• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I have the "console" version of this and at first I thought it was really cool but the SOUND makes it near impossible for me to play Sonic on it because it just feels wrong D:
Yeah, while it's bearable most of the time, for games that are just terribad I just play while listening to music on my phone.

I wouldn't stand having it happening on a "console" though.. :smash:

It's still pretty neat playing some Genesis on the go. With physical buttons.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Mario Kart 8 DLC is awesome. I'm gonna be blazing through it when I can when I'm not recovering from my surgery.
How's that going? Hope you're doing well.
Im now even more salty that Microsoft bought rare.

KI looks like so much fun but like....**** buying a xbone just for this (especially since the game costs like £15)
Yeah, I'll never buy Xbone. I'm getting ready for a PS4 though...
Yes.

I wonder why they didn't use the drift animation from Unleashed or Colors/Generations for this though...

But now I'm actually wondering why Sonic Team hasn't released a Sonic multiplayer game that's in the boost style. Imagine a racer that's like Sonic R but actually good with the engine and graphics of a modern Sonic game… That'd be some actual good multiplayer.

Although, All-Stars Transformed was really good too.
Who played Sonic R? Kappa.
everybody

EVERYBODY

EVERYBODAAAAAY
Yeah, while it's bearable most of the time, for games that are just terribad I just play while listening to music on my phone.

I wouldn't stand having it happening on a "console" though.. :smash:

It's still pretty neat playing some Genesis on the go. With physical buttons.
Yeah, mine was a gift so at first I was like COOL and it had a bunch of built-in games, including ones I wanted to try and never had before like Ristar… But I can't handle playing Sonic on it :/

I have a bunch of Sonic things for my DS/3DS like the 3D rerelease of Sonic 1 and the DS collection of the Genesis Sonic games. Finally, a way to play S3&K on a real platform on the go… They announced a 3D Sonic 2 rerelease so maybe one day… Probably never.

:093:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Im more salty Generations didnt have any multiplayer. Like. Just imagine racing someone with boosts through all those stages. (Sky Sanctuary was bae)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just got outta surgery today. I'm relaxing and gotta stay in bed for like, 2 weeks. But I'll be alright! Hopefully it heals as well as it did last time.
I hope things turn out okay for you. Being a football/baseball player in High School, I'm no stranger to this whole surgery business.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Funnily enough, after playing Brawl Sonic for a while a couple days ago, my Sm4sh Sonic improved greatly. Really enjoying him right now.

I'm hungry for a new Sonic game. I could continue playing Lost World 3DS that I got for Christmas, but between Smash, Mario Kart and Pokemon AS, I don't really feel like playing it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Funnily enough, after playing Brawl Sonic for a while a couple days ago, my Sm4sh Sonic improved greatly. Really enjoying him right now.

I'm hungry for a new Sonic game. I could continue playing Lost World 3DS that I got for Christmas, but between Smash, Mario Kart and Pokemon AS, I don't really feel like playing it.
I bet we might possibly get information from SEGA about the next Sonic game at E3, but this time we actually have to wait like we didn't do so long enough for Sonic Boom.

NNID
MasterHavik
I take a small break, so I can let the patch blow over and I come and find out this got changed.

Sonic Says:Nintendo is anti-competitive. We can talk buffs and nerfs until we're blue in the face, but this game will die if they keep removing tech.

"
  • A + B together produces smash attacks (this may be switched off in controller settings)
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • Tilts/smashes while holding an item has been removed (Link, Megaman, Peach, etc

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
OK Story time:

I waltz in to my local collectibles shop (they have a **** ton of video game stuff) and I'm just browsing like I do.
Not seeing much new stuff that I'm interested in, but before I leave I decide to rummage through the $5 GBA game basket.
It's the usual licensed crap, whatever. But then a label catches my eye......
It's Sonic Battle. SONIC BATTLE.
Couldn't believe it, cartridge and label in perfect condition. Goes for like $13 on ebay, nabbed it for $5.

So far it's soooooo much fun. And I'm noticing that a lot of the moves in the game are used in Super Smash Flash 2 which is pretty neato.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I wish the axe kick sonic has in battle was his actual FAir in normal smash games. I love it so much in PM.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Rolling around at the speed of sound!
Got bananas to dodge, got to follow up with my Spring Jump!
Can't suck all day, have to keep levelin' up,
Will I smash again, only one way to find out!

Follow me - set me free - trust me
and we will escape from RollCity!

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Yo guys my school's anime club did a smash wii u tournament 2 months ago and I lost and didn't get far.

