• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

oreopizza47

Smash Rookie
Erm... Yo.

Hey people, I am oreopizza47. I main Sonic, but, i'm not going to lie--I am not very good. I've been limited to school tournaments and I don't do well to say the least. I like to think that now that i'm here, I may be able to up my skills a bit.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm Blaze. I main ZSS.
Zero Spin Sonic
I prefer my steak raw.
I know most of you from the chat. Played some of you.
I'm one of the very few legit AiB Sonics.
The rest just Spin -> Spring -> D-Air (Wifi Nubs)
I personally believe that common sense is better than any tech or amount of spam.
I'm also one of the very few
(maybe THE only)
legit Pokemon Trainer on AiB as well.
I love that spoiler feature

I feel like I should be more active here. So....Hi
, I'm Daisy.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hey Oreopizza47 and Blaze, welcome to the Sonic boards. If you have any questions ask by via the FAQ thread, and if you're looking for something please use the index thread/search function. See you around sometime.

grits 'n gravy

Smash Rookie
grits 'n gravy, i'm in northern ATL but from TX
been playing smash bros since it first came out, sonic was the main reason I wanted brawl.
I'm alright with him just need help with my mindgames and reflexes. Hate it when I fall in a trap :ohwell:
Workin on getting wi-fi at the moment. Hope to brawl soon

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I am Dragonbreath, more commonly known as Thrillzilla. Nice name, huh?

I play an aggressive Sonic that looks to bait attacks and punish cooldown. Lot of shield grabs, too. I find myself generally living to 150-180%, and get most of my kills with Fsmash. Get most of my damage with grabs, downB, Fair and uair.

I need a good opponent to play against. Is there a friend code thread anywhere on this board?

grits 'n gravy

Smash Rookie
I lived in Killeen. Small city that wasn't too far from San Antonio, maybe a good hour and a half to two hours. Moved to ATL in early 2006 and been missing Texas ever since. Oh, GO SPURS GO!! :p

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Guy, we spanked the mess out of Dallas.

It was good way to win. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I lived in Killeen. Small city that wasn't too far from San Antonio, maybe a good hour and a half to two hours. Moved to ATL in early 2006 and been missing Texas ever since. Oh, GO SPURS GO!! :p
Killeen? I've been there once. Nice little place.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yo, I'm BionicSonic (people call me Bionic or Bio though), I usually lurk here and AiB though here more and usually hang out at the Sonic chat now.

I'm working on my Sonic atm -- I can't say it's as good as everyone else's (worst Sonic in MD by someone overseeing my match vs a scrub Snake at a tourney...blah) but if BTYF is any indication then I'm getting better. Once my sickness is over I'll post some videos so you guys can tell me how to work on it.

And yeah, I usually like to john about how my wavebird has no open channels -- so I could either be on my neighbor's phone's channel and mess up their phone as well as my controller -- or on mine or someone else's router and lag to hell. This is how I screw up a lot of Sonic combos on WiFi :) (and I dun like classic/wiichuk's...neither do I like coorded GC's because my TV is too far for it to reach)

P.S. RenegadeRaven's sig is win.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its fine to use a wavebird at home, but when you go to tourneys, distance from the tv should never be a factor so it might be in your best interests to just have a wired controller, if only for tourney use

Umby

Smash Master
Get out. Tenki and I are the only Sonic mains that need to be in Atlanta (and that's until I get rid of Tenki).

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm also a sonic man (Falco main, sonic man). I like sonic better. Much more skill involved in winning. Haven't really gotten to play anyone at all, my area isn't too great on smash i think (Orange County, NY anyone?). If anyone knows of OC NY, lives here, or visits frequently, let me know. I consider myself to be good, but after seeing some sonic tourney vids and falco vids, I think I have work to do. Especially Malcolm's newer vids. That guy inspired me to pick up sonic again. Though everyone on these boards is amazing.

I only visit sonic boards. I'm going to change my main to sonic I think. Only use the bird when I absolutely need it.

You guys are too awesome. Anyone come to midstate/upstate NY, message me. Haven't gone to tourneys (besides university tourneys, but I graduated), but if anything big is happening in NY or NYC and sonics are going to make a name for themselves, let me know; ill be there.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
2 GnG. He mentioned 2.

