• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
So B-throw has only been killing because people were DI'ing wrong and it has even less kill power than we thought it did? I'm just...gonna go cry for awhile.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I can't believe people didn't know that DI works like this.

Then again...the only reason why I've been able to easily DI in Smash 4 is because I've been DIing (horizontally) incorrectly since Melee.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
I can't believe people didn't know that DI works like this.

Then again...the only reason why I've been able to easily DI in Smash 4 is because I've been DIing (horizontally) incorrectly since Melee.
Lucky for you. But the rest of us are gonna have to get rid of a muscle memory that's been around since the first game.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Of course steakiest.

And yeah, I hate the argument of "Well I've been a scrub at Smash forever so this method is good anyway."

It's not our fault people were bad at DI and never learned to properly do it. It's lame that it's arbitrarily different.

Also, the fact that vertical and horizontal DI is different totally ****s with balance.

Like, Bthrow was nerfed to balance for what people thought DI was for it, but now that people realize they've been DI'ing wrong, now Bthrow is nerfed to hell and is basically useless as far as a KO option goes. It's completely asinine.

So yeah, Bthrow is even worse than people thought and this realization for DI affects the game in less obvious ways to the casual who never understood the concept and are just okay with it.

:093:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Soooo holding up and toward the stage isn't correct? Thought that's how you're always suppose to di, you don't want to hold straight up since you need to drift back to the stage

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Soooo holding up and toward the stage isn't correct? Thought that's how you're always suppose to di, you don't want to hold straight up since you need to drift back to the stage
For horizontal, just hold towards the stage. That's it. Holding up now increases your chances of dying whereas before it was a necessity.

Vertical is still the same.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What's..... going on?
I said hello.

So B-throw has only been killing because people were DI'ing wrong and it has even less kill power than we thought it did? I'm just...gonna go cry for awhile.
Oh. Well that sucks.

Of course steakiest.

And yeah, I hate the argument of "Well I've been a scrub at Smash forever so this method is good anyway."

It's not our fault people were bad at DI and never learned to properly do it. It's lame that it's arbitrarily different.

Also, the fact that vertical and horizontal DI is different totally ****s with balance.

Like, Bthrow was nerfed to balance for what people thought DI was for it, but now that people realize they've been DI'ing wrong, now Bthrow is nerfed to hell and is basically useless as far as a KO option goes. It's completely asinine.

So yeah, Bthrow is even worse than people thought and this realization for DI affects the game in less obvious ways to the casual who never understood the concept and are just okay with it.

I could just have told you that by versing CPUs. Serious, his B Throw just can't kill anymore. It's only use IMO (unfortunately) is to get characters go stage when you don't have another option.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The DI has been that way ever since the WiiU version launched. Could even be as early as vanilla 3DS, but I can't really prove that. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey guys.

I graduated.

Now what?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Hey guys.

I graduated.

Now what?

Now...you live.

Um, I'm saving up for a holiday, and have started learning Spanish in a rare foray into self improvement. If you don't already, save and lrn2drive. Biggest mistake I've made is getting my own place without doing stuff like learning to drive first. I prolly could get the money together, but I drink like a fish.

Also well done.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It wouldn't kill with rage pre or post patch. I tested it prior. Regardless of patch, it doesn't kill Pikachu until about 70%. At that point, hitstun is too great.

And no. He fully expected it because I showed it to him before. He DI'd left so I couldn't follow up on it. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Get a girlfriend?
Most of my past relationships haven't gone too well so I haven't been too motivated as of late. I should probably change that.
Now...you live.
:0

scary
Um, I'm saving up for a holiday, and have started learning Spanish in a rare foray into self improvement. If you don't already, save and lrn2drive. Biggest mistake I've made is getting my own place without doing stuff like learning to drive first. I prolly could get the money together, but I drink like a fish.
Oh yeah, I've been drinking too and still am right now lol.

I actually know Spanish quite decently and have been thinking of improving it as well... I also want to learn Japanese. I just wish I knew more languages :/ It's such a cool ability to have.

I already know how to drive as I was raised in PA but in NY I don't really need to...

Also well done.

Thank you <3
That is cool.
You are cool.
He lived, but I did it guys:
:applejack:
Smooth.

I should practice more things like this.

I messed around with Orochi's Spring > Dair platform cancel just for the sake of knowing it. I should really expand my knowledge more.
Congrats. What course was it by the way?
Thanks! I was a film major.

Top Bottom