 2.
Quoted for truth.

Seriously though, if you think about it, they already had the Sonic model for their work on the "Mario and Sonic at the Olympics" game. Along with Knuckles and other Sonic regulars.

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Just like some other people, i registered on this site like ages ago (date should be in my profile) but because this update is that big I had to come see peoples reactions.

Im really happy, for me SSBB seems like its going to be the best game of my life so far. The ONLY thing im scared about is something being bad on the Online mode- Because apart from Multiplayer, thats the only thing which gives the game replayability, so i want it to be amazing.

People complain about putting the game back, but i think its a GOOD thing because that means theyre making improovements (because something might not be right). Id rather have that than get it earlier and be dissapointed with something. This game has got to last us years before they make another so an extra month's wait is definatly worth it.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Just like some other people, i registered on this site like ages ago (date should be in my profile) but because this update is that big I had to come see peoples reactions.

Im really happy, for me SSBB seems like its going to be the best game of my life so far. The ONLY thing im scared about is something being bad on the Online mode- Because apart from Multiplayer, thats the only thing which gives the game replayability, so i want it to be amazing.

People complain about putting the game back, but i think its a GOOD thing because that means theyre making improovements (because something might not be right). Id rather have that than get it earlier and be dissapointed with something. This game has got to last us years before they make another so an extra month's wait is definatly worth it.
Quoted for TRUTH!

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
Now if either megaman or any ninja turtle gets in the game life as u kno it will b sweettt aaaahhhhhh sonic o0o0 man he's in I'm still exicited even tho0 I found out about dis 12 hrs ago

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, there are just too many good characters in this game. I don't think I'm going to main anyone. I'm just going to play with everyone.
Well, same... but when I say main I mean play them more than the others. Right now it's looking like Ike, Metaknight, and Sonic.

If Ness and Luigi return, them, too.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Well, same... but when I say main I mean play them more than the others. Right now it's looking like Ike, Metaknight, and Sonic.

If Ness and Luigi return, them, too.
Im looking at Sonic, Meta Knight, Snake, PKMN Trainer here.

Oh and Falco offcourse, IF he returns(Please god make him return :( )

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL I love this; it's simple, but funny:

But I was seriously surprised that the delay didn't upset me that much (comes to show how much Sonic being in Brawl means to me). But announcing Sonic was probably a ploy to keep people's anger down over the delay. Well, GOOD JOB NINTENDO, as it worked for me (and probably other Sonic fans).

miller483

Smash Ace
LOL I love this; it's simple, but funny:

But I was seriously surprised that the delay didn't upset me that much (comes to show how much Sonic being in Brawl means to me). But announcing Sonic was probably a ploy to keep people's anger down over the delay. Well, GOOD JOB NINTENDO, as it worked for me (and probably other Sonic fans).
LMAO. I'm kinda disappointed with the delay, too. But you guys know what this means right?

MORE UPDATES!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!

YAY!!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm basically the last person alive to find out the news, but I'm super giddy about it. It was weird how I found out about it though.

I was sitting in Sci-Fi class, on the computer, done typing whatever it was I was supposed to be typing, and decided to randomly check VG Cats to see if there was a new comic since I was last there. In the first new update, the dude that runs the site said something about Sonic being in Brawl and I thought he was talking about one of his recent comics (he did one just a week or two ago referencing photoshop pics of Sonic in Brawl). Then it occurred to me that today was the day that NyaseNya claimed Sonic would be announced, and suddenly my little heart started palpitating. I couldn't check the dojo on the school computer (blocked), so when I finally got home after hanging out with some friends after school, I checked the dojo and my head exploded.

/Giddy ramblings

Anyway, love Sonic. Love the moves we've seen him use (aside from possibly that spring), love the music, love his Super Sonic-ness, love life.

Brawl is my Jesus.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
LMAO. I'm kinda disappointed with the delay, too. But you guys know what this means right?

MORE UPDATES!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!

YAY!!!
true that means more updates

i was wondering how sakurai was going to reveal alot of the info for the game before its release

but i guess this works

even though this feels like a apologetic update

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This delay with Sonic got me thinking; It could even be that Nintendo, all this time, planned to hold off on revealing Sonic until they come upon an unfortunate bump in the road (i.e. the delay).

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Let me first start off, by saying 'HOLY ****'

I thought I was high when I saw the name 'Sonic' under the CHALLENGER APPROACHING label, but then I realized I don't smoke weed. I didn't really think he would make it in, so I got excited when I saw his profile pic. This is such a coincidence, because I had a feeling today's update would be great.

The Mario vs Sonic rivalry begins December 3rd!

Florida

イーグランツ
The Mario vs Sonic rivalry begins December 3rd!
About that...

Anyway, I was definitely wrong about Sonic. I've always known he would be included in the game, but I never imagined him fitting well. After seeing his video: his special moves look superb, his normal attacks look great, and he just looks awesome all around!

