• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Sagara Kojin to imasu...

Im JayBee here, but you can call me Kojin, I'm from VA. (Lukky, stop calling me Master Kojin, its embarrassing...)

My progress didn't really grow that much with Sonic until I started playing with Tenki in the Summer online. since then my sonic game exploded in a matter of speaking. I've branched out from those experiences and developed my own personal style, I've basically mastered all of Sonic's techs, and only practice to fine tune certain elements when need be.

I've started my Kojin tech lab here months ago with the intention of being a factory for innovating the sonic meta, and its the first thread ive had that still lives. I consider myself a regular at the Sonic boards, and do my best to not only create a better sonic, but tell those his gameplay in the least confusing way possible. It seems to have gotten results, so that's why I keep it alive. for now.

But when you play me, (unless its online, i goof off) I let it loose. I am a disciple of STEAK, after all...

If anything, i need to improve my tourney experience, but time and money sometimes does not allow it. I'll do better, i promise...

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Hey I'm Lizam. I'm a pretty big lurker with a low post count

I just finished my final year of high school, so I can finally put more time into smash.

I played a lot of melee, yet didn't go to any tournaments but decided to pick it up once brawl came around.
Except it took bloody ages for it to come out here in AUS

I've mained Sonic since day 1, and i've been playing brawl as much as I possibly could this year, and I think I've become pretty decent.

I've been to one tourney so far, and wouldn't mind going to more when the opportunities come around.

Currently I'm playing Sonic Unleashed (massive sonic fan if you haven't realised) and some other Xbox 360 games, so it's been hard to juggle brawl in there.

My local/RL friend's don't play brawl as near as much as me (except for one who lives far) so I usually play a lot of wifi with aussies I've met over forums.

That's pretty much it.

P.S: Sonic Unleashed (Xbox360/Ps3 that is, Haven't played Wii/Ps2) is the best Sonic game in years. Don't let the reviews bias your opinion, try it first before judging.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^ yey, go meet djbrowny in a tourney some time lol.

Anyone who's followed the Steak Break Room should know about Sonic Unleashed pretty well by now. There was this time when I did a rundown of it and ranted about how the different versions were, and which one you should get.

Lucky you ;3

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
^ yey, go meet djbrowny in a tourney some time lol.

Anyone who's followed the Steak Break Room should know about Sonic Unleashed pretty well by now. There was this time when I did a rundown of it and ranted about how the different versions were, and which one you should get.

Lucky you ;3
Yeah, after reading the Sonic Retro boards some time, i got the impression that the 360/PS3 version was much more superior. The two version are almost completely different games.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Lizam, you should post here more D:

But since you're a lurker, what are your thoughts about the Sonic boards?

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
^^^

The boards REALLY helped me. I started lurking the boards mostly when smash came out in America so I knew a lot about Sonic once it came out here in AUS allowing me to have a greater advantage.

The video libraries helped a lot, as watching other Sonic's play was extremely helpful in developing my meta game.

ASC and the spin shot have been by far the most beneficial advance techs for me, and I probably wouldn't have been the Sonic I am now without them.

But around the time the first tier list came out, I noticed the Sonic boards started too not develop as much, and there were a lot of spammy posts/topics. And as my exams came closer, so i started to drift away.

But overall, this board has been a great success and should continue to stay that away.

Browny

Smash Hater
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Why is it australian sonic/lucario mainers always hide from me >_>

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
Hey guys, anyone from NC in these boards? Sonic is my 2nd main next to Wario, but I'm starting to use him just as much as Wario.
I've been a lurker basically, I think everything that could be said in these boards has been said, which is why I don't do much talking. I'm hoping I can find some friends so I can actually do more talking though. :p
I've learned a lot from the info you guys have shared, and the videos have helped improve my game.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Whoa, I didn't realize how many lurkers we have >_>

Welcome aboard guys :p
At least we're getting positive feedback. I was expecting..

"****, you guys are ****ED up! I keep trying to learn more, but I see all this **** spam! Steak? What the ****'s up with Steak? AND HAUNTER? WHY MUST YOU ALL POST HAUNTERS EVERYWHERE?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE!"

:093:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Be sure to change my name so it has the period after it... >_>

Oh yeah. I'm actually gonna transform all of the names on the list to links that will bring you to the corresponding user. (smart sentence is smart.)

"****, you guys are ****ED up! I keep trying to learn more, but I see all this **** spam! Steak? What the ****'s up with Steak? AND HAUNTER? WHY MUST YOU ALL POST HAUNTERS EVERYWHERE?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU PEOPLE!"

lololol

just like AiB.

"Wut is :093:??"

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711

lol Nah, these boards are fun and Haunter is cool. :cool:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Indeed.

What's a scrub?

EDIT: Rofl@Stache, awesome.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hey guys, anyone from NC in these boards? Sonic is my 2nd main next to Wario, but I'm starting to use him just as much as Wario.
I've been a lurker basically, I think everything that could be said in these boards has been said, which is why I don't do much talking. I'm hoping I can find some friends so I can actually do more talking though. :p
I've learned a lot from the info you guys have shared, and the videos have helped improve my game.
If you post more we can address you issues in more detail, thus helping you more. Plus you'll get more friends. D:

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
Aww, my bad. xd
Just pretend I never did that. lol

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Box, it was just once. This one has potential. I see it.

Might as well let him have this taste of Haunterness.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, we'll let you off easy this time Stache. But you're cool, I hope you participate more in Sonic boards activities.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Yeah, he seems to post well, and he's not annoying, I'm sure within the month his steak will turn from gross and rotten to delicious and tender.

I had steak burgers for dinner today :D

Veen.

Plant. Water. Chop.
NNID
VeenStache711
lol, we'll let you off easy this time Stache. But you're cool, I hope you participate more in Sonic boards activities.

Sweet, thanks for not shunning me or anything. lol :cool:
Yeah, I'd like to show my face around here more.

EDIT: Oh, and you can call me Sing. I go by that more than stache. lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm guessing that's a bad thing >.<
NOWAI.

Rickerdy is cool. He just has an Abra and we had to give him permission to evolve it.

That's why you remind CiTH of him.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, Rickerdy is pretty cool. xD
I wanna play him, I think we should have good connection like mine and Chis's, lmao.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Greenie. Making this roll call right before I leave for the airport.
I lieks Sonic.

I'll see all your lovely faces in 6 weeks.
Goodbye.

Top Bottom