Anyway, today we were going to have an amiibo tournament but there weren't enough amiibos so we had another normal tournament (totally different rules from normal Smash 4 tourneys). This time, I won the whole thing.

I'm not a very good player, but I'm trying to improve and I felt really good about it today.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I'm finally getting the Sonic suit in Mario Kart 8 sometime this weekend. I had my Wii U away from my Amiibos ever since Spring Break, and I finally brought it back home from the dorm since we're almost to the end of the year.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I take a small break, so I can let the patch blow over and I come and find out this got changed.

Sonic Says:Nintendo is anti-competitive. We can talk buffs and nerfs until we're blue in the face, but this game will die if they keep removing tech.

"
  • A + B together produces smash attacks (this may be switched off in controller settings)
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • Tilts/smashes while holding an item has been removed (Link, Megaman, Peach, etc

Dude I'm right there with you. I took a break to play Bloodbourne and catch up on some things and then I play online today for some practice for an upcoming tournament....... I'm ruined. Lol. I am having a seriously hard time killing ppl. Lots of Sudden deaths.

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
I don't mean to John but man I have been getting really unlucky with seeding lately. I'm constantly getting locals where 2nd round I'm against Ryo or something like that (it's getting better, I can sometimes take a set off him), and I went to a monthly in Orlando yesterday where my first round was against a guy who goes by Streetshark who is apparently one of the best Sonics in the state. I took a stock off him in the ditto but I played very poorly due to anxiety.

Last edited:

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Woh, there's a tonne of Sonic hate going on in the last few pages of the Character Competitive Impressions thread at the moment O_O.

A lot of the typical "Spindash is nonpunishable", "Sonic easily resets to neutral" and even "Sonic is cancer and should be removed from the game" etc... >.>

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That thread is hilarious. I stopped viewing it months ago because its so...wrong. That and the people who try and assert themselves the most and more or less dictate the thread have absolutely no ****ing clue. The one time I chimed in was when everyone was creaming their pants over HSD, asking simply why it was better than default in their opinion. In came the tirade of '14 members with over 9000 posts telling me that I'd been living under a rock and that I was dumb because obviously they're smash gurus and know every character inside out, whilst making absolutely no reference to the question whatsoever. Lol'd. Left.

:114:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is my last week of my 2nd year in college. As soon as I move all of my stuff out of the dorm, I'm probably gonna get back to playing Sonic Colors or Sonic Heroes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wish I was young again.
First day of my new job and I'm nervous as hell.

I don't think I've ever been so intimidated in all my years of Smash Bros. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Best of luck to you all.

I just finished my last class at college and will be graduating in the coming weeks... Also need to look for more jobs.

What a world :/

In the meantime, practicing my Sonic Unleashed S ranks. All about Chun-nan.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Right back at ya!
Thank you~

Would you guys be interested if I uploaded Sonic Unleashed S Ranks or is it just old news at this point? I'll probably do it anyway for fun, but wanted some thoughts.

I basically treat it like glitchless speedruns.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Applied for my first job so I have something after this year of college. Nervous. As. ****.

Thank you~

Would you guys be interested if I uploaded Sonic Unleashed S Ranks or is it just old news at this point? I'll probably do it anyway for fun, but wanted some thoughts.

I basically treat it like glitchless speedruns.

I wouldnt mind, heck I plan on uploading SA2 Last Story runs (Glitched though) as soon as I get a new laptop/PC.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
That thread is hilarious. I stopped viewing it months ago because its so...wrong. That and the people who try and assert themselves the most and more or less dictate the thread have absolutely no ****ing clue. The one time I chimed in was when everyone was creaming their pants over HSD, asking simply why it was better than default in their opinion. In came the tirade of '14 members with over 9000 posts telling me that I'd been living under a rock and that I was dumb because obviously they're smash gurus and know every character inside out, whilst making absolutely no reference to the question whatsoever. Lol'd. Left.

:114:
Tell me about it. You'd think Dr. Robotnik took over some salt mines with all the salt and Sonic hate in that thread. Holy crap do people not know how to deal with spin dash and spring escapes?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Tell me about it. You'd think Dr. Robotnik took over some salt mines with all the salt and Sonic hate in that thread. Holy crap do people not know how to deal with spin dash and spring escapes?
no

the answer is no

I don't think you guys realize how bad at Smash the vast majority of the population is, especially with one as new as Smash 4 with the sheer amount of ignorant newcomers who don't know anything about competitive gaming or Smash games in general.

Unfortunately, the internet exists, and any scrub or casual can type here.

Top Bottom