The thing that excites me the most about Sonic is his jump animation / SFX when he jumps ^.^

Oh, and, Circus:

https://8.kproxy.com
(yes, HTTPS://)

Unblockers are useful :)
Unless, of course, the unblockers get blocked :urg:

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
NOOOooo...............Hmmmm, yep its Sonic nuff said
Y' know I was going to wait a day til I posted, mmmmmbut OH MY SWEET**** Sonics in the FRAYYEEE!!!!!! I check the Dojo for some unexpected update, but today was unexpected... REEAAALLLLY unexpected.
I seriously was going to think that this site Flooding with posts from Sonic fans, crashing my computer possibly seems I'll have to wait another day. Hmm, Guess all I can say is," I can't wait".
Also I heard that Brawl was delayed, is this true I hope not!
False Right?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Yay for sonic

But has anyone taken time to look at the other vid? It's more informational

What i got from the vid was..
Metaknight's forward B was doing 17% damage.. at first i thought it was 28%, but then i noticed that peach had ftilted.
Peach's ftilt looks slower.
Peach bomber has ice properties now, and it did 16% in the vid
Zamus has the same nair as old link

Lucas's Pk is cool. It looks like a pk flash, but flashier :p
Multiple taunts is good.
I needa know what that fairy thing was that zelda did (Taunt?)

Also, Damage Ratios are most likely upped a little. They showed boozer at 248% and still not dead.
Anyone else notice anything?

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
I doubt Sonic would be the only representated one for Sonic series, duh. but I found this.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item10.html (Golden Hammer Item)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Rose (Amy Rose using that "golden hammer")

Originally called the Piko Hammer, also reverd to Squeezy hammer, just what was explained at Dojo.

not all Items autcomattically confirms a character, but since Brawl need more couples/females or at least just a partner from the same serie.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, and, Circus:

https://8.kproxy.com
(yes, HTTPS://)

Unblockers are useful :)
Unless, of course, the unblockers get blocked :urg:
Many thanks. :)

The unblockers do get blocked though. Whenever a new one starts getting used, it gets blocked a little while later (unless it's only used by a very small number of people, I think).

I've been through, like, 4 proxies before. But this one will certainly buy me some time.

Peach bomber has ice properties now, and it did 16% in the vid
I think those are hearts coming out of her hip, not icy vapors. They basically just upped the girliness (yeah, I guess it was possible).

I needa know what that fairy thing was that zelda did (Taunt?)
Yeah, I think Zelda has her normal taunt back, but Link has a new one (whether that helps prove the presence of multiple taunts or not, I can't say. But I'd sauy it's a good guess). I think that fairy thing was part of Link's taunt somehow (which is why Link needed to be next to Zelda. Basically, I think the creators staged it to look like something it wasn't).

Also, Damage Ratios are most likely upped a little. They showed boozer at 248% and still not dead.
I think that's just because the heavier characters now have that flinch-resistance. To make up for the lack of speed and agility, Sakurai and his team are making characters like Bowser much harder to KO.

Or maybe whoever was playing Bowser was REALLY good at staying alive.

*chucks two cents on the table*

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
Chain Grabs Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st i nearly spilled my cereal on myself wen i saw this lol but seriously did u c when sonic grabbed donkey kong look closer he grabbed him out of the air!!!!!!!!! CHAIN GRABS CONFIRMEDDDDDDDDD

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
And with this, every single update I ever wanted has been confirmed. I am truly, truly happy.

Looks like we got competition, eh Kirby?
:kirby:

Florida

イーグランツ
Many thanks. :)

The unblockers do get blocked though. Whenever a new one starts getting used, it gets blocked a little while later (unless it's only used by a very small number of people, I think).

I've been through, like, 4 proxies before. But this one will certainly buy me some time.
Just to let you know, it's a very CRAPPY proxy.
But it's the only one at our school (which we can find) that isn't blocked, so hey.

You'll be able to view content and pictures at the DOJO with this proxy, but don't expect to watch any videos!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Just to let you know, it's a very CRAPPY proxy.
But it's the only one at our school (which we can find) that isn't blocked, so hey.

You'll be able to view content and pictures at the DOJO with this proxy, but don't expect to watch any videos!
Hey, a crappy proxy to you may be golden for me. None of the ones I've ever used before have seemed all that good.

But good to know. I can deal without videos for a while, especially with how rarely video updates come.

Actually, I'm not going to be using computers too much more until next semester (when I'll be on one pretty much every day), and by that time, Brawl may already be released. So I guess we'll just see what happens.

Regardless, thanks again.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
They're were definitly counting on Sonic being a big apperance here by the way they over empthesised him in his preview video XD

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I guess the only B Special Move we don't know is Neutral B...I have no idea what that could be. What's his Aerial Diagonal Kick though? You can Charge in the air surely? This Update answers nothing - except for Up + B being used as a jump pad...on the ground, that may explain why he did an Aerial after he jumped...he was just using the Jump Pad.

Top Bottom