And don't worry about it. Your always welcomed back here in TX. Mainly San Antonio. :D

Waddledeechucker

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just wanted to join the roll call! I go by "Dash" on Brawl, and I love my experience thus far with Sonic. I originally started by maining Dedede, with some Lucario thrown in, but I just was not feeling either character. It wasn't until I was joking with my friend that I would kick his *** (he plays Pit and spams like no other) with the Blue Blur and no smash balls. I realized that I was telling no joke when I saw Sonic run circles around Pit, and finish him off with no problem. That began my love for Sonic as a main, despite the majority of competitive players around me leaning towards metaknight and snake. And yeah, you could consider me a lurker, seeing that I am more in the learning stage with Sonic, the competitive Brawl scene as a whole. I would love to play some people on Brawl whenever, be it for steak or whatnot.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just wanted to join the roll call! I go by "Dash" on Brawl, and I love my experience thus far with Sonic. I originally started by maining Dedede, with some Lucario thrown in, but I just was not feeling either character. It wasn't until I was joking with my friend that I would kick his *** (he plays Pit and spams like no other) with the Blue Blur and no smash balls. I realized that I was telling no joke when I saw Sonic run circles around Pit, and finish him off with no problem. That began my love for Sonic as a main, despite the majority of competitive players around me leaning towards metaknight and snake. And yeah, you could consider me a lurker, seeing that I am more in the learning stage with Sonic, the competitive Brawl scene as a whole. I would love to play some people on Brawl whenever, be it for steak or whatnot.
It's always nice to find more midwest Sonic players. So you go to tournaments? Any upcoming ones?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
its fine to use a wavebird at home, but when you go to tourneys, distance from the tv should never be a factor so it might be in your best interests to just have a wired controller, if only for tourney use
I didn't know that...dang, I have to find money for a new wired then, my last one broke.

Shadow102

Smash Rookie
I think I have a decent Sonic. I am a more defence based Sonic but I still do a good job on Offence. I use mind games. If anyone wants to rate my Sonic just tell me then Brawl me.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Welcome Shadow, well there's a wifi thread and a chat thread on the first page, so maybe you can challange someone there?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I think I have a decent Sonic. I am a more defence based Sonic but I still do a good job on Offence. I use mind games. If anyone wants to rate my Sonic just tell me then Brawl me.
I'll play you. Just hit me up when you wanna go and we can go. :)

Also welcome.

Curaga

Smash Ace
I didn't know this thread existed!

I play Sonic & Fox, but really pushing into my Sonic game since I've already had Fox all figured out in Melee.

I live 30 minutes away from Orlando, FL~ I just became competitive with Brawl on May 3rd. Biggest acheivement so far is 2nd in singles out of 20 and 2nd in teams out of 8 at my local arcade.

I don't own a Wii, but I'm hoping to change that in the near future. I practice and play with my Crew (RX), as well as get a lot of my experience in at the arcade.

Sonic is stupidly fun to play with, and I'm hoping that I can continue to bring in good tournament results with my favorite child hood super hero. :p

CURE is my tag in Smash. (Or sometimes (°_°) lol )

Let me know if I missed something.

fabolous

Smash Rookie
Well here my intro..
I main sonic, ZSS, and others.
In Atlanta, GA
I'm a mix of offense and defense. When needed I'll go straight into offense(with smarts of course) or I'' just lay back and focus on defense and punishing.
My main enemy though is my cousin AKA Dr. H. Killngr with his snake
My first online tournament though is friday night. I'll try to post me playing on youtube or something so I can get critiqued. :)

Kazz@

Smash Apprentice
Thankfully I'm in colorado.

I'm from Colorado Springs, CO.
I'd say I'm decent with sonic, and he's slowly slipping into my main slot instead of GaW.
I've beaten nobody here yet, so I'll have a match sometime friday.

Sh4dey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coming
Here's my basic sonic maining like info.
I main Sonic and second main All heavy weighted chars like Ganon, Ike, Bowser ,Snake,Rob,DK.
But anyway my top three are: Sonic, DK, and Snake in that order.
Im Baltimore, MD
I'm not steak worthy yet but I think I'm ready for tourneys, I try to be a mindgamy pressure in your face without really being there type Sonic. If that made any sense lol. I can't describe it well so that's why I finally have decent videos to explain it for me. Oh, I will try to gimp in a heartbeat even if the odds are high that I'll fail and I spam grab.
I've never played another Sonic before because how everybody I know underrates Sonic and calls him trash until I beat them with him , so I'll be VERY happy to play one and learn from them.I'm on like every night lol so it's very hard to miss me.
I have like 10 vidz of me on youtube, but if you can't wait till it's posted in "The Winning Steak Cinemas" then just look up "you1w" on you tube and you'll find me. Plz critiqe me, I can only Indentify my flaws so much.
I think that's it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Welcome fabolous, Kazz@, and Sh4dey. :)

I'm a new Sonic as well so I hope to play some of you sometime soon. :)

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah tanman in melb is pretty good. W150 here in adelaide is also getting a lot better but idk if he plans on using sonic in tourney or not lol

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Sup pplz.

Yeah, SOLID here, I main Marth, second MK, and play like 7 characters (including Sonic).

I'm in Chicago and I love like all the Sonic mains that I've met.

:093:

Top Bottom